Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

Re: UnMasked Tundra Kostume for DLC

If he were as sexy as the guy in the picture? Sure.

But anyway, I don't like the costume. Never have. I don't mind him being unmasked, but if they do that they NEED to make up for it with a spectacular costume design.

I didn't like him in MK3 but I really liked this look:

Sub_Zero_MKDA_by_GBK666.jpg

Re: What would your reaction be if Link from the Legend of zelda series was DLC?

But if we're gonna throw in one outsider, might as well throw in another. At this point they could toss in a Xenomorph and it would make as much sense as Kratos.

Predator would actually be a good fit, sure some of you will b!tch and complain because he's from space, but whatever,and the character himself would be perfect. High Tech weapons are acceptable just look at the robots in this game. plus predator is a mix of primitive style combat, and futuristic.what this game has both of. I say thats a ****ing win if you ask me

screw Kratos,Freddy and Jason. Alien/Predator for DLC all the way.

I didn't like him in MK3 but I really liked this look:

Sub_Zero_MKDA_by_GBK666.jpg

I'm the same way. I have no love for unmasked MK3 Sub-Zero, but I dig unmasked MKDA Sub-Zero. Something about him just seems so much more badass to me lol. Maybe it's cuz his vest-thing (sorry if I'm lacking the more technical term lol) looks cool or maybe an old man beating down a bunch of snot-nosed punks reminds me of Clint Eastwood in Gran Turino but either way, I like it lol.

Re: What would your reaction be if Link from the Legend of zelda series was DLC?

While Kratos doesn't belong in the sense of the MK tradition, he is a pretty close fit for the tone and style of the game. All brutal and blood covered and what not. I was surprised his head tearing QTE wasn't a fatality. He just about works story-wise as well, if we consider Greek mythology to be ancient history rather than fiction, drawing a powerful fighter through time seems plausible in the crazy MK universe.

lol the tone was sarcastic, but No I dont like it but if they realese it I dont mind I would not dl it and done.

What i would hate is that costume being his main in a future MK, that would suck badly IMO.

Sub-Zero is a ninja, if they try to change that again it would be a huge fail.

Sub zero is an assassin not a ninja so they can make him look like they want

I always like unmasked Sub-Zero. I liked every costume design the Mk team has ever given Subby. I agree that he should always have his ninja costume for his primary costume but for his alternate, I would of loved to see a unmasked version of Sub.

Sub zero is an assassin not a ninja so they can make him look like they want

But he always looked like a ninja.

Unmasked Sub-Zero is not Sub-Zero, is a random guy with lot of gel and blue suspenders.

Sub-Zero is a ninja. Period.

Do the inverse with Cage.
Turn cage into a ninja or a sorcerer for an entire game, would you like it? Maybe some people will but most of Cage's fans wont.

Cage as a sorcerer? That would be..... EPIC!!!

J/k:gr_jest:

I totally agree though. I prefer Subby's "ninja" look. I don't mind his unmasked look if it's a free download but I certainly hope it doesn't become his main look in future games

Bottom line is Sub-Zero is a cyromancer looking like a ninja and having the skills of a ninja or assassin are 2 very different things. You dont have to look like a ninja to possess the skills. Sub-Zero is a cyromancer and can look anyway they want him too.

Bottom line is Sub-Zero is a cyromancer looking like a ninja and having the skills of a ninja or assassin are 2 very different things. You dont have to look like a ninja to possess the skills. Sub-Zero is a cyromancer and can look anyway they want him too.

Smoke is not a ninja is an assassin too but looks like a ninja and when devs. removed his hood, nothing else, people complainted a lot (including me).

Reptile is not human, but he wared a human guise, when devs. turned him into a full lizard most of people complainted and still complaint (I still like both though).

Liu Kang is human but people hated when devs. turned him into a zombie. (I never use liu kang but i never liked that as his main)

Sub-Zero is not a exception, they can make him and any other char look like they want, true, but that doesnt mean it would be good.

IMHO Unmasked Sub-Zero = Epic Fail

Smoke is not a ninja is an assassin too but looks like a ninja and when devs. removed his hood, nothing else, people complainted a lot (including me).

Reptile is not human, but he wared a human guise, when devs. turned him into a full lizard most of people complainted and still complaint (I still like both though).

Liu Kang is human but people hated when devs. turned him into a zombie. (I never use liu kang but i never liked that as his main)

Sub-Zero is not a exception, they can make him and any other char look like they want, true, but that doesnt mean it would be good.

IMHO Unmasked Sub-Zero = Epic Fail

Sorry but I disagree I liked all of those changes including the cyborg change on Sub-Zero. Some people just dont like change and thats fine but I do. For this game im glad they kept alot of the stuff the same but for the next game they need drastic character changes.

Its just a simple costume thats why there are more then 1 for variety

Yes! I loved Unmasked Sub-Zero in MK3, screw all of the people who think he's just a ninja/Lin Kuei assassin; it gave Sub-Zero a unique look back in MK3, especially to those who refused to believe that the Elder Sub-Zero was dead and that the Sub-Zero from MK2 isn't the same as the Sub-Zero in MK1.

Besides, what's wrong with a little trip down memory lane? It wouldn't be canonical anyways considering Tundra is a cyborg now.

Yes! I loved Unmasked Sub-Zero in MK3, screw all of the people who think he's just a ninja/Lin Kuei assassin; it gave Sub-Zero a unique look back in MK3, especially to those who refused to believe that the Elder Sub-Zero was dead and that the Sub-Zero from MK2 isn't the same as the Sub-Zero in MK1.

Besides, what's wrong with a little trip down memory lane? It wouldn't be canonical anyways considering Tundra is a cyborg now.

I remember never playing MK3 for the lack of ninjas.
IMHO worst fighting MK ever.

UMK3 was the boss, full of ninjas and with ninja subbie back =)

Bruce Norris Forever said:
Yes! I loved Unmasked Sub-Zero in MK3, screw all of the people who think he's just a ninja/Lin Kuei assassin

I respect the opinion of people who likes unmasked SZ (unlike you who told me to screw myself) but I cannot disagree more with them...

MK3 isn't a bad game, just an incomplete one.

You could tell because of the Bridge/Soul Chamber glitch, where if you kept uppercutting them to the Balcony on Soul Chamber, you'd be caught in an infinite loop where you'd only play at The Bridge and Soul Chamber until you didn't uppercut them for the whole match in the Soul Chamber. I agree, though, UMK3 is kickass. :cool:

Anyways, I would love to see that Unmasked Sub-Zero outfit from MK3 come back.