Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

Some of the babalities i have seen are damn funny (Sub slipping on frozen pee...lulz)...I would have taken friendships over them any day though.

Not big on dlc...but i will prob drop cas on anything they release for this game.

Babalities are def entertaining this time around...but I don't think many people would preferred them over friendships. Which has to lead me to think NRS knows they could make a gripload charging...say...$5 for friendships. I know I wouldn't hesitate!

Of course PSN has to work first.

Re: Do you think we will get "Friendship's" on DLC?

I hope they do have Friendships; I like the creativity they used for the babalities in MK9, so it would be awesome to see what they could come up with for Friendships.

Re: Do you think we will get "Friendship's" on DLC?

I would rather see Animalities, but I'd love to see any new set of finishers added.

Would you like X-Rays as DLC?

Hey, i know everyone talks about Fatalities, Characters, Stages, etc as DLC but what about X-Rays as DLC?

In my opinion it would be rather cool if each character has two different X-Rays to chose from. Like when you pick your character, it gives you the option to chose which X-Ray you want to have for your character. Also they would only be different X-Ray animations because if one X-Ray does more damage then the other, of course everyone would pick that because it does more damage :) An example would be like this, "Nightwolfs DLC X-Ray: Tomahawks his opponents chin, breaking the chin. Then shoves two daggers in his opponents eyes, then he calls forth lightning to the daggers which causes his opponent to get electrocuted"!

So what are your opinions on an X-Ray DLC? Do you think it would add more creativity to the game?

Re: Would you like X-Rays as DLC?

inb4 a Street Fighter reference.

I'd like it, I suppose. I don't really like Xray's to begin with. They are just a "get out of jail free" card for players. They usually are the deciding factor in a match. I wish people would match my code online for no Xrays. :\

inb4 a Street Fighter reference.

I'd like it, I suppose. I don't really like Xray's to begin with. They are just a "get out of jail free" card for players. They usually are the deciding factor in a match. I wish people would match my code online for no Xrays. :\

Yea, i get what you're saying. It does decide the match and i'd match your code! Lol

X-Ray was the best idea they had and the best addition to the gameplay since the game was created.

I would love to see at least 1 more for each character. It would give us the chance to change the gameplay style of some characters. Like Cage.

Hey, i know everyone talks about Fatalities, Characters, Stages, etc as DLC but what about X-Rays as DLC?

A very good idea more moves will clearly diversify the game and thus increasing the replayability.

In my opinion it would be rather cool if each character has two different X-Rays to chose from. Like when you pick your character, it gives you the option to chose which X-Ray you want to have for your character. Also they would only be different X-Ray animations because if one X-Ray does more damage then the other, of course everyone would pick that because it does more damage :) An example would be like this, "Nightwolfs DLC X-Ray: Tomahawks his opponents chin, breaking the chin. Then shoves two daggers in his opponents eyes, then he calls forth lightning to the daggers which causes his opponent to get electrocuted"!

Well I don't think it would be wise to let the player chose the X-Ray he/she wants to use. It would be better to have different conditions the player must fulfill in order to get the X-Ray, like being in the air or crouch. Or even a counter X-Ray but to let people chose is IMHO a little bit lame. X-Rays shouldn't be just some generic special moves you could always use. Binding them to some prerequisites intensifies the whole battle.

So what are your opinions on an X-Ray DLC? Do you think it would add more creativity to the game?

Clearly! I agree with you on this 100%

Immortal Reaver said:

I also don't like the idea that people uses an X-Ray move more than once. I would like to have an option to use an X-Ray move once per match. Yes it is a "get out of jail free" and IMHO it's good to have one very mighty move. But limiting it to a one time use increases the importance of the move and on the same reducing the amount of abuse of the moves. Once per match isn't a deciding factor for the match but it could be and this may make battles more suspenseful.

Ans besides you always have the NO X-RAY KOMBAT CODE.

But I advocate the option of using it once per match.

Dlc anticipation/request

I was playing last night and realized, in the bacground of The Pit, that one of th two people fighting was Sareena. I would love to see her in game and could definately see her being a playable character in the game since her model is already in (the same with Tanya).

So I would really like to see Tanya and Sareena as DLC, along with brutalities.

What do you guys wanna see or hope for?

Re: Dlc anticipation/request

I'd like to see (more) Cyborg versions of existing fighters.

Spoiler:
Like the Cyborg reptile in challenge tower you get to play as, and Unit 5 which looks like it could easily be made a Noob borg, and the grey Cyborg at the start of Challenge tower which could be a model for Cyborg Smoke.

Even if it were more or less only a visual change and alt costume, I'd like the option of it. :)

Don't care at all. Usually I wouldn't even share my opinion, but with all the constant DLC talk, I wonder how long it'll be until the requests accumulate to Armageddon's roster? Personally, I'd hate to see MK9 turn into that. When it's time to breathe new life into the game, I'd be keen for an extra story chapter, and more characters introduced that way. Instead of just throwing them in for the sake of it.

Besides, NRS have more important things to work on IMO; bugfixes, netcode, things that benefit the actual game. We have enough content for now.

I'd like to see (more) Cyborg versions of existing fighters.

Spoiler:
Like the Cyborg reptile in challenge tower you get to play as, and Unit 5 which looks like it could easily be made a Noob borg, and the grey Cyborg at the start of Challenge tower which could be a model for Cyborg Smoke.

Even if it were more or less only a visual change and alt costume, I'd like the option of it. :)

Yes I so agree with you. That'll be nice to see as alt costumes...if anything.

Don't care at all. Usually I wouldn't even share my opinion, but with all the constant DLC talk, I wonder how long it'll be until the requests accumulate to Armageddon's roster? Personally, I'd hate to see MK9 turn into that. When it's time to breathe new life into the game, I'd be keen for an extra story chapter, and more characters introduced that way. Instead of just throwing them in for the sake of it.

Besides, NRS have more important things to work on IMO; bugfixes, netcode, things that benefit the actual game. We have enough content for now.

And I agree with you too. We have more than enough content to tide us over for a while. And I'm more than just sure the NRS is already working on the bugs and netcode and stuff. But you know Boon is going to want to give fans a whole bunch of stuf cuz he's a fan boy too.

Definitely more story chapters... I don't wanna wait another few years for the next one... And bring Liu kang and the earthrelm warriors back to life WITHOUT turning them into zombies (Liu kang style)

I'd love to see DLC X-rays, except I don't really use X-rays a lot in real matches. I think breakers are way too important when you have a solid opponent. However, I do love watching the X-rays, so bring on the DLC!

would love to see extra xray attacks for each character. and not just that, special moves too as well.

I want the bosses playable, Rain, Tanya, Reiko, Li Mei, Hotaru and Taven as DLC. Also, more costumes and additional missions in Challenge Tower and the return an animalities.