Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

You must be joking <-<-<-lp, MK 9 Kahn is way superior to Dark Kahn in every way. And the way he inflates like a chewing gum when he is defeated is so rediculous. Plus he has 0 charisma, his laugh and quotes sucks. Oh and a fusion between Kahn & Dark Seid?! lol.

I wasn't talking about secondary things.
I was talking about how fun he was to fight.

You can't tell me you enjoy fighting MK9 Kahn with his super armor and unblockable moves.

I used to quit right before I would beat DK (lol), just so I could fight him again.
I'd never do that shit with MK9 Kahn :)

Mk vsDC wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't great either. It set up the graphic engine for MK9, so it wasn't pointless. My main problem with MKvsDC was that they tried to copy Capcom by doing a crossover with a comic book publisher. Except, MK vsDCwasn't done too well, and all the gore from previous games had to be toned down because of the super heroes and to achieve that Teen rating.

Good thing MK9 was much better.

I was going to do the same thing, I was thinking of buying MK vs DC after playing MK9. Too bad, they don't have it at my video store and I didn't look hard enough for an used copy.

I liked MK vs DC. I hated the lack of gore and true fatalities. Anyone that played it can really appreciate Shang Tsungs joker fatality in MK9. But there is a couple things I really miss from MK vs DC. First and foremost I really miss Sub Zero's teleport, Sonya's bicycle kick, Shangs slide kick, Kitanas roll( remember the killer combos off of that?), 3D fighting and even though it had it's fair share of Flash spammers and the unbeatable Green Lanterns at least you could actually play online. There was laggy matches but not as many and not as bad as MK9.

Last edited:
I've been on the record many times stating the biggest problem with MK vs DC is unlike Capcom crossovers, neither fanbase wanted to see their guys fight the other side. MK fans hated it because it had to be toned down, and comic fans got all elitist over icky Mortal Kombat people mingling with their superheroes.

As an actual fighting game, it's really not that bad. I didn't even mind the storyline too much, even if they did stretch things to make it seem reasonable Superman was on an even playing field with MK characters. They even managed to pull off an old fashioned MK fatality controversy with the Joker.

If nothing else, it can be seen as a tech demo for what we know now as MK9, so in that regard it will probably make MK vs DC the MK4 of the new era of MK. That being the first game in a new style that gets bashed more than what's deserved because it wasn't something people were used to at the time.

Pros:

Well made MK 3d game
A decent story
Falling combat
That go through walls thing
Batman
Nice stages

Cons:
Not enough blood
Lame fatalities
Really lame brutalities
Not so great graphics
Lame boss
No fatality for Shao Kahn

The lack of gore never turned me off. I liked how they dropped the three style gimmicks and each character felt a lot more unique because of it.

It had good gameplay...that was further tweaked and implemented in MK9 in different ways. I actually admire it for daring to piss off the MK fans and wanting to deliver something that just had good mechanics. They didn't quite succeed for a number of reasons...mainly because people were just pissed off at the lack of blood, certain characters which fans believe ought to be included in every single game, and the lack of non-fighting related mini-games. Still, the mechanics were solid and the end game was quite fun to play.

The only thing TRULY wrong with the game were the infinites, superman's ground pound and the flash being overpowered. Sadly they couldn't support it as Midway went under. I hope they make another one, if not a new IP all together and give MK9 time to breath.

I've been on the record many times stating the biggest problem with MK vs DC is unlike Capcom crossovers, neither fanbase wanted to see their guys fight the other side. MK fans hated it because it had to be toned down, and comic fans got all elitist over icky Mortal Kombat people mingling with their superheroes.

As an actual fighting game, it's really not that bad. I didn't even mind the storyline too much, even if they did stretch things to make it seem reasonable Superman was on an even playing field with MK characters. They even managed to pull off an old fashioned MK fatality controversy with the Joker.

If nothing else, it can be seen as a tech demo for what we know now as MK9, so in that regard it will probably make MK vs DC the MK4 of the new era of MK. That being the first game in a new style that gets bashed more than what's deserved because it wasn't something people were used to at the time.

Everything you post is pure gold, you have such a good way of explaining things

I liked the game. As someone previously mentioned, it was the first 3d MK done right. I absolutely hate 3d fighting styles in the other MK and in this one, it worked. I really enjoyed Kitana's moveset and I liked playing Green Lantern. He was a super strong character and very well done.

The other thing is it brought me back into the series. I played MK 1-3 like crazy. When 4 came out, I was actually working at an arcade so being there off the clock was not something I wanted to do ... then the console games came out and I hated their fighting style. When MK vs DC come out, a friend of mine got it. I didnt even realize it was out. I saw them playing it and it reminded me somewhat of what UMK3 was like. I went out and bought it immediately. I never regretted it.

I like MK vs. DC. I don't call it an abomination like most people do. I used to kick ass with Kitana, Sonya, Superman, Batman, & Green Lantern. Despite the lack of content, it was still a fun game to play.

Also, the combo challenges were a pain in the ass. I remember staying up until 3am trying to get them done. And, this was the game I got my first Platinum Trophy on.

i played only online with that sometimes.
i didint like those superheros there...it was making this game like some moving comic book for me.

The game really wasn't bad at all.

The only thing I didn't like was that there wasnt much to do after you beat story.
Sure there was arcade and kombo challenge but those get old. Because MK9 had Challenge Tower, Krypt, more characters and better characters, and violent fatalites it was a way better game.

No. MK9 didn't spoil you. I played MK vs DCU at a friend's house and was on the verge of breaking his game disc. It was that bad.

vsDC is the reason why mk9 is around, it may feel clunkier, but the game play of both games is very similar. neutral jumps, how to string juggles with dashes, the art.. the best way to put vsDC is, it was too rushed and an idea that should have stayed on the drawing boards. had it been mk8, no DC chars, and a post armageddon story, the game would have been praised more by fans.

go back and read all the ratings it got, the game actually did really well and was one of the most rented games that year (which could be looked at a bad or good thing). i don't like it, cuz besides batman and the watchmen, i never liked DC.

There's no way in hell MK9 would ever spoil you. It's just a testament to how much a piece of s**t MK vs DC really was.

I just purchased MK VS DC after seeing how many moves/animations in MK9 were taken directly from MK vs DC. I am looking forward to playing/beating it after finishing MK9. At least Sub-Zero has more than 3 moves (more like 2.5).