Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: anyone else done playing online?

  1. #61
    Tarkatan Warrior UCFReiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    St Louis, Missouri
    Age
    33
    Posts
    495
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    I never got into any type of online playing. biggest reason is all i hear is complaining. lol All the threads on people spamming the same moves, same characters, and I don't mean just MK I heard it for MVC3, even Starcraft 2. I have no problem losing a match, but i hate losing to stupid crap. I am no master at this game, or any other games but I still have fun. It irks me when I lose to people using the same move over and over again cuz I feel like they aren't playing to play, its just "I must win" which just annoys me to death.

    I know for me I am not that competitive in the sense that even if it was a big match I would still be sitting there I wonder if this move is any good, never tried it before "you have lost 65% of your health" well that's a no. yet my roommate who is a "zoner" aka spammer, even on casual play he just spams the same moves. I am like why not try new stuff? is the victory that crucial?

    Created by NS922

  2. #62
    Shaolin Monk yautjared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skarlet's Ninja Dojo
    Posts
    1,193
    Xbox Live
    yautjared
    PSN
    yautjared
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    I don't take online serious, for me, that stuff is just "sparring training" without none compromise in winning, so, I play mostly for fun with those dudes there ......... Don't bother me anymore people picking Kung Lao, Raiden, Scorpion and Ermac and doing exactly the same crap thing over and over again, because I don't take serious none of those players there .........

    Offline is much better for serious competition, online is just a "pastime" ......

    XD
    Skarlet : Kunoichi warrior, Kodachi master, Kunai expert.

  3. #63
    Kombatant Ermac210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Age
    28
    Posts
    199
    Twitter
    @Ermac210
    PSN
    Feli_GP
    Steam
    Ermac210
    Thanked: 9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    I'm done. Not for the gameplay, the online system sucks. I don't know if I'm the only one but sometimes the online crashes and freezes all the system, then I have to wait about 5-10 minutes or just disconnect the console. It's so annoying.
    The desync is another thing I hate.

    I'll not play online anymore until these guys release a patch to fix that shit.

    MK9 Online => PSN: Feli_GP | My connection sucks and the MK Servers are crap :D
    I WANT MY IMAGE LIMIT (2) BACK! ~ ~ ~

  4. #64
    Kombatant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, Hong Kong, Paris
    Posts
    140
    PSN
    Kogia_breviceps
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    I'm done because I never got started, the game has been for some reason (and still is) unplayable online due tothe desynch 'session lost' malarky (I have 8mb bb connection and can play other games online fine).

    I dream of chance to get online and then start whinging abaou spammers, I envy you that you've been able to experiece that side of the game... ;O)

    Street Fighter was annoying as hell like that as well, Ryu, Ken, Ryu, Ken, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Ryu, Ken, Ken, Ken, Akuma, Sagat, Sagat, this pretty much sums up online with that great fighting game.

  5. #65
    Shaolin Monk Flagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,761
    Xbox Live
    cactus flagg
    Thanked: 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    Okay, I noticed that if im the only one using the router, no one else is using a computer or laptop, then my connection is far better.

    Pretty ridiculous that, that should be a reason for poor online.

    Oh and regardless of how good my connection speed is, Desync Errors are beginning to irritate beyond belief!

  6. #66
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    Quote Originally Posted by UCFReiko View Post
    I never got into any type of online playing. biggest reason is all i hear is complaining. lol All the threads on people spamming the same moves, same characters, and I don't mean just MK I heard it for MVC3, even Starcraft 2. I have no problem losing a match, but i hate losing to stupid crap. I am no master at this game, or any other games but I still have fun. It irks me when I lose to people using the same move over and over again cuz I feel like they aren't playing to play, its just "I must win" which just annoys me to death.

    I know for me I am not that competitive in the sense that even if it was a big match I would still be sitting there I wonder if this move is any good, never tried it before "you have lost 65% of your health" well that's a no. yet my roommate who is a "zoner" aka spammer, even on casual play he just spams the same moves. I am like why not try new stuff? is the victory that crucial?
    lol Starcraft is one of the largest E-sports you'll run into. Of course everyone is playing to win.

    But I only slightly agree. like everyone has said before if you're losing to "cheap" tactics. You should be wanting them to spam it on you so you can learn it properly. Once you learn how to beat it, You'll never have to worry about it again. Because you'll force you opponent to play smart, or they will lose everytime. REALLY REALLY REALLY good players either win HARD against that stuff, or they play a good game because their opponent quickly learns they got punished like 4 times for the same thing.


    Playing to Learn vs Playing to Win

    A wise man once told me that you should ALWAYS play to learn, and not play to win. Playing to learn in normal matches meaning you treat every live match as if it's the lab. Always test the ground of something with new stuff even if you don't think it'll work just to CONFIRM it don't work. Because sometimes stuff that doesn't look like it would do something does. For instance Jade's 1,2 does not look like an anti air, but you can use it as a anti-air cross-up (offline the lag is too bad for this online). He only went into playing to win mode at tournaments.

    Playing to win is exactly what it is. You just resort to what you know gives you a better chance. If all you know is specials because you don't play to learn. Then you will just spam specials because you want to win right now(even if it don't work) but because these particular moves have givin you more than button mashing normals. People stick to them. And they are forever stuck in this bad loop of not getting better because they refuse to play to learn. They want to squeeze out everything they can.

    Funny you mention starcraft. In those rankings a protoss can get Diamond just 4gating EVERY GAME. But that's as far as they go. Because anyone below diamond tends to have a really bad time scouting. And usually just build some random strategy done by a pro. and go with it and hope it works. Instead of scouting/adapting. What rank are you in SC? IF you are bronze/silver.... You are going to run into ALOT OF CHEESE. Once you hit Diamond+ You don't see as much, because it stops working. I've become a god at stopping 4 gates because of how many times i had to deal with it. And I stop it with FE as zerg. And I don't even build dudes til the last second. People are scared of trying to builds they built up themself because they have the play to win mentality. When they could create their own super bad ass strategy if they took some losses under their belt. Alot of times they will try something new, lose with it. but it might have just been countered at that moment it might still be a good build. But because they lost ONCE they drop it like it's useless.

  7. #67
    Kombatant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    38
    Posts
    112
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Cage View Post
    Welcome to "Competative Play".

    Those kids you played were probably pro level players who are damn good at "zoning" you. And don't question anyone. Spamming = Zoning. It's a pro tactic. It's called zoning now, and it's legitimate play so... if you say anything otherwise, prepare to get crucified by 'tournament players' who will get their elite friends to dump on you on here. Just a heads up my friend.
    But you are not the only one who feels the same about what has happened to a once great community, that used to exist about a DECADE AND A HALF ago. Wonder where all the other cool cats like FatSatan and BarakaMK went?
    so being a giant douche has a politically correct term now? and its "competitive". welcome to english, heads up.

  8. #68
    Tarkatan Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    373
    Xbox Live
    che55ma5ter
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kogia View Post

    Street Fighter was annoying as hell like that as well, Ryu, Ken, Ryu, Ken, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Ryu, Ken, Ken, Ken, Akuma, Sagat, Sagat, this pretty much sums up online with that great fighting game.
    well now with ae its pretty much: yun, yang, yun, fei long, yun, fei long, yang, yun, yang

  9. #69
    Black Dragon Recruit
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    539
    Thanked: 10
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    I always wait for them to pick their kharacter first cuz if they continue to play the same person over and over then I just back out. I'm not worried about all the spammingf cuz I know how to defend it, I just dont want to play the same kharacter all the time.

  10. #70
    New Kombatant Stewlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    38
    Posts
    63
    Thanked: 4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    Quote Originally Posted by creed200569 View Post
    I always wait for them to pick their kharacter first cuz if they continue to play the same person over and over then I just back out. I'm not worried about all the spammingf cuz I know how to defend it, I just dont want to play the same kharacter all the time.
    So it becomes a ridiculous staring contest? JUST PICK SOMEBODY, AND LET'S PLAY!!!! Playing chicken during character select is my number one online pet peeve.
    I get the gist of what you're sayin...

  11. #71
    Kombatant LunaticSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Italy.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    155
    Twitter
    @_LunaticSoul_
    PSN
    TheUnforgivenII
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    I stopped to play online, because I lag, I've a huge lag input. It's something unbearable: fortunately I have a lot of friends who like MK, two of them even pretty good and competitive so if I need competition and human sparring partners I just tend to play offline.

  12. #72
    Shaolin Monk aedanwolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    the places between
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,123
    PSN
    aether99
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    Quote Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post
    so being a giant douche has a politically correct term now? and its "competitive". welcome to english, heads up.
    /sigh, hes just bitter.

    there is a difference between spamming and zoning

    spamming=rhythmic pattern of specials usually inputted as fast as allowed in hopes of overwhelming the opponent.

    zoning=non rhythmic, but instead reactive/predictive inputs of specials designed to control where the person is. noob is obviously fullscreen since he has little in the way of midrange damage and all his combos send the opponent midscreen or farther. as noob i COULD spam shadow run as fast as possible, thats spamming, you can block it, teleport around, jump over etc.

    if i was zoning id send out maybe 2 shadow charges, maybe dash back, send out a shadow slide for a low hit (and it staggered it because i took the time to dash back) dash forward, at this point the opponent is either losing horribly because he is refusing to block/teleport/jump or hes making headway to me. i "bait" his jump by trying to get him to think a charge is coming, then when he is in the air i send out a charge, which will catch him before he lands and push him back again.

    hell ive had people get too close so i did the one thing they didnt think of, dashed in, comboed into upknee to create space and zone again, they thought i woulda backed off or something, and they paid for it.

    zoning in itself is a mindgame, and i love mindgames.
    Noob: FEAR ME!
    Cyber Sub-Zero: You are not so fearsome
    Noob: /sadface
    PSN network, aether99

  13. #73
    Kombatant Xx Skorpion xX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    198
    Xbox Live
    Xx Skorpion xX
    Thanked: 16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewlie View Post
    So it becomes a ridiculous staring contest? JUST PICK SOMEBODY, AND LET'S PLAY!!!! Playing chicken during character select is my number one online pet peeve.
    For someone who plays to win but respects a good player when they see one, I'd like to call it strategy

  14. #74
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    Quote Originally Posted by Saskabilly_Psychosis View Post
    I've had it with playing online. I can't stand people being only 5 characters and just spamming the same attacks and combs again and again. Last night I played a total of 11 matches.... the only characters were Raiden, Scorpion, and Kung Lao... after getting hit by a hundred supermans, and the same scorpion combo all night. I've decided that I'm done. I like to have fun. Not play cheap jerks.
    Sounds like you're horrible at the game...quit crying

  15. #75
    Shaolin Monk Dedamn666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pontecarlo UK
    Posts
    1,628
    Twitter
    @**** knows zombiewoof bat i think
    Xbox Live
    none bought the right console
    PSN
    zombie665
    Thanked: 192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    Quote Originally Posted by aedanwolfe View Post
    /sigh, hes just bitter.

    there is a difference between spamming and zoning

    spamming=rhythmic pattern of specials usually inputted as fast as allowed in hopes of overwhelming the opponent.

    zoning=non rhythmic, but instead reactive/predictive inputs of specials designed to control where the person is. noob is obviously fullscreen since he has little in the way of midrange damage and all his combos send the opponent midscreen or farther. as noob i COULD spam shadow run as fast as possible, thats spamming, you can block it, teleport around, jump over etc.

    if i was zoning id send out maybe 2 shadow charges, maybe dash back, send out a shadow slide for a low hit (and it staggered it because i took the time to dash back) dash forward, at this point the opponent is either losing horribly because he is refusing to block/teleport/jump or hes making headway to me. i "bait" his jump by trying to get him to think a charge is coming, then when he is in the air i send out a charge, which will catch him before he lands and push him back again.

    hell ive had people get too close so i did the one thing they didnt think of, dashed in, comboed into upknee to create space and zone again, they thought i woulda backed off or something, and they paid for it.

    zoning in itself is a mindgame, and i love mindgames.
    no there is little to no difference to it, some pricks come up with a name for it as they have seen its the easiest way to win in projectile based 2D fighters. No one, no one online mindlessly stands there and fires projectiles hoping they hit, no one not even a 6 year old with half a brain. It was called spamming, first, it is and allways will be called spamming, even if some little douche comes up with a name and decided to outline a few of the other tactics used in order to call it zoning. its the same thing fighting keeping distance and using nothing but special moves to win.
    Either way its a game and id like to think the vast majority dont sit there pooring sweat in terror of a spammer/zoners constant unbridled skill of jumping to the other end of the screen, throwing a few projectiles, dash forward, dash back, projectile again, so they loose to the spammer/zoner through chip damage in the end anyway, despite all of the counters, dash blocking etc they can pull out of the .
    Call it what you want its the same thing, its like an illness, different types, all shitty and suck and not very fun to fight against
    Last edited by Dedamn666; 07-10-2011 at 12:47 PM.

  16. #76
    Kombatant popnlocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    el paso
    Age
    28
    Posts
    170
    Twitter
    @@13thpower
    PSN
    popnlocker
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dedamn666 View Post
    no there is little to no difference to it, some pricks come up with a name for it as they have seen its the easiest way to win in projectile based 2D fighters. No one, no one online mindlessly stands there and fires projectiles hoping they hit, no one not even a 6 year old with half a brain. It was called spamming, first, it is and allways will be called spamming, even if some little douche comes up with a name and decided to outline a few of the other tactics used in order to call it zoning. its the same thing fighting keeping distance and using nothing but special moves to win.
    Either way its a game and id like to think the vast majority dont sit there pooring sweat in terror of a spammer/zoners constant unbridled skill of jumping to the other end of the screen, throwing a few projectiles, dash forward, dash back, projectile again, so they loose to the spammer/zoner through chip damage in the end anyway, despite all of the counters, dash blocking etc they can pull out of the .
    Call it what you want its the same thing, its like an illness, different types, all shitty and suck and not very fun to fight against
    This is someone that's been beating by a noob or sub millions of times, zoning is an actual thing, now if u decide to quit playin the people that spam u you would realize your wrong, noob is meant to be played as a zone character. If your stupid enough to get hit by shadow tackles over and over, go play tiger woods golf this isn't your game. Noob johnny cage sub zero just a few that people can zone u with. I hate when people automatacally call ever noob player a spamming don't be mad cause you lose to the very element of this game is based around. Mind games

  17. #77
    Shaolin Monk aedanwolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    the places between
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,123
    PSN
    aether99
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone else done playing online?

    so what getting in range and trying to use your low/overhead combos to hit confirm then dialing in your combo is soooo much more better then having to figure out how to get around noobs running man?

    i dont see much that makes it truly more interesting or skilled, its just a different style of play, i personally enjoy both. ive been complimented on my zoning online as well as had people call me a spammer so idc.

    zoning and spaming are 2 different things, if you dont want to believe that, if you believe with every ounce of your being that its not true, thats fine, ill be content with not arguing with you and your anger fed beliefs. ive explained why its different, as well as others, instead of being angry, quit the game or accept its part of it, and has been a part of every competitive fighter for the past what...10 years?
    Noob: FEAR ME!
    Cyber Sub-Zero: You are not so fearsome
    Noob: /sadface
    PSN network, aether99

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What kind of TV you going to be playing MK on ?
    By Section_25 in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 11:28 AM
  2. Playing Online - Hacking Concern
    By dewey79 in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
  3. anyone still playing MK:D???
    By AK47 in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 05:41 PM
  4. You know you've been playing to much MK:D when...
    By Kobra in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 10-24-2005, 10:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •