Who do you think are the best tag team partners in MK9?

SillentKiller

Who do you think are the best tag team partners in MK9?

My personal opinion has to be Lui Kang and Scorpion!

What are yours?

lol... seems like this thread has turned into more of a troll thread on accident lol. People posting teams for team name lol's.

I use Jade/noob team combo. But I also like Ermac/Sonya. (I don't play sonya, but i play with one.. and they kinda cover eachother's weaknesses.)

Same with Jade/Noob. Jade is also good at carrying people to corners with most of her BnB's which is great because then you can switch to noob and deal gross damage.

lui kang and noob would probably be good for the same reasons.

Rushdown character and jade tend to do well together. Jade can handle Zoner's like subzero(yes even w/o a teleport) and noob well. then the rush down character can handle everything else.

could people go into more depths of why they think a team is Good?

also I don't think tag is explored enough with tag assists. People online tend to just play 2 sessions of 1v1s lol rather than use the tools they got for assists/tag combos.

Sub-Zero and Ermac. I picked both of the characters up individually and loved playing them. Sub-Zero has been my main from the start and Ermac was the next character I tried that really felt comfortable. They're my two strongest characters and my two favorite to play as so it was only logical to try them out as a Tag-Team and it's seemed to work for me.

They both control pace and spacing really well, they can punish mistakes really hard, and the amount of frustration they can inflict upon the other guy is pretty solid which leads to more mistakes to punish. I love feeling like the match is going at my pace. It can be fast and frenetic or a more slow, countering match but if I'm the one who leads the dance, then I feel good about my chances.

I've subbed in Kano for Ermac to some success. I'm not as good with Kano yet, so that's holding me back but the overall philosophy seems sound. Kano can zone with his knives and Kano Ball (of all varieties lol) has some solid mix-ups and can really put some hurt in up-close. He's another guy who can control tempo but he's a slightly more aggressive fighter than Sub-Zero and Ermac and that can be a nice change of pace at times.

Sub-Zero and Ermac. I picked both of the characters up individually and loved playing them. Sub-Zero has been my main from the start and Ermac was the next character I tried that really felt comfortable. They're my two strongest characters and my two favorite to play as so it was only logical to try them out as a Tag-Team and it's seemed to work for me.

They both control pace and spacing really well, they can punish mistakes really hard, and the amount of frustration they can inflict upon the other guy is pretty solid which leads to more mistakes to punish. I love feeling like the match is going at my pace. It can be fast and frenetic or a more slow, countering match but if I'm the one who leads the dance, then I feel good about my chances.

I've subbed in Kano for Ermac to some success. I'm not as good with Kano yet, so that's holding me back but the overall philosophy seems sound. Kano can zone with his knives and Kano Ball (of all varieties lol) has some solid mix-ups and can really put some hurt in up-close. He's another guy who can control tempo but he's a slightly more aggressive fighter than Sub-Zero and Ermac and that can be a nice change of pace at times.

thanks for going into detail lol makes for better conversation.

Do you think Ermac and Subzero is good to have two "zone types" on the same team. I know subzero can be a little rush down ish to some success. Ermac's 3,1,2 loop is pretty good when you land the hit.

But are you sure they are a good "team" or just good because you play those 2 characters and are good with them lol.

It's hard to tell right now if teams are actually good because they work well together and they actually compliment eachother's weaknesses. or just because they are your "2 best characters"

like I can see subzero setting a freeze, and you switch to ermac for bigger damage combos. (didn't he get nerfed on damage?) Ect. Or hey. Remember that subzero unblockable reset? couldn't you freeze, then switch to ermac and unblockable reset with him instead? for GROSS damage?

ANYWAYS. why don't they do 2v2 TEAM side tournaments at these majors?

could people go into more depths of why they think a team is Good?.

No problem. I main Kitana and she can destroy spammers like Scorpion and Smoke. I can zone with her and punish anybody that teleports. Mileena can put the pressure on many opponents and is very unpredictable. With Kitana & Mileena, I'm 105-18 in Ranked Tag and in the top 100 in the leaderboards.

No problem. I main Kitana and she can destroy spammers like Scorpion and Smoke. I can zone with her and punish anybody that teleports. Mileena can put the pressure on many opponents and is very unpredictable. With Kitana & Mileena, I'm 105-18 in Ranked Tag and in the top 100 in the leaderboards.

nice, I know how good mileena can pressure. she is also one of the best conditioners. yea considering kitana has GROSS high % damage combos blocking that teleport punch must be golden lol

WHEN IS NRS GONNA MAKE IT SO US TRMK MEMBERS CAN TEAM TOGETHER ONLINE!

csz and noob mainly because im really good at getting around zoning with csz, he has great midfield bnb, and how im good with noobs zoning and hes got great corner game.

they are opposites, and they work well together imo. i dont do tags much at all tho, maybe someday.

Raiden and Kung Lao, both overpowered. You can also put Johnny Cage in there if you want some extremely overpowered frame advantage and a kick that is nearly impossible to punish on reaction.

thanks for going into detail lol makes for better conversation.

Do you think Ermac and Subzero is good to have two "zone types" on the same team. I know subzero can be a little rush down ish to some success. Ermac's 3,1,2 loop is pretty good when you land the hit.

But are you sure they are a good "team" or just good because you play those 2 characters and are good with them lol.

It's hard to tell right now if teams are actually good because they work well together and they actually compliment eachother's weaknesses. or just because they are your "2 best characters"

like I can see subzero setting a freeze, and you switch to ermac for bigger damage combos. (didn't he get nerfed on damage?) Ect. Or hey. Remember that subzero unblockable reset? couldn't you freeze, then switch to ermac and unblockable reset with him instead? for GROSS damage?

I definitely see what you're saying but I've had some well-rounded successes with this team. I've been able to get up on zoners because Sub-Zero wins most projectile wars and at mid-range Ermac's Force Push can stop them from back dashing and his Force Port can punish a number of projectiles. From full-screen Sub-Zero is a bit weaker but Ermac can use projectiles and Levitation shenanigans to annoy anyone trying to turtle from full-screen. Ermac can live at close-range for short spurts (in my experience) but Sub-Zero can really hold his own. His 2,2 (close) and Ice Clone (mid-range) kill jump-ins, he has some good overheads to hit crouch blockers, he can create space with 2,2,4, Ice Clone, and he has great safe normals. It's not a perfectly balanced match-up but I've found few match-ups I've lost because of the fighters I was facing. I've only lost when I've found myself facing a better player than myself.

I don't do much in the way of intricate tag-ins and such, using special tags and such sparingly. In tag-team matches I tend to fight one character at a time. Sub-Zero leads-off more often than not, followed by Ermac. I've not got a whole helluva lot of online Tag experience, but based on what experience I do have this is what I've seen.

ANYWAYS. why don't they do 2v2 TEAM side tournaments at these majors?

I was thinkin' the same thing, lol. I'd love to see Tag-Team events at major tourneys, it'd be really cool.