Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 121 to 137 of 137

Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

  1. #121
    Kombatant Pakman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England
    Age
    32
    Posts
    126
    PSN
    Pakman-srk
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Quote Originally Posted by AMES32 View Post
    no what i'm done with this conversation i do understand u were saying he had him were he wanted him and the clones were used both to gain meter and control the kang play because kang has better close combat because if kang was to get in close it would be game over for rip.

    smart yes fun no.

    is that what ur saying.
    That's exactly what I am saying

    Once again I apologise if I came across as disrespectful.
    Last edited by Pakman; 06-25-2011 at 06:19 AM.

  2. #122
    Lin Kuei Assassin Eks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,823
    Xbox Live
    eksyte
    PSN
    eksyte
    Thanked: 103
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Quote Originally Posted by theme34xcp View Post
    Dude boX and Pakman, forget it. None of them seem to understand simple logic and reasoning. What needs to be said has been done so repeatedly. Why would a Noob player do something differently to risk him losing when something he already has done has been proven to work? Why try to fix something that isn't broken? Stop with this redundant bull crap.
    Because it's not fun, but more importantly, it DOESN'T work against people that know what they're doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by theme34xcp View Post
    *As for the Kung Lao comment: People can ***** and moan about Kung Lao being cheap because he constantly does his spin, but guess what, it will keep being used if it is in the game and it works. Nothing you say or believe can change that fact. IF IT WORKS, PEOPLE WILL USE IT. Common sense...
    Lao's Spin doesn't have a huge hitbox that goes across the entire screen, it doesn't get launched multiple times in a row without getting punished (since you have to be up close for it to connect) and it opens your opponent up for a combo (unlike the Clone moves). It's hardly comparable.

    And again, it usually DOESN'T work. That's why RIP got canned in the second match. It's a move that scrubby players use because they're lazy and don't want to learn the finer point of this game.
    ďThe problem is that I donít know what I want.
    Itís like pornography or the perfect turd;
    I can't quite describe it, but Iíll know it when I see it.Ē
    Trevor Phillips, GTA V

  3. #123
    Kombatant Pakman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England
    Age
    32
    Posts
    126
    PSN
    Pakman-srk
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eks View Post
    Because it's not fun, but more importantly, it DOESN'T work against people that know what they're doing.
    Lol it does work. RIP vs Hugo match + commentary showed you that!

    And again, it usually DOESN'T work. That's why RIP got canned in the second match. It's a move that scrubby players use because they're lazy and don't want to learn the finer point of this game.
    No, rip got "canned" in the jade match because krazybone outplayed him. Watch the match again, as soon as Jade puts invul on, the clones stop and RIP's Noob is forced to go close for damage.

  4. #124
    Lin Kuei Assassin Eks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,823
    Xbox Live
    eksyte
    PSN
    eksyte
    Thanked: 103
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pakman View Post
    Lol it does work. RIP vs Hugo match + commentary showed you that!

    No, rip got "canned" in the jade match because krazybone outplayed him. Watch the match again, as soon as Jade puts invul on, the clones stop and RIP's Noob is forced to go close for damage.
    As soon as RIP couldn't spam his Clones for easy chip damage, he lost, and that's what I meant.

    I also like how you're acting like you're respectful in one post and then a complete troll in the next.
    ďThe problem is that I donít know what I want.
    Itís like pornography or the perfect turd;
    I can't quite describe it, but Iíll know it when I see it.Ē
    Trevor Phillips, GTA V

  5. #125
    BANALITY theme34xcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eks View Post
    Because it's not fun, but more importantly, it DOESN'T work against people that know what they're doing.
    Exactly. Hugo obviously didnt know what he was doing, so why not just do something to shut him down completely and effectively? RIP vs Krazy, Krazy seriously outplayed him, so therefore, RIP lost. He couldnt adapt, and thats entirely his fault, no one elses. Hugo didnt know what he was doing. Krazy did. Thats the difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eks View Post
    Lao's Spin doesn't have a huge hitbox that goes across the entire screen, it doesn't get launched multiple times in a row without getting punished (since you have to be up close for it to connect) and it opens your opponent up for a combo (unlike the Clone moves). It's hardly comparable.
    I used that as an example as logic, since he brought it up. The logic still applies. If it works, people will use it. Just like the Clone projectile, if it works, youd better be prepared to see a shit ton being sent to you. Why the hell would RIP change his tactic if hes winning? Hes playing for money, so who the hell cares if its boring? As long as he wins, its perfectly acceptable, nothing you say can change that. If its in the game, its viable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eks View Post
    And again, it usually DOESN'T work. That's why RIP got canned in the second match. It's a move that scrubby players use because they're lazy and don't want to learn the finer point of this game.
    It worked against Hugo during that match, and that is enough for him. Watch the match against krazy, after he started doing the invulnerability move, he stopped using clones almost altogether. You need to learn to adapt to play a fighting game this diverse. Comboing and being aggressive in EVERY match makes you a dumb player. You need to learn to adapt according to how your opponent play style is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eks View Post
    As soon as RIP couldn't spam his Clones for easy chip damage, he lost, and that's what I meant.
    No, the second game against krazy is RIP's fault. He couldn't adapt to this new tactic used by krazy and thus he lost. Same deal goes with Hugo's Liu Kang vs RIP's Noobie. Hugo couldn't adapt, so he lost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eks View Post
    I also like how you're acting like you're respectful in one post and then a complete troll in the next.
    What the hell are you talking about? Pakman has been respectful and calm this whole time... Seriously?

  6. #126
    Lin Kuei Assassin Eks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,823
    Xbox Live
    eksyte
    PSN
    eksyte
    Thanked: 103
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Quote Originally Posted by theme34xcp View Post
    Exactly. Hugo obviously didnt know what he was doing, so why not just do something to shut him down completely and effectively? RIP vs Krazy, Krazy seriously outplayed him, so therefore, RIP lost. He couldnt adapt, and thats entirely his fault, no one elses. Hugo didnt know what he was doing. Krazy did. Thats the difference.
    It really didn't look like Kayzie knew how to play with Jade very well. He was dropping combos the whole match and was obviously just trying to out-spam RIP by combining the Boomerang and Invincibility moves to hit him while avoiding the Clones. Yeah, Hugo didn't know how to handle the Clones with Liu, but Krayzie beating RIP makes it pretty obvious that RIP's a scrub.

    Quote Originally Posted by theme34xcp View Post
    I used that as an example as logic, since he brought it up. The logic still applies. If it works, people will use it. Just like the Clone projectile, if it works, youd better be prepared to see a shit ton being sent to you. Why the hell would RIP change his tactic if hes winning? Hes playing for money, so who the hell cares if its boring? As long as he wins, its perfectly acceptable, nothing you say can change that. If its in the game, its viable.

    It worked against Hugo during that match, and that is enough for him. Watch the match against krazy, after he started doing the invulnerability move, he stopped using clones almost altogether. You need to learn to adapt to play a fighting game this diverse. Comboing and being aggressive in EVERY match makes you a dumb player. You need to learn to adapt according to how your opponent play style is.
    One moment you're saying he was playing for money and the next you say one win was enough for him. Something doesn't smell right here...

    Quote Originally Posted by theme34xcp View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Pakman has been respectful and calm this whole time... Seriously?
    Calm? Sure. But posting obviously flawed arguments is trolling.
    ďThe problem is that I donít know what I want.
    Itís like pornography or the perfect turd;
    I can't quite describe it, but Iíll know it when I see it.Ē
    Trevor Phillips, GTA V

  7. #127
    Kombatant Pakman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England
    Age
    32
    Posts
    126
    PSN
    Pakman-srk
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eks View Post
    ...Calm? Sure. But posting obviously flawed arguments is trolling.
    You're hilarious.

  8. #128
    BANALITY theme34xcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eks View Post
    It really didn't look like Kayzie knew how to play with Jade very well. He was dropping combos the whole match and was obviously just trying to out-spam RIP by combining the Boomerang and Invincibility moves to hit him while avoiding the Clones. Yeah, Hugo didn't know how to handle the Clones with Liu, but Krayzie beating RIP makes it pretty obvious that RIP's a scrub.
    I never said that RIP was good. I said he was doing what he had to do to win that match, and that being spamming the cloning move. That enabled him to win, therefore, theres no reason why he shouldnt do it. Your logic is he shouldn't do it because 'its boring'? Who cares?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eks View Post
    One moment you're saying he was playing for money and the next you say one win was enough for him. Something doesn't smell right here...
    Obviously, there are more important things on the line, therefore he should do whatever it takes to win. Hes in a tournament after all, and winning should be a given objective. I also never said 'one win was enough for him'. I said that enabled him to win that match, so thats perfectly acceptable. He couldn't adapt, thats his downfall, but he still took a win with his own strategy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eks View Post
    Calm? Sure. But posting obviously flawed arguments is trolling.
    Flawed arguments? You dont make any sense. We're discussing how its logical and reasoning behind his matches and how he reacted and why. How is that a flawed argument, when the best you can come up with is "Because its cheap / Because its not fun"? Now -your- the one trolling.

  9. #129
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    You guys claiming that your noob saibot is better... Please go to a tournament... PLEASE. If it's your first tournament I promise you are going to lose to these guys in bracket HARD. There is so much in a video of watching two players fight you don't see. So much going through their minds you don't know. Again I've played for StarCraft and SSBM. My first tournament for both games I got handled. And I watched pro games before hand thinking I could take them. Learned first hand I wasn't even close. Unless you're placing high in major tournaments yourself, The players you watch as a spectator will look less skilled than they really are.

    For example, this is a super crap example but it's the one I remember most from memory.

    You saw kitana whiff like 7 nuetral jump punches and it looked almost random. It wasn't random. That kitana player was thinking a couple steps ahead. She expected the opponent to do a cross over jump after those strings and nuetral jump punch RAPES that hard. And it wasn't a horrible idea to go for that. Because, cross over jumps are common when applying pressure. But to a person who doesn't know the reasoning behind using that move might be like "lol this kitana sucks he throws out random nuetral jump punches"

    Please I invite you to go to these offline tournaments. Show me your rush down noob saibot that doesn't use many clones at all can get you far into bracket.

    For the record My first starcraft tournament was in Korea(I happened to be korean so don't think I flew there just for SC lol). And I lost to a 13 year old girl >.>.

    EDIT: btw I mean a major tournament...
    not your local tournament lol.
    Last edited by Critical-Limit; 06-25-2011 at 02:37 PM.

  10. #130
    BANALITY theme34xcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Exactly what Critical Limit said. I've watched so many games with pros for Starcraft, thinking I can take them. I wasn't in a tournament or anything, just watching my friends play. I get my ass handed to me 2-14 games. Theres always a reason for anything that people do. Dont just assume they are a jackass or a noob.

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical-Limit View Post
    For the record My first starcraft tournament was in Korea(I happened to be korean so don't think I flew there just for SC lol). And I lost to a 13 year old girl >.>.

    EDIT: btw I mean a major tournament...
    not your local tournament lol.
    SC2? Or BroodWar? I played both, but now Im hardly into SC2 anymore. I mainly play USM's like Battlecraft now lol. I hAvent touched melee in months since the first few patches. I was 40ish diamond before I stopped, that was before the introduction of Master/Grandmaster leagues.

    Whats your Character name and Character number?

    Mines
    Chris. (I forgot about my number, ill check it out soon.) Btw I can attest. Korean SC players learn SC hotkeys before they learn to walk lmfao.

  11. #131
    God of War Fanboy AMES32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rome
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,754
    Twitter
    @_Ames32_
    PSN
    Ames32
    Steam
    ames32
    Thanked: 177
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    limit has a point knowing what the person is thinking is impossible to know just by watching a video on youtube.

    i my self have been to local small tournaments nothing with thousands of dollars up for grabs but i have won a wii next year i will try to go to evo so we'll see how well i do then.

    but i understand what ur saying limit i cant perform well when i'm put on the spot so i tend to play differentially then i would normally.

    i'm starting to see were i misunderstood pakman.

    that aside i would listen to limit if no one else Eks.
    Last edited by AMES32; 06-25-2011 at 04:05 PM.

  12. #132
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Quote Originally Posted by theme34xcp View Post
    Exactly what Critical Limit said. I've watched so many games with pros for Starcraft, thinking I can take them. I wasn't in a tournament or anything, just watching my friends play. I get my ass handed to me 2-14 games. Theres always a reason for anything that people do. Dont just assume they are a jackass or a noob.



    SC2? Or BroodWar? I played both, but now Im hardly into SC2 anymore. I mainly play USM's like Battlecraft now lol. I hAvent touched melee in months since the first few patches. I was 40ish diamond before I stopped, that was before the introduction of Master/Grandmaster leagues.

    Whats your Character name and Character number?

    Mines
    Chris. (I forgot about my number, ill check it out soon.) Btw I can attest. Korean SC players learn SC hotkeys before they learn to walk lmfao.
    It was brood war. I told the girl Good job, I didn't get rolled by her, but the fact I lost to someone 3 years younger than me at the time (I was 16 when this happened.) and the fact she was a girl told me "yo man you aint that good yet lol"

    My name is Snafu.141 (might be 414) I hardly play ranked matches I usually play with my group of friends in 1v1. So my league is VERY decieving. I'm in platinum because i hadn't played a game in like months. So I was stagnat. I played like 17 matches recently and only loss 4. And the system is designed to keep you 1-1. So it obviously means i'm higher than platinum. lol.

  13. #133
    Kombatant Sync25's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    135
    Xbox Live
    DJ Synk
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Please I invite you to go to these offline tournaments. Show me your rush down noob saibot that doesn't use many clones at all can get you far into bracket.
    I said my rushdown Noob is good, not perfected. I will probably get owned in major tournaments, as I never joined one. If you can get me a ticket to one, I'll go and try him.
    If not, whenever I get enough money, I'll use of my mains (CSZ, Sonya, Reptile).
    "死ねえ....兄さん!!!" -All you need to know 'bout Jin.

  14. #134
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sync25 View Post
    I said my rushdown Noob is good, not perfected. I will probably get owned in major tournaments, as I never joined one. If you can get me a ticket to one, I'll go and try him.
    If not, whenever I get enough money, I'll use of my mains (CSZ, Sonya, Reptile).
    ahaha, no hard feelings it wasn't DIRECTLY at you. I was just making a point that saying that playing a rush down noob in major tournament is impractical. I'm not saying someone might figure out some frame traps and good games up close could change his meta-game. but with the knowledge we have now. of Noob's weaknesses and strengths. It's best to play him this way.

    best way to save for a tournament is just to throw 5 bucks of your week's pay into a box. 20 bucks a month. after a year or a little more. you should have enough for a plane ticket.

    Yo dude you live in boston MA? you're pretty close to tristate. Big tournaments could happen within a reasonable 1 tank of gas round trip from you.

  15. #135
    Elder God Shirayuki Mizore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,992
    Thanked: 945
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    RIP is just bursting with skill lol I still find this match hilarious

  16. #136
    New Kombatant Relentlezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    29
    Twitter
    @RelentlezzDre
    Xbox Live
    RELENTLEZZDRE
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    i watched it. i couldnt keep from laughing but i guess he was doing what he had to do to win, thats the object of the game right?

  17. #137
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Relentlezz View Post
    i watched it. i couldnt keep from laughing but i guess he was doing what he had to do to win, thats the object of the game right?
    In Tournament yes.

    Outside of tournament you should play to learn.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mortal Kombat Ladies vs Street Fighter Ladies!
    By MileenaK in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 06:19 PM
  2. Alternate Costumes for Ladies
    By Shalashaska in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 07:14 AM
  3. Six Mortal Kombat 9 Ladies
    By MileenaK in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 12:39 AM
  4. DRAGONS were a myth, right? Don't be so sure ...
    By Bozz18 in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 12:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •