July DLC announced

StumpyMcMuffin

Rain
Kenshi
Klassic Smoke and Klassic Noob

Posted on MKO by EdajResu.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but there is an interactive ad on the Xbox dashboard promoting the Mortal Kombat DLC for July and it shows a render of Rain and Kenshi stating both will be released during July and the Klassic skins that are bundled with him as Klassic Smoke and Klassic Noob..
Rain looks to be wearing an outfit based around his UMK and traditional ninja concept mask included his short bio reads . Kenshi also has a short description.

Rain: Once a member of the Resistence (that's how it's spelled), he betrayed his fellows for the power offered by Emperor Shao Kahn.

Kenshi: Blinded by Shang Tsung, this swordsman follows the call of the blade Sento.

There was no mention as to who the 4th DLC character is only that it is due in August

img20110621060511.jpg

img20110621060533.jpg

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=139509

So instead of being smuggled by Shao Kahn's armies as a boy and forced to be a servant of Shao Kahn, Rain was actually a member of the Edenian Resistance who betrayed his homeland under the promise of power by Shao Kahn. That's awesome, and I wonder what they meant by power; did he mean the enhancement of his own fighting powers or maybe becoming a possible heir to his throne?

You would think with all the ppl they have working at NRS we would get more than this for DLC. I mean 4 kharacters and 8 skins in 4 months is far from being very aggressive with DLC. They need to throw in some fatality packs during that time, then that would be being aggressive with DLC

You would think with all the ppl they have working at NRS we would get more than this for DLC. I mean 4 kharacters and 8 skins in 4 months is far from being very aggressive with DLC. They need to throw in some fatality packs during that time, then that would be being aggressive with DLC

Wow some people are really ungrateful...

Street Fighter IV - I had to wait a year for new characters... but not as DLC... I had to buy a new game called Super Street Fighter IV... then a year later 4 more characters are released with balance adjustments in SSFIV: AE...

^Same can be said for Blazblue & Tekken 6.

Mortal Kombat just came out and within two months we've gotten patches, DLC characters, and FREE costume packs... yet there's still someone complaining... SMH.

Y... They need to throw in some fatality packs ... DLC

I agree 1,000 %!!! I want Kitana's 'Kiss of Death', Ermac's 'Telekinetic Slam', Sektor's 'Compactor', Cyrax's 'Self Destruct', Sonya's 'Flaming Kiss', Shang Tsung's 'Soul Steal' & 'Bed of Nails', and Sindel's 'Skinning Scream'.

Wow some people are really ungrateful...

Street Fighter IV - I had to wait a year for new characters... but not as DLC... I had to buy a new game called Super Street Fighter IV... then a year later 4 more characters are released with balance adjustments in SSFIV: AE...

^Same can be said for Blazblue & Tekken 6.

Mortal Kombat just came out and within two months we've gotten patches, DLC characters, and FREE costume packs... yet there's still someone complaining... SMH.

^ I agree with you man. Ungrateful bastards is all they are. TBH, we all should be extremely grateful for how quickly they're putting out DLC. 4 characters 4 months, plus costumes (which some were free) come on, that's unheard of for a game now-a-days, let alone a fighting game. Enjoy what you have now, and Boon will keep delivering. Besides, I feel Boon and NRS will respond better to positive reviews more than negative complaining demands. NRS also seems like the type of studio to hold out because ppl are whinning.

I thought the original noob was pure black, just a shadow really. Now he's got a pallette swap of the retro outfits..?

I agree 1,000 %!!! I want Kitana's 'Kiss of Death', Ermac's 'Telekinetic Slam', Sektor's 'Compactor', Cyrax's 'Self Destruct', Sonya's 'Flaming Kiss', Shang Tsung's 'Soul Steal' & 'Bed of Nails', and Sindel's 'Skinning Scream'.

I said this before.

If someone gets the Kiss fatality is Kitana, because the modern Sonya has no powers, seh uses her military training, acrobatic habilities, and tenchnology for her projectile, she is just a normal human she cant kill someone with a kiss, but Kitana... Edenians have infinite habilities, Tanya maniupaltes fire, Rain manipulates water, Jade can become intangible, etc.

How can people complain? 4 characters in two months, loads of classic costumes, some of which are free. I thought I'd have to wait until December to see Rain, so waiting just a few more weeks for a remastered Rain is good by me. Seeing how well Skarlet was done (Yes, even the blood ball), and how they even took the time to make the differences to Smoke and Noob's retro costumes so they match the game they first appeared is incredible.

YES! A PICTURE OF KENSHI AND RAIN! YES YES YES YES YES.

Rain looks like a really fast ninja, and I like how he was part of the Resistance. I don't know if I like Rain's new story or his old one better.

Kenshi looks much better, especially how they fixed his hair. He looks updated from the old model we saw, so that's a good thing. I also like that his sword has a name, anyone know what the sword's name means?

I am so exxcited right now!

place your bets ! what comes first ? online being fixed or 4 dlc characters released ?

i wager online will still be fkd up but all 4 DLC characters will be out

Cool, but rains looks a little "No Inspiration" outfit.
I see fan arts with 10000 more cool Rain outfits.