Underrated Games

Tony hawk underground 2. most people seem to think that the original underground was last great tony hawk game but imo underground 2 was. awsome cast of characters, kick ass create a skater mode, cool story, etc.

Tony hawk underground 2. most people seem to think that the original underground was last great tony hawk game but imo underground 2 was. awsome cast of characters, kick ass create a skater mode, cool story, etc.

I second that; Underground 2 was awesome; I liked American Wasteland too.

Another underrated game I just thought of was Second Sight:

Second_Sight.jpg

It came out around the same time as Psy Ops and both had similar gameplay concepts, but Psy Ops had the better marketing so most people didn't hear much about it. Its a pretty fun game and the story was awesome.

Dark Sector IMO one of the best 3d person shooters so far, especially the online Infected mode. Where one started as the mutated dude with the invisibility, shield, glaive that you could control after being thrown like the batarang in Arkham Asylum so you could fly it through fire or ice to let it explode into groups of hunters. Very gory and satisfying game 10/10 for singleplayer 11/10 online :)

Fable 2
Fable 3

Those two games are one of the main reasons why I want to get a 360 along with my PS3. I played Fable 1 and The Lost Chapters expansion and they both were awesome; great story, sense of humor, and the leveling system made it one of my favorite games on my Xbox.

F-ZERO GX
greatest racing game of all time IMO

great characters, kickass Metal/Techno soundrack, and insane huge tracks. And the most frustrating and challenging story mode I've played in a long time,all rewarding in the end though. Every thing just seems so insanley fast and dangerous.

F-Zero%20GX%20DUTCH%20PAL%20COVER.jpg

FINAL DOOM. most shooters on pc bye that time were more about quake and duke nukem and a few others. in my opinion final doom is the best of the old dooms and is one of my favorite games ever.

NINJA WARRIORS (snes). if you haven't played ninja warriors you are missing out on a classic. its about 3 ninja robots that kick alot of ass. but i dont know many people that have even heard of it.

Sid Meier's Pirates!

It's not necessarily underrated; everyone who has played it agrees it's awesome; but it doesn't get much exposure. I bet I'm one of few on this site that have played it.

I still got shinobi. My cousin was nice enough to donate his sega master system to me when I was 4.
they need to bring the series back so ninja gaiden can have a rival

For clarification, I meant the the PS2 game in particular, as the games before it more were quite popular at their time. It has a different look and feel to than the games before it; a 3D game with more emphasis on close-range combat. The game encourages players to work fast since killing enemies will temporary power up your sword (enough to kill bosses in one hit at its peak), while letting time pass without killing will eat your life away. I'm not familiar with Ninja Gaiden, so I can't make a comparison.

Sid Meier's Pirates!

It's not necessarily underrated; everyone who has played it agrees it's awesome; but it doesn't get much exposure. I bet I'm one of few on this site that have played it.
Used to play it a lot on my older brother's Amiga as a kid.
I like the newer remake a lot as well.

Used to play it a lot on my older brother's Amiga as a kid.
I like the newer remake a lot as well.

Have you played the Wii version? I'm fixing to get it and I'm kind of wondering what people who played the original as I did think of it.

Have you played the Wii version? I'm fixing to get it and I'm kind of wondering what people who played the original as I did think of it.
Oh damn! Didn't know that there's another Pirates game since 2004! So no, haven't played the Wii version. Now I want to try it out too, but I don't have a Wii. :(

Edit: I just read in a forum discussion that the Wii version doesn't have the land battle minigame, I wonder if that's true?
One of the best parts in the game.

Last edited:
F Zero X was better i think.
Ogre Battle 64
Flying Dragon
Hybrid Heaven
Star Wars pod racer
Killer Instinct Gold
Thank god i gotta 64 GET N OR GET OUT

F Zero X was better i think.
Ogre Battle 64
Flying Dragon
Hybrid Heaven
Star Wars pod racer
Killer Instinct Gold
Thank god i gotta 64 GET N OR GET OUT

star wars pod racer always reminded me of F Zero x in a way

and speaking of Star Wars games, Shadows of the Empire on n64 is one of my all time favorite games. It scared the crap out of me, and was really hard at some parts. Boba Fett's level takes forever to get through, and fighting him at the end is a pain in the ass. The train level where you fight Ig88 is an awesome level too.