4th DLC Character Discussion: Freddy Krueger~ ALL FREDDY DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Are you getting Freddy Krueger?

• Total voters
I honestly believe anyone would have been a better choice. Sigh, I don't see the point in Freddy. Money? I guess.

no, Freddy is dumb, but it could have been alot worse. Master Chief is the worst character that could have ever been added, I will stand by this statement forever

Won't be downloading the compatibility pack.
Now I'm actually glad the comp packs aren't compulsory, I have all three characters so far but Freddy put things in perspective.
I have nothing against Freddy otherwise, I just want to have a pure MK experience. (Xbox user)

lol, suddenly Rain is not more the "subject of the week" and Freddy's discussion is blowing out of proportion, lots of mixed emotions , specially hatred for him, NRS and Ed Boon !! lmao !!

Anyway, maybe NRS is trying to build a new tradition inside MK universe, the same way they did with Friendships and Babalities : having guests characters that , somehow, can act violently inside the game, and , have some fan base coming from diferent franchises.

Master Chief is the worst character that could have ever been added, I will stand by this statement forever

I can agree with the bit about Master Chief. That would just be bumblingly stupid and a true sell-out, and I like Halo.

Now, Fulgore is a guest character I can get behind.

I can agree with the bit about Master Chief. That would just be bumblingly stupid and a true sell-out, and I like Halo.

Now, Fulgore is a guest character I can get behind.

hell yeah, fulgore all the way. but he's always reminded me of sektor in a way. oh well, more badass robots

Re: The F*ck Freddy Boycott.

LOL, what is so funny? Please, don't laugh that way. People will start thinking we invade games and throw up that classic line "EUAHUEHUAHEUAHEUAHEUH GIBE MONI PLIS". Brasil is much more than trees, people.

ON TOPIC: Only 1 skin? Hell I'm thinking about quitting MK...

It's because drapture17 said unmasked sub-zero skin would make people happier, while most sub-zero fans hate him unmasked xD

And after Freddy, I'm laughing easily for anything xD

Anyway, I think the guy only confirmed 1 skin. The other one he didn't notice yet.

hell yeah, fulgore all the way. but he's always reminded me of sektor in a way. oh well, more badass robots

I can see the resemblance, they've both got kind of a Predator thing going on, with the helmet designs and faux-hair. Fulgore has those wrist blades too.

lol, suddenly Rain is not more the "subject of the week" and Freddy's discussion is blowing out of proportion, lots of mixed emotions , specially hatred for him, NRS and Ed Boon !! lmao !!

Anyway, maybe NRS is trying to build a new tradition inside MK universe, the same way they did with Friendships and Babalities : having guests characters that , somehow, can act violently inside the game, and , have some fan base coming from diferent franchises.

least the friendships and babalities is an original idea, seems its becoming more rare to find a fighting game out there that doesn't have a guest character.

least the friendships and babalities is an original idea, seems its becoming more rare to find a fighting game out there that doesn't have a guest character.

maybe is a new pattern that games developers are looking for to follow ..... a market tendency, perhaps.

Said this in another thread but, for those who did not see it (it is now closed), do NOT make any more Freddy related threads. Keep ALL Freddy related discussion in this thread.

Also, STOP putting offensive comments in people's rep. Anyone who does so will get an infraction.

People are free to share their opinions and you are free to disagree with them but don't go flaming in neg comments.

~Thank you, especially to all the people who managed to still be a mature adult throughout the 4th character revelation.

I am a big Freddy fan but I don't agree with him being in the game. MK9 seems like such a joke now, imo. I was hoping they would reveal an MK character.....

EDIT: **** it, saw his gameplay, LOOKS AWESOME.

Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed, I was hoping that it would be a brand new character (ninja), but I'm not going to lose sleep over this, it could have been worse, I'll download him for sure, play with him for a few days and then use him as a training dummy.

I'm not against the idea of having Fulgore as the 360's exclusive, Rare is owned by Microsoft and Midway used to make the arcade cabinets for KI.

Re: 4th DLC Character Discussion~ All posts related to it go here.

cyrax is very similar to predator i thinks xD

Yeah they're in fact slightly based on the predator masks look and awesome sig lol'd at that one but I'm a bit dissapointed that it's not Robert Englund though but still love the character hehe.

I can't help but wonder about the ability of many members of this forum to function in normal society. Some of the reactions to this news have been borderline psychotic (for and against).

If you are one of the people who feels they have a VERY strong opinion on this and are feeling large levels of anger (either over the news itself or other peoples opinion of the news), then I would suggest a long course of relaxation therapy and maybe another gentle hobby like flower-arranging or knitting (soft wooden needles only is advisable).

I can't help but wonder about the ability of many members of this forum to function in normal society. Some of the reactions to this news have been borderline psychotic (for and against).

If you are one of the people who feels they have a VERY strong opinion on this and are feeling large levels of anger (either over the news itself or other peoples opinion of the news), then I would suggest a long course of relaxation therapy and maybe another gentle hobby like flower-arranging or knitting (soft wooden needles only is advisable).

Sounds good though :)