Kenshi Thread - "Seeing Without Sight"

I kinda dont like Kenshi =\ and im hessitant to buy him if its just gonna be like skarlet again where the compatability pack is optional and i couldn't use her for half of my games

I love Kenshi but I am still worried about all the little things, like what went wrong with Kenshi. However, I'm really hoping NRS has used Skarlet as a learning opportunity and will iron out all those mistakes they made the first time. I do so love Kenshi so I'm willing to hold out hope.

OP, great thread, just wanted to let you know that it's July 5th for a release date, not June 5th. Just in case people get confused lol.

ok so

a) Kenshi looks great
b) he doesn't remind me of Ermac at all, idk about the rest of you :p I like that.. ghost-like blue thing going on a lot
c) glad he has sword attacks too

now on the downside..

a) if that's his intro, then it's the second character that enters without some kind of line. if Rain has no line as he enters the fight I'll be pissed. a LOT.
b) any idea if the DLC characters will be getting alt looks? skarlet lost hers for some reason, will the same happen to kenshi, rain and ??? ? any idea?

overall, can't wait to get my hands on him too, always thought he had potential but his trailer made me really excited

People complain about the compatibility pack, but isn't that bad. At first most people didn't buy it but in the last days in 90% of my games I can use Skarlet. I guess the same thing will happen with Kenshi, but faster because he's more popular and most people know what the packs really are. And I guess it'll take just a few days for Rain to be playable in every online game.

People complain about the compatibility pack, but isn't that bad. At first most people didn't buy it but in the last days in 90% of my games I can use Skarlet. I guess the same thing will happen with Kenshi, but faster because he's more popular and most people know what the packs really are. And I guess it'll take just a few days for Rain to be playable in every online game.

I know nothing about Rain. Would you (or anyone) inform me what Rain does concerning his specials and why everyone is so excited for him?

PRE-RELEASE KENSHI INFORMATION

Hey everyone! So before we are finally able to fully unravel and read Kenshi as a viable main on July 5th, I'd like to go ahead and update this post with some pre-release knowledge that we have garnered

MOST INFORMATION COMES FROM THE KENSHI TRAILER, WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE

-Kenshi's first shown Special Attack seems to be an upward launching slash. This is *speculation*, as the the upward slash could also be a combo-ender. It is also worth noting that the slash seems to be done via a telekinetic manifestation of both him and his sword.

-The second Special Attack we can see involves Kenshi sending out a telekinetically-manifested apparition of himself which then performs a combo of sorts. The Enhanced Version's combo seems to be longer, more damaging, pushes the enemy farther away, and knocks the opponent down.

-Next in the video, we are treated to Kenshi's Win Pose, which involves him using telekinesis to revolve his sword in a circle once, then stick the sword into the ground. A cyan aura surrounds all of Kenshi's telekinetic abilities.

-In the following sequence of the clip, Kenshi is seen battling Shang Tsung. We get a chance to see a new Special Attack, however in a different sense. We only see the Enhanced Version, which involves Kenshi telekinetically slashing the enemy with his sword causing a groundbounce. The second part of the attack (possibly which is what makes it Enhanced) causes a smaller, telekinetic upward slash that sends the opponent flying.

-Continuing on, the next Special Attack we see is basically a telekinetic shoulder rush, a la Nightwolf's Shoulder Rush. This can apparently be comboed into after a jumping punch.

-Following the Shoulder Rush, we see what is either another Special Attack, or Kenshi's Backwards Grapple. Using telekinetic powers, Kenshi sends Shang Tsung flying to the other side of the screen. The reason we don't know if it's a Special Attack or Grapple is because Kenshi performs the attack at point blank range.

-We get to see Kenshi's first Fatality in the first clip. He first pulls Johnny Cage a little closer to him (this may indicate the range needed for the Fatality motion to be either Touching or Sweep distance, but definitely not Far or Fullscreen). Next, Kenshi sends his blade flying to the other side of the screen which is then stuck into the ground. Finally, Kenshi sends Johnny Cage's body, headfirst, flying towards the grounded blade. The scene is then cut off

-Following the next clip, we see another Special Move. Shang Tsung attempts to send a Flaming Skull at Kenshi, who then uses his blade to send the Skull flying back to Shang Tsung. This works almost exactly akin to Nightwolf's Reflector.

-In the next scene, we get to see a sneak peek of Kenshi's second Fatality. He is seen telekinetically slamming Johnny Cage's face into the screen of the "camera", resulting in cracks and blood smears on the screen of the player(s). The final smash into the "camera" is the most violent, and then the scene cuts off

-In the next scene, it is confirmed that the push we previously thought to be either a Grapple or a Special Attack that it is infact a GRAPPLE.

-Next scene we are shown more footage of the Upward TK Slash Special Attack, which is infact confirmed in this clip to be a standalone Special Attack, and not just a combo ender.

-Skipping a few scenes, we get to see a sneak peek of Kenshi's X-Ray Attack. It IS a projectile, in which Kenshi throws his sword from full screen distance. The blade connects, landing in Sonya Blade's stomach. Kenshi uses telekinesis to teleport directly infront of Sonya. He then removes the sword, and smashes her forehead with the butt of his sword, cracking her entire skull and dental set. The entire video then ends, and information about Kenshi's release date is then shown.

I edited the date for you, you had June 5th when it should be July 5th =)

I know nothing about Rain. Would you (or anyone) inform me what Rain does concerning his specials and why everyone is so excited for him?

He is the only MK 1-3 era chqracter to have been excluded from this game. He controls water and thunder. ( Rain :p ) Trust me, he's gonna get A LOT of sales.

If you want more rich and accurate info go see Fox17's thread, it should be pretty close to this one.

Basically, Rain is a traitorous Edenian Prince who sold out his country for power and allegiance to Shao Kahn. He utilizes the power of water in many different ways throughout his history in the games

-He could hit you with a water bubble, and then control the direction in which your body moved
-He could dash forward in a jet of water, slam kicking you in the chest
-He could teleport in a puddle of water and reappear on your other side
-He should shoot powerful jets of water at you, damaging you

Among many other things. Rain's story was never truly fleshed out, and people are excited to see him come back, and exactly how he'll work in the MK9 system.

Basically, Rain is a traitorous Edenian Prince who sold out his country for power and allegiance to Shao Kahn. He utilizes the power of water in many different ways throughout his history in the games

-He could hit you with a water bubble, and then control the direction in which your body moved
-He could dash forward in a jet of water, slam kicking you in the chest
-He could teleport in a puddle of water and reappear on your other side
-He should shoot powerful jets of water at you, damaging you

Among many other things. Rain's story was never truly fleshed out, and people are excited to see him come back, and exactly how he'll work in the MK9 system.

And dont forget the lightning!

He has a lightning attack.

Here is my Rain thread (it will be the gameplay guide when he is out), it has info about his bios, storyline and past game special attacks and pics.
Rain thread, click here.

Guys, I found this. I don't know if it's legit, though. Sorry if it's already posted somewhere else.
screenshot20110628at139.png

I kinda dont like Kenshi =\ and im hessitant to buy him if its just gonna be like skarlet again where the compatability pack is optional and i couldn't use her for half of my games

"We are many you are but one"

LMAO!

I never liked kenshi personally. Blind whiteboy samurai with clark kent haircut and a outfit that looks like it belongs in xmen. The scarf seems pointless if he is infact blind and why does he have telekenesis?
That all said he looks pretty stylish in his attacks in the trailer

I think Kenshi's power come from the use of his ancestors' spirit, thus you seeing apparitions attacking the opponent you use Kenshi's telekinetic specials. As long as he has his blade in possession, the spirits will be unleashed upon his foes.

His telekinesis comes from his blindness and training that's what I think, his ancestors has nothing to do since they were absorbed by Shang Tsung.

Kenshi already had latent telekinetic powers within him. However when he got blinded he started mastering his other senses and thus discovered this power allowing him to 'see' in a spiritual way. The sword of his ancestors also guided him to nurture this ability and master his other senses in the 10 long years of training he had undergone before joining Mk and searching for Shang Tsung. In the original storyline, Kenshi helped save Ermac, in return for which, Ermac futher helped him develop his telekinetic powers. This is how the story goes.=D

Glad to see that they got another vignette about another character out.
His grunts sound like he's blind and deaf, like he can't speak lol. Go to 0:48

lol no, it seems because is in slow motion.
In the gameplay trailer when he does that same move (enhanced tele fury) he says something like "Tada!" lol