People with amazing Win/loss ratio's that hang out in the Beginner Room.

Suffix

I can't believe theres people like this.

Buddy of mine just started the game so he's usually in there. He was telling me that he's being challenged by people who have 500+ wins. So i go in there to check it out and lo and behold there are tons of people with amazing win/loss ratios in there. I'm not a great player, i'd consider myself decent but i challenged a guy with about 300 wins and 100 losses and beat him fairly easily.

I guess some people never want a challenge and prey on the new players....

Buddy of mine just started the game so he's usually in there. He was telling me that he's being challenged by people who have 500+ wins. So i go in there to check it out and lo and behold there are tons of people with amazing win/loss ratios in there. I'm not a great player, i'd consider myself decent but i challenged a guy with about 300 wins and 100 losses and beat him fairly easily.

I guess some people never want a challenge and prey on the new players....

People like this in all types of games, its no suprise really, people would rather stroke their own frail little ego's then play for a challenge.

yep, happens frequently .... people that want to protect their fake W/L positive ratio, using any means necessary, and, this way, entering in Begginers room and putting 10 win in a row against each newbie there .....

Pathetic sad, isn't ?

XD XD

What the hell kind of person has that record and then gets his ass kicked to him like that? :laugh:

Anyway, I FINALLY been able to connect to matches online, and I've laso encountered people like that. One person's record would be something like 112-48, and another's would be 275-67. Pretty pathetic if you ask me...

Some people want to sop up as many wins to look "good" to people as they can, so they attack new players. It's sad as those new players are dissuaded from playing the game online at all when they walk into a landmine like it can be for them. :/

When I was just starting that was happening to me. All these a-holes with huge win/loss records challenging me. But little did they know that I've been playing and perfecting my Mileena (at the time) offline. I like to get to know my character b4 going online. I was handing a**whopins left and right lol

Serves them all right!

I've seen people with 800/200 and challenged them, or sometimes they challenge me. Most of those palyers are Raiden spammers.
*nods head*

To me, there records aren't all that great because the players themselves are not all that great. I've seen people with records like 300-60 but they play like total scrubs. It's because they spend all day challenging newbies to matches that they know they are going to win, beat them 10 times in a row, and keep amassing these insane records like they actually matter to some people.

Don't be intimidated. Call them on their ********. Unless they're top 100 players, I wouldn't fret too much.

I fought somebody earlier today he had a little over 1300 wins and 300 losses. At first i was like oh this dude is gonna whoop me, turns out he wasnt that good. I beat him pretty easily. But yeah it sucks that there's people out there.

i sometimes enter the beginner room when i try out a new character i'm inexperienced with or when i let friends play at my house online. (i might have a good record but that doesnt mean im gonna play good when im in there)

Record means nothing. I've been saying this, and I will continue to.

records mean absolutely nothing to me personally. But I did notice the second day after launch people had 300 wins with20 losses or something like that. One day I went into the beginner rooms just to see what it's like, people with these massive wins kept challenging and it turned out ALL of them were Raiden/Kung Lao spammers. After the second match against one person I learned the timing for a block on Raiden's superman and whiped the floor wtih this kid. He stopped challenging me and left the room after that. You gotta be firm with these jerks.

I tried the online properly last night and found some of the records in the beginners room hilarious! I like that you can reject their invitations though. Biggest killer for me was lag, even playing predictable people, I was struggling to do things like uppercut after a blocked teleport. Very frustrating.

Let me explain how MK online works. You can be an average to even just below average player but as long as you play hours a day you WILL make it into the leaderboards. Why? Because NRS for some reason didn't want to implement a ratio count as opposed to total wins. You can have 3,000 wins and 2,999 loses, as long as you have the highest amount of wins, you'll be number one. Another thing is, most "high ranked" players are so use to winning using only one or two methods (using Lao's spin, using Raidens basic mixup) that once you take them out off sir comfort zone thy don't adapt and they end up losing. This is honestly what separates the good players from the great players. So don't take those stupid little numbers seriously. After all, online isn't anything special. Tournament and offline is where the big boys play ;)

LOL i wish it didn't show win ratio or total wins at all, I prefer a title rank system. Either way - online win ratio is total cheese. 90 % of the high ratio players only play people that can pad their stats/win ratio. I started to notice this on the first day when I would challenge a player with a high win ratio and they would rage quit as soon as they lost the match.

I started dialing in my Stryker online and lost an easy 100 matches trying to learn player match ups. As soon as I picked someone else and bodied them - the stat whores would always quit..... ;) lol It is what it is and people will believe what ever they want to believe. Its just not my cup of tea.

~StaticJack

yep the only reason people should be playing online is to have fun and to improve, not increase some worthless, meaningless number.

After all, online isn't anything special. Tournament and offline is where the big boys play ;)

Totally agreed ..... 99.9 % of these online fanboys "noob hunters" could be "eaten alive" an destroyed in offline serious tournament as CEO, Revelations, etc .....

They have no balls to go there, because, could be frustrating as hell to all of them .....

Sometimes I'll pop in to challenge the people lurking in the beginner channels that have a high number of games played. Usually they either decline me (my record indicates I shouldn't be in there either), if they actually do accept, most of the time they rage quit during the first round. I love it <3