why will people buy the dlc and nrs hasn't fixed online yet?

chessmaster

why? the game has been out a full 2 MONTHS. and still the online is horrible. granted i get the great deal with the season pass. but i'm honestly thinking about not buying the dlc until they fix the online. the problem: i know that everyone else is just going to buy it anyway. they're not going to miss one sale. so nrs will get paid off the dlc, the game AND the online pass(whoever didn't get one from gs). i figure with all that money the online that they advertised and talked about so much should work. but it doesn't. so why are people so hyped about dlc when they OBVIOUSLY are not focusing on fixing the netcode but focused on dlc to make more money?

Because people can be dumb and gullible. They expect the problems to be corrected in time so they will go ahead with purchasing.

I wish I had friends who are as good as me to play offline"/.

I wish it too Aldo, lol I play Arcade in expert a lot, but sometimes I go online for a real match, but delay and lag makes me go off.
I want the netcode fixed but TBH im more excited for the DLC.

My friends suck at playing, is like when they come again and put the movelist and I say "Dude dont you remember the specials?" it turns me mad xD

Well I play on 360 and it doesn't desynchronize nearly as much as on PS3, that patch you guys got really messed it up. The online isn't TOO bad when you play 1v1, but KOTH is extremely laggy. I'll still be getting the DLC. I can enjoy the characters offline, in practice mode which I'm addicted to. I figure that I've put in over 700 matches already with the game how it is, so I'm not going to be stopping any time soon. Still hoping for a fix though.

I will because personally I play more local MP then online MP.Offline MK 9 is a 9.5\10
Its nice to have real friends over playing the game.Its much more fun to talk shit to other peoples face. :)

I think it sucks that online doesnt work properly.But i also do not think that is reason to stop production on dlc.
Not everyone needs to play online.

I'm buying it because I don't care about online. I suspect I'm in the minority though.

my suggestion is for u to get a good connection cuz i have a good connection even though it sumtimes desynchronizes bcuz of the persons connection but it lets me play a match quickly with da normal speed without lag oh and also if u want to have a non laggy match fight sum1 else with a good connection!

Give me a break... the people who makes patches for the online portion are seperate from the people who make DLC. Besides, they're doing what they can to fix the netcode. NRS did brag about how great the netcode would be, but I bet they really did think their netcode was great due to internal testing. They should have had a beta, but the past is the past. This is now. It takes weeks, even months at times, before they can release a decent patch so that the netcode can be solved. Wouldn't you want them to give NRS more time to narrow down the problem instead of releasing quick, half-assed patches ala Black Ops on the PS3 that only serve to screw up the online portion even worse? People act like this is the only game to experience lag soon after the game is released. And it certainly won't be the last. So why not do everyone else a favor and stop whining constantly about an issue that can't be resolved overnight? You've already informed NRS of the matter, you could at least wait until after the patch has been released for everyone (only PS3 got the patch) to complain.

Besides, online isn't the only part of the game, you know. You can play DLC characters offline, too.

I barely touch online, so I don't care much. I hope it's fixed for a complete experience though.
Can't wait to see Rain!

Because we are many MK fan. The online problem is only one bump in the road :). Also I like MK alot and online is no longer a problem for me. Lag is fixed and I don't get disconnected that much. So yeah

Well, I don't play online, so I wouldn't even know it was broken except for reading about it in these forums.

I can understand your frustration though. If a part of a game that was a big deal to me was broken, I wouldn't be excited about new dlc either.

Stop getting trolled. Netcode was UNCHANGED with the new patch.

If it seems less laggy it's probably due to the fact that a lot of people are already dropping this game for AE or whatever. Or maybe people are just dropping online and start playing offline instead like I did.

DLC + Netcode = Apples + Oranges

One thing that has nothing to do with the other thing.

I don't use the online multiplayer component of this game, so the netcode doesn't bother me. I can still use the DLC in other offline modes.

why? the game has been out a full 2 MONTHS. and still the online is horrible. granted i get the great deal with the season pass. but i'm honestly thinking about not buying the dlc until they fix the online. the problem: i know that everyone else is just going to buy it anyway. they're not going to miss one sale. so nrs will get paid off the dlc, the game AND the online pass(whoever didn't get one from gs). i figure with all that money the online that they advertised and talked about so much should work. but it doesn't. so why are people so hyped about dlc when they OBVIOUSLY are not focusing on fixing the netcode but focused on dlc to make more money?

I don't play online, so I don't really give a damn. I just want the DLC characters/costumes for when I play by myself or with friends. Good online play isn't a huge deal when it comes to DLC. You don't need one to have the other.