The Gravity of the Situation

Matt Wilson

I don't know how else to describe it, but it feels like there's something funky with gravity on online play. XD

For example: I'm playing Ermac. I spend about 20-30mins in training mode, trying new combos, balancing special combos and chaining them together, etc, and I seem to get the jest of it, so I'm like "Alright, kick-ass mode activated, let's do this!"

Then I go online, and it's like....it doesn't lag enough to actually constitute as to what I would call 'lag', like it's not super choppy or anything, but it's like the frame rate slows down just enough to were my combos, special inputs, timing, etc is totally off. I'll do the Telekinetic lift and try to time it right with the throw...and sometimes its like I input it in, there's a delay, and it doesn't work. Same thing with my button pressing for combos --- it's like it's kind of stiff online, and things don't react the exact way you want them to.

So I go back to training. I figure I just got the jitters and I'm nervous so I'm not performing right, so I execute everything again. Flawless. So then I go back online. Everything get's ass backwards again. I'm like "Wtf are you serious?" Again, it seems like everything kinda slows down a tad, 'sticky' is the best word I can find to describe it. I think some people are used to it. I'm not. :D

So does anyone else experience that online? Not every match mind you...but some to where it's like you trying to accomplish something, and it just seems like when you play certain people online, the timing is off on everything. Are you used to it because you play a lot online? Or is it just a case of 'shaky hands'?

I have it in every game I play so I never bother online now, but then again I'm in South Australia, our technology is still behind that of some 3rd world countries. Further more I shouldn't even have the game.
But all that aside, the game seems to run worse than any other online game I have played, like you said not because it's so obviously laggy, just that it's that tiniest bit out of sync to throw tactics out the window.

I think I know what you mean. Some games I play my character feels "heavier" than normal. Like when I do inputs they are almost on time but just that little bit of lag that almost makes the character feel like they are slower than normal. I wouldn't say this happens very often to me.. but enough that I have noticed it

I have noticed that lately. I do my jump punch, punch, punch, Nut-Punch start up kombo to my foes online and it seems like he just does it slower. Maybe it's because of the new hotfix that kame out. I hope not. Anyways, I should also state that I am playing on PS3.

I had some games last night and it was terrible to say the least and I got slaughtered. I'm on the xbox so maybe when they eventually release the patch it will improve things.