Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia"

Re: Rain Thread - "I am a direct descendant of Argus himself"

Rain WILL be slamming some ass. Water never hurt this bad until now.

^__^ yay a fan!

i hope they give him some voice acting. The last 2 only had grunts and screams =_='
Since he'sedenian, maybe a cool regal type voice with a hint ove of raspy mystery? lol

Rain_Render_WM.jpg

YEAH!!!! gettin closer!!! ^_______^
(Open the image for bigger pic) I think he looks awesome! i like the detailing on his mask.

You sir got +rep =)

AWESOME!

I updated it with the new info, wating for Rain so this can be his character guide thread.

Are you guys sure the water bubble is not the enhanced version of the regular water projectile? 'Cause watching the trailer, looks like it, even though I hope not...

Are you guys sure the water bubble is not the enhanced version of the regular water projectile? 'Cause watching the trailer, looks like it, even though I hope not...

No, they are 2 different moves, it wouldnt make sense if they are, besides he uses the normal waterball and the enhanced, both in the video, so im sure it is not.

Yeah Rain uses both a regular and an EX Water Ball, so the Water Blast is its own move. Sadly though when they show the move it is all ready in mid attack, so it makes it hard to know weather or not that is the normal or EX version of the attack.

Also slight alteration to the move list, Rain doesn't have a teleport punch, he has a teleport Water Pressure Kick. You see him use the moth on both Sindel and Sheeva, and he drops into the pool of water and shoot up on the opposite side with the Water Pressure Kick. Which would mean he has two versions of the move, one without the teleport and one with.

Yeah Rain uses both a regular and an EX Water Ball, so the Water Blast is its own move. Sadly though when they show the move it is all ready in mid attack, so it makes it hard to know weather or not that is the normal or EX version of the attack.

Also slight alteration to the move list, Rain doesn't have a teleport punch, he has a teleport Water Pressure Kick. You see him use the moth on both Sindel and Sheeva, and he drops into the pool of water and shoot up on the opposite side with the Water Pressure Kick. Which would mean he has two versions of the move, one without the teleport and one with.

He has the kick you say but is not a teleport, the teleport move is a teleport punch.

It isn't teleport punch.

@00:29 of the Rain video when he uses the EX version of the teleport on Sindel he comes out of the ground feet first like his water pressure kick, there isn't a punch involved.

rainteleportkick.jpg

So he has two versions of the move, one without the teleport and one with the teleport.

I thought Rain's intro was a little...fem. but maybe Im just trippin...

I thought Rain's intro was a little...fem. but maybe Im just trippin...

Seems to me like a reference to his origins (Prince's Purple Rain) so why wouldn't it be a touch effeminate? lol

Rain DOES seem to be speaking and they just cut off that part. Remember Liu Kang's vignette? They also cut Liu Kang's speech off in a way it seemed he wasn't saying anything. It does feel like Rain's intro was cut in the middle and he'll say or do something more. Well, to me, it's indifferent, I love his intro, very Prince-ish reference.

Rain DOES seem to be speaking and they just cut off that part. Remember Liu Kang's vignette? They also cut Liu Kang's speech off in a way it seemed he wasn't saying anything. It does feel like Rain's intro was cut in the middle and he'll say or do something more. Well, to me, it's indifferent, I love his intro, very Prince-ish reference.

The veil moved because he was spinning like crazy, is the law of inertia, like I said in another thread.

When I saw that spinning I was afraid he would have a spinning move like Kung Lao, thanks god he didnt.

I agree with you. I get why others would say due to the spinning but the way it LOOKS on the video makes me think it's because of the talking actually. patch for alt costumes and entry lines for DLC chars after ??? ftw. :p

YES exactly. i dont know why so many people think he doesnt say anything. its a gameplay trailer, not an intro trailer. If you go to the extras menu on the game and watch both Sub-Zero's and Scorpion's gameplay trailers neither one shows them speaking their lines. All you see is their intro. For this reason I believe Rain will have a line, NRS just didnt want to waste another 5 secs to add it in because they wanted to impress us with Rain's gameplay.

I've been meaning to point this out but I kept forgetting. So i'll do it here.

I'm like 90% sure that the water ball (Where he moves people around the screen :p) is the enhanced version of the water stream. He flashes and the starting animation appears to be the same. I assumed when I saw the video the first time that it was an enhanced, I think i'm right :D

No the water stream is its own move.

In the debut video he uses the EX version to lift Ermac up and pull him toward him earlier in the video, and then he uses the regular version when he pushes Ermac away to set him up for the x-ray at the end.

Also it seems that his teleport might function like Kung Lao's, seeing as in the story trailer he just teleports through the water puddle to get behind Liu Kang, where he uses the EX water blast. However in the debut video when he uses the EX version of the teleport he catches both Sindel and Sheeva with his water pressure kick. So he either has the ability to input a move after the teleport, or the EX teleport automatically kicks and the regular version teleports.

I've been meaning to point this out but I kept forgetting. So i'll do it here.

I'm like 90% sure that the water ball (Where he moves people around the screen :p) is the enhanced version of the water stream. He flashes and the starting animation appears to be the same. I assumed when I saw the video the first time that it was an enhanced, I think i'm right :D

No.

They are different moves, and you can see in the video that he uses the normal and the enhanced versions (purple glow in the enhanced)

In the last combo you can see he doesnt have a glow when he does the combo, also he does waterball + xray, thing that'd be impossible if its an enhanced, and no theynever use infinite bars in the videos, all the combos they do in videos are possible to do.

Can't wait for Tuesday!! Rain looks so awesome!