Skarlet Thread - "Yiah!"

Re: Skarlet Thread- "Yiah!"

indeed the special dash alone provides a gameplay option i enjoy, the ability to delay the secon kunai (allowing it to be a sleight juggle even) for mind game stuff and her tele al are pretty badass.

im thinking she will probably get the damage scaling on her d,b+2 and d,f+2 specials nerfed sleightly tho. ill still play her even if her max was a 30% kombo tho.

her xray is weakest but that it starts with an overhead makes me happy. harrass them with your low strings when your sitting on 3 bars lol! dont block low or you eat a xray foo!

if you use 1,1,2xxred dash you have a interesting mixup game for you, and here is why.

1,1,2xxred dash as a juggle combo enter makes the opponent land on there feet, from red dash you can obviously slide (low), downsladh(overhead)upslash(juggle)

heres the kicker

if your fast enough you can cancel slide into upslash/downslash

upslash leads to a combo, downslash doesnt but you just did a low/overhead back to back mixup AFTER a full combo with no time to breath.

Finally downloaded Skarlet and after playing with her for the last 40 mins I can safely say she is without a doubt THE WORST CHARACTER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding:gr_jest: She's been real fun to play. A tad awkward but that's mainly cause I'm still getting used to her plus her butt crack is distracting at times :turbonaughtdy_1: I can definitely see her being my main female character this game. I can also see that in the hands of a good player (or cheap player) she's gonna be a nightmare for mediocre players like me. I'm a bit miffed she doesn't have her own spot in Nekropolis nor her alternate costume but I'm hoping this is just a temporary thing and that it will be fixed via update. Overall though I'm very happy with my purchase.

even if/when her damage from up/downslash combos get nerfed she will still have a ton going for her. she has so many tools.

double kunai, second one can be delayed, air ex kunai hits close medium and far, red dash shenanigans and the projectile armor on ex red dash, teleport. I think id pair her with reptile honestly. seems like a good matchup

i can perform her red dash into slidexxup/downslash cancel almost every time now. using a fight stick tho, 2 fingers is easier then one thumb for something that fast, tho i think its still doable for controllers. its awesome. the downslaosh whiffs if the slide connects, but if they crouch block they eat a overhead popup. the fact that this can be done immediatly at the end of a full combo is scary.

I plan on picking up skarlet as my 3rd character. So i'll be Jade(Main) then i'll secondary Noob Saibot and Skarlet. (Jade)Mid range/ (Noob)Zoner(and great corner game)/ Skarlet looks rushdown from what i've played so far of her.

and a somewhat annoyingly fast projectile so she holds her own in the zone game as well.

I'll be sure to post any findings I come accross in this thread when i play around with her.

F+3,1 Xray - 34%

I didnt play so much with her but thats the best one I figured out on my own.

PS - They need to nerf this gal...

F+3,1 Xray - 34%

I didnt play so much with her but thats the best one I figured out on my own.

PS - They need to nerf this gal...
Yeah, it's gonna suck for me when they do, as I'll have to update all this information :(.

Pros :
- Lots of default combos (14)
- Deadly in the corner
- Fast mix up game
- Good zoner tools with multiple projectiles
- Good slide , dash anti-projectile in EX version
- Good Ex teleport
- One of the MK 2011 characters with more special moves of all (9)

Cons :
- Only 2 pop up in middle screen
- Air dagger not so good in the jump apex
- Air dagger (close) cannot hit enemy too far
- Weakest X-Ray damage in the game

** If you agree, REPTILE 0009, please update that section !

Last edited:

Yeah, it's gonna suck for me when they do, as I'll have to update all this information :(.

Dont get me wrong she is cool (is the only girl I dont consider boring) I dont know if caller her OP but she has so many tools, her bloodball can hit high,low or air, you choose, thats too much. Im not saying this because is Skarlet because I'd say "Nerf Rain" if he comes OP too.

EDIT: She is not OP, i discovered many weaknesses, she has very great advantages but she is very well balanced, after all.

Last edited:

Pros :
- Lots of default combos
- Deadly in the corner
- Fast mix up game
- Good zoner tools with multiple projectiles
- Good slide , anti-project in EX version
- Good Ex teleport

Cons :
- Only 2 pop up in middle screen
- Air dagger not so good in the jump apex
- Air dagger (close) cannot hit enemy too far

** If you agree, Reptile0009, please update that section !
Yeah I'll update that as soon as I can :).

Okay, now I consider this thread ready to be stickied. Although I know this thread is still nowhere near finished, in fact, character threads are never finished, I do have most of the sections filled in with information.

In case you are still searching:

Fatality 1 - D,B,D,D (RT) Touching

Fatality 2 - F,B,D,D, (B) Jump

Stage - F,B,F (X) Touching

Babality - D,B,D,F (Y) Jump

Dont get me wrong she is cool (is the only girl I dont consider boring) I dont know if caller her OP but she has so many tools, her bloodball can hit high,low or air, you choose, thats too much. Im not saying this because is Skarlet because I'd say "Nerf Rain" if he comes OP too.

from my testing no matter where you hit with bloodball on the players body it still registers as a high hit so from what ive seen it doesnt hit low in actuality. also keep in mind bloodball is 7% of her life for 15% possible damage, 6% on block, is slow as well both on startup and in travel compared to many fireballs.

i disagree with her being op because of her tools, but because of her high damage with downslash/upslash alternating combos. 8 hits on a rather easy 40% no meter combo is too much imo. something that has so much repitition shouldnt exceed 33% meterless imo of course.

the way i see it is the tools define her gameplay, removing them unless they are proven to be quite simply too overwhelming would be a poor decision, nerfing her damage a bit seems more likely too. i also find posts just saying "nerf this thing/char" to be highly unconstructive, the least we can do is provide information as to why in the same post. leads to proper debate, while just saying nerf with no real explanation leads to people defending/bashing chars rather harshly. my 2 cents at least.