Skarlet Thread - "Yiah!"

Man Eater is a good Skarlet player, caught the point on using speed ,timing, dash, Dagger cancel, everything. Hehe !! XD

Skarlet's basis, in ordet to master her, as seems to be, is being good on doing forward dash, and Up Slash cancel after any combo hit. If you catch the time on doing these basic movements very quick, so, bingo !! Who master these 2 basic techniques, basically, is apt to play as a beast with Skarlet. Of course after some training and some matches online, hehe.

Lol thanks, you really boosted my ego. I've gotten atleast 6 messages since last night saying I was good with her. One even said the few that know how to use her.

I'm having a really hard time fighting Kano, especially the ones that swear they are "zoning" with him. It sucks that both her launchers are too slow to use by themselves to punish. I just need to practice more with setting up punishes right. And timing juggles online is kind of hard too.

found out just now that red dashxxslidexxup/downslash is a bug and is going to be removed.

she will still be able to red dash into up/downslash, but she wont be able to cancel slide into them anymore.

this will hurt her mixups a lot as it was her strongest point. but i can see how slidexxoverhead slash may have been too much.

so we have to be content with red dashes ability to make them wonder whats gonna happen next. is it going to slide, downslash, upslash, grab, etc. good but not stellar imo.

it also makes me look upon b+1 combo starter more favorable then f+2,1,2 string as its where all her mixups lay.

b+1, f+3 = overhead
b+1,1,3 = spacing (pushes opponent away just outside of grab range, not that safe from what i can tell tho might be the worst option)
b+1,1,f+4=popup for combos involving red dash
b+1.1,b+4 (just hold back the whole time)=low that grounds opponent and leaves you at advantage

f+3 strings work as either a combo start or break into a low poke, but i dont think its hit confirmable.

if u+3 every can be canceled from red dash it could make u+3,4xxd,b+4 a good finisher, and id love a finisher that ends with her tele just for fun :p

f+4,3 may be the safest string in the game with so much room made even on block.

her f+2 string is nice in that it has an overhead, but you need to train them to block low for it to matter. and the fact that there is no low string that begins with f+2 makes a knowledgeable player know not to crouch block less your canceling your combos early for dash slides a lot. but it does chain into tele which is kinda fun.

Lol thanks, you really boosted my ego. I've gotten atleast 6 messages since last night saying I was good with her. One even said the few that know how to use her.

I'm having a really hard time fighting Kano, especially the ones that swear they are "zoning" with him. It sucks that both her launchers are too slow to use by themselves to punish. I just need to practice more with setting up punishes right. And timing juggles online is kind of hard too.

Kunais are effective against Kano's ball.

im having trouble with f+2,1,2,1+2, red dash, up slash

at which point do enter in the red dash buttons? it only works sometimes is there a certain part of the first combo i need to input df 3?

She is really fun to play as! BUT I don't like how she plays. So I just use her for shits and giggles. I plan on only learning simple stuff with her. I'll stick to my girl Mileena

found out just now that red dashxxslidexxup/downslash is a bug and is going to be removed.

she will still be able to red dash into up/downslash, but she wont be able to cancel slide into them anymore.

this will hurt her mixups a lot as it was her strongest point. but i can see how slidexxoverhead slash may have been too much.

so we have to be content with red dashes ability to make them wonder whats gonna happen next. is it going to slide, downslash, upslash, grab, etc. good but not stellar imo.

it also makes me look upon b+1 combo starter more favorable then f+2,1,2 string as its where all her mixups lay.

b+1, f+3 = overhead
b+1,1,3 = spacing (pushes opponent away just outside of grab range, not that safe from what i can tell tho might be the worst option)
b+1,1,f+4=popup for combos involving red dash
b+1.1,b+4 (just hold back the whole time)=low that grounds opponent and leaves you at advantage

f+3 strings work as either a combo start or break into a low poke, but i dont think its hit confirmable.

if u+3 every can be canceled from red dash it could make u+3,4xxd,b+4 a good finisher, and id love a finisher that ends with her tele just for fun :p

f+4,3 may be the safest string in the game with so much room made even on block.

her f+2 string is nice in that it has an overhead, but you need to train them to block low for it to matter. and the fact that there is no low string that begins with f+2 makes a knowledgeable player know not to crouch block less your canceling your combos early for dash slides a lot. but it does chain into tele which is kinda fun.

WHAT???? Her red dash into her special attack is a glitch? Are you sure, because it doesn't seem like a glitch

im having trouble with f+2,1,2,1+2, red dash, up slash

at which point do enter in the red dash buttons? it only works sometimes is there a certain part of the first combo i need to input df 3?
You have to enter it in like half a second after you press 1+2... and for her to run, you hold forward and press forward+2 for the up slash.

In order to zone Kano well, you have to sacrifice your 3 level bar, using, her air dagger (close) triple Ex, and as soon as you hit the floor, normal double dagger ..... Skarlet can dispute projectile war with Kano, her kunais are ultra fast, once you throw, they run on the screen so fast, travelling on screen in less than a split second. In fact, the moment you throw them, the are almost hitting the enemy, even if you are from a full screen range distance. For Up Ball, so, you have no weapons, but, timing ..... block and uppercut.

I lose for some Kanos, but, was able to win 2 matches against others, using that. But, it's a very hard matchup.

you misunderstand. red dashxxslidxxup/downslash is a glitch

red dashxxslide
red dashxxupslash
red dashxxdown slash

are al legit.

Lol my bad. Ok YOU scared the shit out of me. I was so nervous. yeah I did the slide glitch once before but I never did it again.

I did some good combos with Skarlet earlier, i'll see if I can record it with a camera and maybe share it with you people. (No cap card, but i'll try my best to make it look good.)

I wasnt aware of that. Are you positive?

I'll try and do it midscreen, but I'm pretty sure the second time you try and do her Up Slash, it will miss because the kick will kick too far.
Try doing Back+1, 1, Forward+4 after any one launcher midscreeen and you'll see that it kicks them too far for the Up Slash to reach

Practice stage is smaller then most stages. If trying to learn in practice mode I usually use another stage. I have not tried any of the combos posted but I am sure they won't work Mid Screen. Could be wrong. Will try.

My sentiments EXACTLY! She's so fun, but much too intricate and technical for me. I'm sticking with Mil<3

LeeApproves.jpg

More goofing around

Kombo 1: Jump-in 44%
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxUp Slash, fd, FKxxRed DashxxRed Slide

Kombo 2: Corner 47%
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, nj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, B+FPxxFPxxF+BKxxUp Slash, fj.BKxxBlood Drop

Kombo 3: Corner X-Ray 52%
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, nj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, FKxxUp Slash, FKxxBlood Bank(X-Ray)

I got another chance to mess around with Skarlet tonight (thanks insomnia!) and, after taking a completely different approach with her, managed to eke out a few more % of damage here and there. I no longer need to rely on wall carry to get 44% meterless damage midscreen and she can do an insane amount of damage with very simple combos in the corner.

Also did you know that she can dash cancel out of her Dagger Toss, and cancel her Red Slide into an Up Slash? This means you can choose to end any blocked string with a mid or a low, both of which pop up and lead to a mighty combo. The more I learn about her the crazier she seems. More to come soon.