Skarlet Thread - "Yiah!"

REPTILE 0009

Skarlet Thread
~Yiah!~
396px-Skarlet_renderfinal.png
UPDATE 4: Updated the Ermac portion of the Matchups section. Updated some information on Skarlet's Combos, and added a new combo.

Gameplay Summery:
Spoiler:

Skarlet's attacks are very fast, and she's a very close range, offensive fighter. She also has a very versatile array of special moves. Skarlet is also deadly in a corner, as she can cause some serious damage, by using just two moves to juggle the enemy. Her mixups are also deadly, as many of them start with the same initial hit, such as her Forward+3, her Back+1, or her Red Dash.

Need To Know Combos and Moves:
Spoiler:

Krimson Bash-1, 1, 2: A very fast three hit combo. Can combo into a Red Slide after the second hit if the enemy blocks high.

Bad Blood-Back+1, 1, Forward+4: This pops the enemy up, allowing them to be followed up with a Red Slide, or a Red Dash Up Slash.

Blood Clot-Back+1, Forward+3: The second input hits overhead, so use if the enemy blocks low. The second hit is very deceptive, because it looks like it should be blocked low, and it has good range.

Bloody Murder-Back+1, 1, Back+4: The third input hits low, so use this if the enemy blocks high.

Punishment-2, 1, 2: Easily Skarlet's most versatile combo. Can combo into an Up Slash after the second hit, or combo into a Red Slide or Dagger Toss after the third hit.

Lifting Leg-Up+3: One of Skarlet's pop up moves. It's much faster than either of her slash attacks.

Rising Blade-Back+2: Can combo into a Down Slash, and can cause some huge damage when used in juggles.

Flesh and Blood-Forward+2, 1, 2, 1+2: This move has good range, deals quite a bit of damage. You can combo into an Up Slash after the third hit, or a Red Dash Up Slash after the fourth.

Bloodshot-2, 3: Fast, two hit combo that's good for juggling enemies.

Blood Boil-Forward+3, 1, 2: You can combo a Down Slash after the second hit, or an Up Slash after the third. You can also combo a Dagger Toss after the third hit, and can start a combo by canceling the Toss.

Slaughter-Forward+3, 3: The second input hits low.

Notes on X-Ray:
Spoiler:

Base Damage: 29% damage. Probably one of the most gruesome X-Ray's in the game. However, it also happens to be the weakest at a mere 29% damage. Much like Sonya's X-Ray, the damage varies depending on how many startup hits you land on the enemy, this is what I got from using the X-Ray at point blank range. However, this X-Ray can be combo'd of her 2, 1, 2 for some good damage. Much like Liu Kang's X-Ray, it hit's overhead. Serves as a good anti-air due to the large amount of real estate it covers.

MISC Notes:
Spoiler:

Up Slash: Serves as a good anti-air. Very similar to Nightwolf's Axe Swing, although there is a slight delay between inputting the move and Skarlet executing the slash. Can be combo'd from quite a few of Skarlet's chain combo's, such as her 2, 1, or Forward+3, 1, 2, or Forward+2, 1, 2. Can also be executed during a Red Dash with Forward+2. EX version adds another slash for extra damage.

Down Slash: Hits overhead, and also has a slight delay to it. Much like the Up Slash, it pops the enemy up. Can be combo'd from a Back+2, for some damaging juggles, especially in a corner. This can also be combo'd from a Forward+3, 1, or a Forward+4. Can also be executed during a Red Dash with Back+2. EX version adds another slash for extra damage.

Blood Drop: Standard teleporting attack. As always, it can be done it the air, and is used to punish projectile attempts. EX version does more damage and is incredibly gruesome looking.

Red Dash: Serves as longer dash. 4, will cause Skarlet to execute a sliding move. Skarlet can also execute a Up/Down Slash with the Forward+2, or Back+2 respectively. EX version travels further.

Red Slide: A low-hitting slide move. Can be used for mind-games, as you can make the enemy wonder if you will commit to a Slide or not.

Blood Ball: A very damaging projectile, and can also be controlled mid-flight with Up or Down. The tradeoff, is that Skarlet damages herself when doing this attack, and it has a somewhat slow startup time. Use only on jumpers, or people who neglect the block button.

Dagger Toss: Skarlet throws two very fast kunai projectiles. Can delay the second kunai by holding 1. Can dash cancel out of the delay, which serves as a good way to close the distance between you and the enemy.

Air Dagger (Close): Very similar to Sindel's Close Fireball, with not really much to comment on.

Air Dagger (Far): Very similar to Mileena's Air Sai Blast. Can be used to punish jumpers or used very low to the ground, making it harder for the enemy to advance. EX version throws three daggers at three different angles, making it very hard for the enemy to avoid all of them.

Notations:
Spoiler:

1= Front Punch
2= Back Punch
3= Front Kick
4= Back Kick
EX= Enhanced Version

Up Slash: Down, Forward, 2
Down Slash: Down, Back, 2
Blood Drop: Down, Back, 4
Red Dash: Down, Forward, 3
Red Slide: 4 (During Red Dash)
Red Dash Slice Up: Forward+2 (During Red Dash)
Red Dash Slice Down: Back+2 (During Red Dash)
Blood Ball: Forward, Down, Back, 1
Dagger Toss: Down, Forward, 1
Air Dagger (Close): Down, Back, 1 (In the air)
Air Dagger (Far): Down, Forward, 1 (In the air)

Tactics:
Spoiler:

Vs. Projectile Spammers, Zoners and Keepaway: The Blood Drop is, as with all teleports, a good way to punish those who get too comfortable with their projectiles. You can also dash cancel out of the Dagger Toss to allow Skarlet to get close.

Vs. Teleports: As always, block, and punish with an uppercut, or an Up Slash. If your using the Dagger Toss against enemies with teleports, always delay the second Dagger. If they teleport to counter the projectile, simply dash forward or back to evade the teleport.

Anti-Air: The Up Slash is a very good anti-air, and lead to some juggles. The Blood Drop, and the Far Air Dagger can also effectively anti-air, although can't lead to any juggles. Her X-Ray also serves as a decent anti-air.

Mixups: Skarlet has some of the most potent mixups. Her Back+1, Forward+3, and Red Dash, can end in a launching, an overhead, and a low hit respectively. Learning these mixups is essential to playing Skarlet, and doing so, will surely benefit you in the long run.

Back+1, 1, Forward+4: Launching
Back+1, 1, Back+4: Low
Back+1, Forward+3: Overhead

Forward+3, 1, 2: Launching
Forward+3, 1, Down Slash: overhead, and pop up
Forward+3, 3: Low

Red Dash Up Slash: Launching
Red Dash Down Slash: Overhead, and pop up
Red Slide: Low

Last edited:
Re: Skarlet Thread- "Yiah!"

Custom Combos:
Spoiler:

Regular Combos:
-Back+2, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide: 38% damage. This is Skarlet's main bread and butter combo. Even if you don't land the Red Slide, your still dealing a solid 35% damage.

-Forward+3, 1, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Dagger Toss: 37% damage.

-Red Dash, Red Dash Slice Down, dash, 2, 3, Up Slash, Red Dash, Red Slide: 27% damage.

-Forward+2, 1, 2, Up Slash, dash, 2, 1, 2: 24% damage.

-Forward+4, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide: 33% damage. Very similar to Skarlet's bread and butter, just with a different starter.

-Forward+3, 1, 2, Dagger Toss (hold), dash, 2, 3, Dagger Toss (hold), dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide: 34% damage.

-Back+1, 1, forward+4, , Red Dash, Red Dash Slice Up, dash, 2, 3, Dagger Toss (hold), dash, 2, 3, Dagger Toss: 36% damage.

-Up+3, 2, 3, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Dagger Toss: 35% damage.

-2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss (hold), Dash, 1, 1, Dagger Toss (hold), dash, 1, 1, 4, Red Dash, Red Slide: 30% damage.

Enhanced Combos:
-2, 1, Up Slash, Jump Kick, EX Blood Drop: 26% damage.

-Back+2, Down Slash, Jump Kick, EX Blood Drop: 29% damage. Similar to the above combo, but with a different starter, and slightly more damage.

X-Ray Combos:
-(Corner) Back+2, Down Slash, Back+2, Down Slash, 2, 1, 2, X-Ray: 47% damage.

-Back+2, Down Slash, dash, 2, 1, 2, X-Ray: 41% damage. Very simple and easy to pull off. This X-Ray combo is a must for beginners to Skarlet.

-(Corner) Back+2, Down Slash, Back+2, Down Slash, Back+2, Down Slash, Back+1, 1, Forward+4, X-Ray: 51%damage.

-(Corner) Back+2, Down Slash, Back+2, Down Slash, 2, 3, Up Slash, 2, 3, X-Ray: 51% damage. This one does the same damage as the above combo, but is much easier to pull off.

-Forward+3, 1, 2, Dagger Toss (hold), dash, 2, 3, Dagger Toss (hold), dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, X-Ray: 41%damage

Corner Combos:
-2, 1, Up Slash, Back+1, 1, Up Slash, 2, 1, 2: 28% damage.

-Back+2, Down Slash, Back+2, Down Slash, 2, 1, 2: 35% damage. The most common mistake you'll make is accidentally uppercutting instead of doing a Down Slash, but even if you do, you'll still at least do decent damage.

-Back+2, Down Slash, Back+2, Down Slash, Back+2, Down Slash, 2, 1, 2: 42% damage. Once you've mastered the above combo, this is the next step up. Prime example of why Skarlet is so deadly in a corner.

-Back+2, Down Slash, Back+2, Down Slash, 2, 3, Up Slash, 2, 3: 42% damage. This one does the same damage as the above combo, but is much easier to pull off.

Pros and Cons:
Spoiler:

Pros:
- Lots of default combos
- Deadly in the corner
- Fast mix up game
- Good zoner tools with multiple projectiles
- Good slide , anti-projectile in EX version
- Good Ex teleport
- Good anti-air options

Cons:
- Only 2 pop up in middle screen
- Air dagger not so good in the jump apex
- Air dagger (close) cannot hit enemy too far
- X-Ray is the weakest standalone X-Ray in the game
- Blood Ball drains health and has a slow startup time

Last edited:

Skarlet's Matchups:
Spoiler:

Overall, Skarlet can matchup well with most of the cast. Her well-rounded, if somewhat unoriginal moveset, can allow her to handle most situations. She can zone almost anyone to an annoying degree, due to the speed of her Dagger Toss.

Skarlet's Best and Worst Matchups:
Spoiler:

Best: Baraka, Sheeva
Worst: Kano

Matchup Notations
Spoiler:

1= Strong Advantage
2= Slight Advantage
3= Even Matchup
4= Slight Disadvantage
5= Strong Disadvantage

Baraka: 2
Spoiler:

Baraka is at his best when up close, but unfortunately for him, that's where Skarlet is also most effective. Skarlet can also zone him out well, with her very fast Dagger Toss.

Cyrax:

Ermac: 3
Spoiler:

Ermac excels in his zoning game, so it's in your best interest to rush him down with Skarlet's fast offense. Beware of Ermac's wakeup Force Push and Lift, as the former can put you all the way on the other side of the screen, and the latter will pop you up for a combo. Don't allow Ermac to use his 3, 1 chain, as it allow's Ermac to mixup with his Force Lift/Throw.

Jade:

Jax:

Johnny Cage:

Kabal:

Kano: 4
Spoiler:

Kano is a very tough matchup for Skarlet. However, keep in mind that Skarlet is one of the few characters that can beat Kano in a projectile war, due to her Dagger Toss being even faster than Kano's. Kano doesn't really have an answer to Skarlet's EX Air Dagger, due to it covering so much real estate and it being near impossible to counter with an Up or Down Ball.

Kitana:

Kung Lao:

Liu Kang:

Mileena:

Nightwolf:

Noob Saibot:

Quan Chi:

Raiden:

Reptile:

Scorpion:

Sektor:

Shang Tsung:

Sheeva: 1
Spoiler:

The best strategy against Sheeva is to rush her. She simply cannot compete with Skarlet in a close range fight, due to Skarlet's fast moves. Skarlet can also zone against Sheeva well, due to her Dagger Toss being much faster than Sheeva's Fireball, or her Ground Stomp. Just be sure to always delay the second dagger, if Sheeva does use her Teleport Stomp, just dash cancel out of the way.

Sindel:

Smoke:

Sonya:

Stryker:

Sub-Zero:

Cyber Sub-Zero:

Last edited:

haha, very nice man, +rep !!!!! Someone put it in sticky character thread ! As soon as Skarlet is here in 6-21-11, so, we start to fill this thread with information !! I will be a constant visitor of this thread here, hehe !

Thank ya !! XD :D

haha, very nice man, +rep !!!!! Someone put it in sticky character thread ! As soon as Skarlet is here in 6-21-11, so, we start to fill this thread with information !! I will be a constant visitor of this thread here, hehe !

Thank ya !! XD :D
Thanks dude. I was going to change the picture once a better one has been released. But after looking at it, I think it looks cool. Only one problem. What is up with Skarlet's spine? I'm not a doctor, put I'm pretty sure the spine cannot bend that way. Am I just looking at it wrong? Linkara would probably be shrieking in fear at that thing.

oh, no .... Skarlet's spine is fine, if you see what Olympic gymnasts and contortionists can do with their bodies, you see that Skarlet is pretty normal here, hehe !! XD

If I sent you some wrong information, please, feel free to correct/fix here, once you have Skarlet avaliable and go for training the special moves with her, in order to check out.

Alright, I've started to update this thread now that Skarlet has finally been released. If you have any combos or other information, let me know in this thread.

Love her so far. She works a little different than the other females but I'm alright with that. She only has like two overheads D: But I can adapt!

Alright, I've started to update this thread now that Skarlet has finally been released. If you have any combos or other information, let me know in this thread.

Very nice, man ! Now that Skarlet is here, it's easy to update and put accurate and correct information. As soon as I start to train with her, I will try to help this thread.

Keep coming, you're doing a great job, Reptile !! XD

Ok this one is kind of hard but it's possible

14 Hits: Forward+2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash with the Up Slash, Dash, X-Ray 38%

Also, her Forward+2, 1, 2 itself acts as a launcher and can go straight into specials.

OMG instead of that stupid compatability pack, they should have just made it a direct update.
I've gone through a couple battles online and no one has downloaded it yet. >.<

Last edited by a moderator:

so wait....her xray is an overhead? thats pretty sweet if thats right.

i like her red dash move mainly cuz i like characters with good mobility like reptile, csz, etc

cant wait until its updated today for ps3 and i get it.

so wait....her xray is an overhead? thats pretty sweet if thats right.

i like her red dash move mainly cuz i like characters with good mobility like reptile, csz, etc

cant wait until its updated today for ps3 and i get it.
Its like this "Ground spin, Anti-Air, Ground spin" it basically HAS to hit them unless they teleport (I mean like they can block it, but no matter what it will hit them and atleast get like 3% in.)

Reptile, have you seen B+1, 1, F+4? Similar to that B1,1,b4 you posted, but pops them in the air. I'm trying to chain it together with something AtM.

Up+3, 4 Blood Drop 3 hits: 21%
Up+3, 4 EX Blood Drop 7 hits: 24%
Back+2 Down Slash, Dash Back+2 Up Slash, Dash 1 Up Slash, Dash 1 Dagger Toss 9 hits: 35%

jf1/2, b+2 , down slash, dash, b+2, down slash, dash, 2, up slash, dash, 1, dagger toss

10 hits 41% no meter

or

jf1/2, b+2, down slash,f+2,down slash, dash,2, upslash, dash, 1, dagger toss

10 hits 38% (this one is easier because its hard to do the first dash into b+2)

or

jf1/2, b+2, down slash, dash, 2, upslash, dash, 2, upslash, dash, 1, dagger throw

10 hits 38% (easiest of all imo)

Last edited:

i wish she had more lows/highs but she apears fun after playing with her a little while.

something to note tho. her grab move does 17% damage! her reg dash seems a bit unsafe to use unless your gonna slide too, needs more testing.

What is the early verdict so far? I haven't gotten her yet, so I'm curious!

Edit: Anyone else on 360 having problems getting the compatibility pack?

its not listed in the special moves section but during a her dash special you dont have just slide at your disposal.

f+2 goes right into up slash, b+2 goes into down slash.

this opens up a nice dimension for her combo juggles.

for example i can do f+2,1,2,1+2xxspecial dash,f+2 to hi the person in the air and keep juggling her.

also her down slash might need tweaking, im seeing people do 8 hit 40% combos that involve keeping the person going with downslash.

ive also seen someone use the kunai as a juggle instead of hte up/down slashes.

edit: for clarification i meant when you do d,f,3 (special dash) hold F and press 2, you will upslash, for downslash you have to press back but you can just hold forward with upslash.