High Level Players Controllers

It varies. Most players bring in their own Arcade Stick, some use the standard DualShock 3, and some even use a keyboard.

If all you're doing is trying to conform with the crowd, go with the stick. But you should always be using something you're comfortable with.

Most of the High Level stick players are just using SFIV TE sticks. Mostly due to the variety between what Sanwa and Seimitsu have to offer.

Pads it varies, from PS3 DS, Original Xbox, PS2 /w converter and I've seen a few PDP Fightpads.

As Jinko said use what you're comfortable with unless you wanna try a stick.

ya im gonna try out the stick mainly because its supposed to be more responsive and if eel it will help me with some of the direcitonal inputs.

as for pros, whatever they feel most comfortable with.

I cant get used to the sticks, maybe if it was setup like and arcade where i could stand up and play it, then yeah i could like that.

otherwise i use my worn out original ps3 pad lol, buttons are worned and smooth, makes it much easier than my other newer pads.

I've been using a stick for 2 weeks and I'm getting better with it. It's definitely more precise, but I feel like it will never be as fast as a d-pad. Especially for dashing.

BTW, I'm using the new silver Xbox pad and a HRAP VX SA, which is all Sanwa parts.

The HRAP VX SA is a nice stick. Dashing takes awhile to learn both sides, but I will say from hrs of practicing 3rd Strike at the time my reaction time on dashes equaled a D-pad. Just toss yourself in training mode and practice to get that execution and muscle memory down.

The HRAP VX SA is a nice stick. Dashing takes awhile to learn both sides, but I will say from hrs of practicing 3rd Strike at the time my reaction time on dashes equaled a D-pad. Just toss yourself in training mode and practice to get that execution and muscle memory down.

I was about ready to give up on it, but I'll give a little while longer. You think if I put in a heavier spring it would be faster?

I was about ready to give up on it, but I'll give a little while longer. You think if I put in a heavier spring it would be faster?

All comes down to preference really. I grew up on American sticks and switched to Sanwa. Basically had to relearn on them, if it feels too loose for your liking you could always buy a Seimitsu spring and toss it in. It's definitely something you don't learn over night.

If you use a Seimitsu spring in a Sanwa stick, the one everyone seems to recommend is the LS-55. That, combined with a bat top should give you a good medium between Japanese functionality and Western feel and look.

my six axis a Dr. pepper and my ipod is my high level controler.

but i use a fight stick at tournaments.

I have to use American style sticks. I hate balltop/convex buttons. The tournament edition stick is perfect for me.