Hunting

Webster

so does anyone else here like getting up in 5 a.m. going out into the woods in camo with a gun or bow and waiting for your target animal to walk into your crosshairs, in ground blind or a tree stand as much as i do?

I get up at 5:00 am, hop in a boat, put a line in the water, and wait for something to yank on it.

Fishing FTW

I've never had the opportunity to go hunting, but I'm an avid fisherman. Also, there's no reason why we couldn't have a venison steak with a side of catfish :p

I've never had the opportunity to go hunting, but I'm an avid fisherman. Also, there's no reason why we couldn't have a venison steak with a side of catfish :p

venison steak with fried catfish. that sounds delicious just thinking about it.

No offense intended (though I am sure it will offend people, anyways, so sorry in advance :/) but I hate people who hunt. That's an innocent animal you're killing....sorry but that is wrong in my eyes. How would you like it if someone just walked into your house and shot your family?

wait theres a 5:00 am when did this happen.
and u wake up that early and shoot little bunnies and bambi oh shame shame on u.

i agree with el jade100 percent

and yes i might be being hipicritical being a fan of a bald crazy murderer but still.

Last edited:
No offense intended (though I am sure it will offend people, anyways, so sorry in advance :/) but I hate people who hunt. That's an innocent animal you're killing....sorry but that is wrong in my eyes. How would you like it if someone just walked into your house and shot your family?

I understand your point of view. Personally, I don't hunt, but I'm glad other people do. If people didn't hunt (say Deer for example), they would be waaaaay too overpopulated, people would be hitting them with cars left and right, and they would be destroying the habitats in which they live. Also, if people didn't hunt them, they would eventually die out by themselves. Why? If there was an overpopulation of Deer, food would be very scarce and they would all starve. I'm not an expert and I know I sound like a tard trying to explain this but, but there is truth to it.

However, I do love to fish. Just got back from a week long fishing trip in Lake Spooner, Wisconsin.

Its all how you look at it. I can see and understand where many see hunting to be immoral, unethical and unnecessary for those that have access to supermarkets and meat shops and hunt for sport. However, those that must sustain themselves, have no choice but to hunt or in order to survive; In this case it would be like advocating that starving Africans seize from reproducing. We do it because we're not in their shoes and we have others kill our meat. Also, like someone else previously mentioned, due to humans encroaching on wild land and eliminating natural predators, animals lower in the food chain will overpopulate and eventually die en-mass from starvation and disease. In such case, humans take over as the apex predator and must hunt in order to maintain ecological balance.

Completely agree with you Jade, that is, unless the person is eating the animal they kill. If they hunt for the thrill of the kill then I fight it completely wrong.

I understand your point of view. Personally, I don't hunt, but I'm glad other people do. If people didn't hunt (say Deer for example), they would be waaaaay too overpopulated, people would be hitting them with cars left and right, and they would be destroying the habitats in which they live. Also, if people didn't hunt them, they would eventually die out by themselves. Why? If there was an overpopulation of Deer, food would be very scarce and they would all starve. I'm not an expert and I know I sound like a tard trying to explain this but, but there is truth to it.

However, I do love to fish. Just got back from a week long fishing trip in Lake Spooner, Wisconsin.

This is true to an extent. However, if we didn't hunt deer, they would become overpopulated, which could bring in an increased population of wolf or another deer predator, a decrease in the amount of deer prey, or cause many deer to starve, but not all of them, therefore leaving a steady rise in fall pattern in the amount of deer, which would cause a pattern to be mimiced by the population of both the deers predator and prey, or a multitude of other outcomes

I get up at 5:00 am, hop in a boat, put a line in the water, and wait for something to yank on it.

Fishing FTW
I'm with you man, I could never get into hunting, but I love fishing. I mainly fish for bass, bluegill and catfish, what about you?

hunting for food is different but hunting for game/sport is vary immature and just a way to get off people need to see its not any thing to be proud of ur killing animal for nothing. to hang on the wall or mount themwhat ever u end up doing after u kill them.

to say its a way of population control is funny cuse why if we kill them to keep there population under control. why cant some person go and kill a human its no different we are over populated and running out of reserves and food so why can't we kill people to keep our population under control.

tell me if i'm wrong they have every right to be here. and may be we should stay out of were they are in all fairness we're taking there homes from them. not the other way around

Last edited:
I used to hunt but I don't anymore. I'm in the same boat as Toxic (lawl, boat), I'm a fan of fishing. I don't have a problem with hunting, it's just not something I got into. With fishing you can go with friends, drink some beers, talk to each other and just have a good time and still catch some fish. You couldn't do any of that while hunting. I currently get my fill of venison from my dad. One of these days I may have to get back into it unless I have friends who will let me mooch some off of them.

to say its a way of population control is funny cuse why if we kill them to keep there population under control. why cant some person go and kill a human its no different we are over populated and running out of reserves and food so why can't we kill people to keep our population under control.

Give it time lol.

Completely agree with you Jade, that is, unless the person is eating the animal they kill. If they hunt for the thrill of the kill then I fight it completely wrong.

Except for those who live in the middle of nowhere, hunting these days is more of a recreational activity than a means of getting food. Farms can produce their own food, along with extras to sell and distribute to towns. That being said, I'm not against hunting in moderation. In places where deer lack natural predators, their population can explode, and in some cases encroach human settlements. In that situation, I think it's acceptable to allow humans to hunt in order to keep their population in check.

Last edited:

The world is getting overpopulated, why don't we go out and kill some people?

Oh, right, because society sees that as wrong yet killing an animal isn't.

You see what I mean? A life is a life, no matter if it is a human life or an animal life. I see a hunter as much as a murderer as someone who goes out and kills another human being. We don't run out and hunt other people to reduce the population so I don't take that excuse to kill animals.

Jade, that's fine, we can agree to disagree. You have your opinion, I have mine. Ahh, freedom. And like I've said before, I don't hunt, I've never hunted, and I don't have the desire to hunt. I'll wait for someone who actually DOES hunt to step in and defend their hobby. I'm indifferent to it and that's the bottom line.

Yes, I'm watching wrestling right now haha.