Official TRMK Tier Rankings: YOU Vote!

Re: Official TRMK Tier Rankings - YOU Vote!

Here's my list, borrowing Vulcan's format:

S tier

Raiden: 9.5
Kano: 9.5
Johnny Cage: 9
Kung Lao: 9
Ermac: 9
Nightwolf: 9

A tier:

Reptile: 8.5
Sub-Zero: 8.5
Sindel: 8
Kitana: 8
Kabal: 8
Mileena: 8
Shang: 7.5
Noob: 7.5
Liu kang: 7.5
Cyrax: 7.5
Scorpion: 7
Sonya: 7
Stryker: 7
Jade: 7

B tier:

Cyber Sub-Zero: 6.5
Quan Chi: 6.5
Jax: 6.5
Smoke: 6
Baraka: 6
Sektor: 5
Sheeva: 5

great idea 13 just hope it keeps on track and vulcan 100% agree

Reptile: 9.5
Sub-Zero: 9.5
i'm new with reptile but sub zero is the best ninja in this game.
and scorpion is my favorite ninja.

scorpion 7.0
ermac 8.0 to 8.5
noob 8.5

Last edited:
Here's my list, borrowing Vulcan's format:

S tier

Nightwolf: 9

A tier:

B tier:

Cyber Sub-Zero: 6.5

Guys seriously just please wait the 3 days. I'm not gonna go from page to page every 3 days. Just be patient please. Thanks.

Heck I'll just put my score for all characters right away:

S tier

Shang Tsung: 9.5
Johnny Cage: 9.5
Sub-Zero: 9
Kano: 9
Cyber Sub-Zero: 9
Kitana: 9

A tier:

Sindel: 8.5
Nightwolf: 8.5
Noob: 8
Scorpion: 7.5

B tier:

Stryker: 6.5
Jade: 6

But if 5 is litteraly "average" then A tier should be full of 5s and bottom tier should be 1s and 3s. I might have to change some numbers..
Um, could you explain to me why Kitana is S tier? I've played as her, and she just feels so stiff to me.

scorpion is my least favourite. newbies cant use him right. he's good when good players control him but other than that he's just another annoying obstacle u have 2 pass. i give him a 5/10

REPTILE 0009 said:
Um, could you explain to me why Kitana is S tier? I've played as her, and she just feels so stiff to me.
Honestly, I just took Nightwolf out of S tier and replaced him with Kitana for one simple reason: I've not seen a dominant Nightwolf so far in tournaments. As opposed to Kitana. We've seen some great players like Konqrr (who just made top 8 at Revelations) show off Kitana's potential. She has everything needed to deal and compete with S tier characters. That's why I put her there.

Sorry 13. I thought doing that would actually help you since you're doing this in only one thread but I can understand why you want us to wait 3 days.

Ermac: (8 )
Nightwolf: (8 )
Mileena: (9)
Liu kang: (8 )
Cyber Sub-Zero: (7.5)
Jax: (7.5)
Smoke: (7)
Baraka: (7)
Sektor: (6.5)
Sheeva: (7.5)[/QUOTE]

13thorder wants us to express our opinion only about Scorpion for now, if you do not listen to him he won't be able to track the votes.

Scorpion : 8

I think he is very good, his specials are very effective and doesn't have really bad matchups.

"Um, could you explain to me why Kitana is S tier? I've played as her, and she just feels so stiff to me."

O.G can answer that O.G were are u she puts me on my ass every time the best kitana I've ever fought.

oh damn sry 13
scorpion if used right 9.0 but if spammed 5.0

Last edited:
I think it would be hard to make an accurate contribution to this tier list unless you were at least very good to excellent with ALL the characters and have played every possible matchup multiple times after you've achieved this level of experience. So Mortal Kombat would essentially have to be your full time job...which would be a pretty sweet job.

It would probably be easier to comment on matchups, since this is sometimes pretty obvious even for beginners, but that would be quite the long project.

Not saying the list won't be fun to make though.

awesome idea. However if you give 3 days per character, it would take well over 3 months to finalize the tier list. You could start putting three charcters to vote from next time onwards so that it would be finished within a month and wont be too cumbersome either.

6/10 for scorpion from me.

I think it would be hard to make an accurate contribution to this tier list unless you were at least very good to excellent with ALL the characters and have played every possible matchup multiple times after you've achieved this level of experience. So Mortal Kombat would essentially have to be your full time job...which would be a pretty sweet job.

It would probably be easier to comment on matchups, since this is sometimes pretty obvious even for beginners, but that would be quite the long project.

Not saying the list won't be fun to make though.

True, but this isn't going to be an end-all tier list for pros everywhere, at leas how I see it. This thread seems to me like a nice quick reference guide.

Scorpion to me is a 6.5-7. He's pretty easy to pick up and play with some good specials and strong normals. 1,1,1 offers frame advantage and can be cancelled into his Leg Takedown for a mix-up or his Spear move to lead into a bigger combo. His EX Spear has armor and can put a damper on rushdown characters or jump-ins and get him out of pressure. His teleport isn't the best in the game, but it does a good job of disrupting zoners and works as an easy "win now" button against noob-ish spammers. His Hellfire isn't terribly damaging (7%), but it acts as good disruption and can really frustrate newer players (I was one of them lol).

Casual players or those new to the game are gonna have some problems getting around him with any character. Once you get more used to the game then his good and bad match-ups become more apparent. From what I've seen, a good wake-up game can really throw Scorpion off. Guys like Raiden and Johnny Cage can make it hard for Scorpion to keep up the pressure. Ermac is also very dangerous against Scorpion, especially if he gets space early.

I haven't touched the game in weeks but I'm pretty happy to see Kano getting these rave reviews. <3

Immortal Reaver said:
*facepalm*

Tier lists are not about opinions, they are based on fact.
Well, to be fair most of them are based on assumptions and hypothetical/theories. So any tier list is somewhat opionated. Even the official ones by iplaywinner or eventhubs. It's just that a pro's opinion weights a lot more in the balance than casual players that only play online.

Example: When SSF4 was all knew, a lot of pros assumed that Ken would be godlike because of his amazing kara-throw and mixups. But then people discovered how to option select so Ken ended up being high-mid tier at best.

That's why I said a tier list without a matchup chart of any kind isn't worth much.

Still a fun idea to have a community tier list though. :)

Last edited:
Raiden = god tier

supahman fly is teh bestes attack evars

Kewl stohri broo.

Anyway,

Scorpion: 4
Liu Kang: 6.5
Kung Lao: 8
Sub-Zero: 4
Sindel: 4
Ermac: 7
Reptile: 7.5
Kitana: 4
Johnny Cage: 8.5
Mileena: 2
Jade: 5
Nightwolf: 9.5
Cyrax: 7
Noob: 5
Smoke: 5
Sektor: 3
Sonya Blade: 4
Jax: 3
Kano: 8
Stryker: 6
Shang Tsung: 9
Baraka: 3
Kabal: 7
Raiden: 8.5
Skarlet: 4.5
Kratos: 6.5
Cyber Sub-Zero: 6
Sheeva: 2
Quan Chi: 4

Edit: Added Skarlet

Last edited:
I'd say in the right hands Scorpion is between a 7.5 and an 8.0. He is basically one zoning move away from a 9.0. I'm a decent player with him, but he simply lacks a defensive close range counter to make him a truly top tier char. I've found my most effective play style with him is to keep the opponents at a distance and off balance. Oddly enough, he's very competent against zone characters the likes of Noob thanks to his spear and hell fire.

Scorpion is good if you're able to play very randomly with him. Most people will have a tendency during matches to fall into certain habits, and if you do that with Scorpion you're very likely going to get punished hard. Since human beings aren't random number generators, there's always going to be that factor of the enemy trying to read you. And you'll find that over the course of a match, since Scorpion only has 4 special moves, the other guy will have an easier time reading you than you have reading him. (never mind that so many players play him that most people know how to adapt - since we're talking tier lists here which means the rating should be given with a good player against another good player in mind, so I think we can ignore people being used to noobish tactics with Scorpion).

Another thing is that both Scorpion's 50/50's against zoners (teleport and hellfire) are very easily punished when you choose the wrong one. His spear is also easily punished with either a projectile or a jump over, which if it does get punished alot during a match you will feel disinclined to use it which means your only combo's are going to come from chaining into the spear rather than starting from it, which makes it very hard to do good damage over the course of a match. However, Scorpion's EX spear has armor and breaks other projectiles, but this still means you have to waste meter everytime you want to get a combo off and if the other guy jumps you miss it. The only redeeming factor is that you catch people with it when they come down after a jump and get in a combo, which is actually very good. His takedown I have nothing against. That's simply a very good move, no questions asked.

And one last point against Scorpion is that he's a high risk/high reward player. Because of this, it's very unlikely that someone will make it far with him in a tournament because eventually the odds get stacked against you. It's simple mathematics. If you play enough players, eventually someone will guess right too many times and you loose.

With that in mind, he gets a 4.5 from me. And yes, I know I have him in my avatar. Sorry, Scorps :)