Mortal Kombat downloading update error tripple beap crash

xujploxjux

I have no clue where to post this but i guess it is kind of DLC?

So, ANYWAYS..... title says all but i will go into detail.

Steps on how this happens :

1) Turn on ps3, auto sign in happens, wait for everything to settle and stuff, internets on, space on my hard drive.

2) Press x on the mortal kombat disc in my ps3 (newly bought, no scratches)

3) It goes to a black screen, then goes to the press x to update screen to 1.01

4) Says please wait... for a few seconds then the playstation tripple beaps and restarts.

I have tried this lots of times and im getting ***** off there are no error codes and idk what to do. Can some one help please?

Sorry to break it to you bro, but I think your Blu-ray drive is crapping out :|

it does sound like you blu ray laser crapped out....what you could do to prevent this from happening again is to try installing the game to your HD so it wont use the blu-ray laser so much...i always install the game im playing to most to my HD so it wont mess up my dvd laser in my xbox...its happend to me once before.

it does sound like you blu ray laser crapped out....what you could do to prevent this from happening again is to try installing the game to your HD so it wont use the blu-ray laser so much...i always install the game im playing to most to my HD so it wont mess up my dvd laser in my xbox...its happend to me once before.

Since when can PS3 install disc-based games on the HDD unless it's available in the Store????

Zordon ps3 version doesn't have the install for some reason. @major logan he means the install that some bigger games do so they can access info quicker. Op does it load if you don't update?

I think maybe your HDD went bad or has bad sektors try formating the hard drive, or turn your ps3 on, and then put your finger over the power button and hold it there untill you here the beeps, then turn the ps3 back on see if that helps.
If not, then, Sony wins "FATALITY"

1) Turn on ps3, auto sign in happens, wait for everything to settle and stuff, internets on, space on my hard drive.

4) Says please wait... for a few seconds then the playstation tripple beaps and restarts.

I have tried this lots of times and im getting ***** off there are no error codes and idk what to do. Can some one help please?

I had this problem with Tekken 6, and what you're going to want to do is look on the disc for a tiny smudge.... and just clean it off.... and then proceed with the install.

Well, that's how I solved my problem, at least.

I think maybe your HDD went bad or has bad sektors try formating the hard drive, or turn your ps3 on, and then put your finger over the power button and hold it there untill you here the beeps, then turn the ps3 back on see if that helps.

Sony rarely ever wins. :(

Hhahaa... "FatalitY"... hahha

:p

The game actually installs parts of itself during gameplay on your hard-drive. Go take a look at your game data, I'm sure there is a gigabyte or two of MK there already. Finish it off, launch the game again. Just don't kill your save game data=)

If it doesn't help, there is a high probability you have hardware issues. Or maybe something happened to Netherrealm/Sony servers in the last week.

Well, since this happens when trying to update, I dont think it's your bluray lens.

Delete any MK9 data you have on the PS3. It's under Game Data within the games section of XMB. My guess is that it tried to install, somehow a connection or transfer error occured and you're left with incomplete data.

That's why it goes wrong.

To check your bluray lens, disconnect the ps3 from internet and launch the game. It can't find the update without an internet connection.
So, if the game launches without being connected, you should delete the MK Game data. :)

I had that same problem all you have to do is when the update pop up press O to cancel out and the game will load then go to online it will ask you to sign in do that and will make you update now the patch should install.

I had this same problem, all I had to do was delete something off of my hard drive, delete a demo or something that you don't play anymore.

I believe I was at, or near max HDD usage, after I deleted my Motorstorm demo I was able to download the patch and was good to go.

i had this same problem yesterday all i did was turn off system then turn back on and it worked just fine after

When you turn on your ps3, sign out. then go on to mortal kombat, let it load. then sign in. the update message should pop up and you should be able to do it.

This. I tried 3 times to update and it kept resetting, so I said NO to the update, loaded MK, selected Online, forced signin and then downloaded patch no prob.

my bad i thought you could install games to the ps3. i really only use my Ps3 as a bluray player and only played one game for it.