Liu Kang Thread - "Face Me, In Mortal Kombat!"

I have made up some combos (which I don't remember atm.) that use b1, bicycle kick as the ender. It kind of demands practise because the input is strange. When you press the BACK in b1, you use that BACK as the first of the 2 in bicycle kick. Sounds confusing but actually works, any toughts on this?

I've never tried it. I'll try it next time I play.

New combo I made up (by accident too lol :D)

b+312,dash f+2,4,X-ray, (from here you can do a number of things like a Bicycle Kick,more juggle combos etc etc...)

Edit:

I'll put it up.

Cool, you put my combos up, Im glad they were helpful.

Glad to help :).

i'm beginning to play Liu Kang again..i come in here looking for advice but this is probably the smallest character thread here in trmk...how come other character thread reach over five pages but there's only two pages for this one??? i hope people would put up more videos and strategies... btw very good thread :)

IMO, I feel like people don't even take the time to get good with Liu Kang. All they do is the two same juggle kombos and zone. I actually take the time to kome up with strategies on situations. Their solution is the juggles. :l

Just thought I'd point out that u have a combo up there that has wrong percentage. The one that says

J+1 213 12b1 bicycle kick. It shouldn't be 37%, it should be 30.

Honestly, some of those combos are pointless and the ones with the ones that start with the dragon stance can't be pull off because the other player will end up seeing it and hit you.

ok i have a problem lol..i main Cyrax, Mileena, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage and Sub-Zero..i thought i know Johnny Cage enough but every time i pick Liu Kang and someone pick Johnny Cage, i usually have a hard time..because in close combat, Cage's combo have priority or just faster than Liu kang...i just don't know how to deal with Cage when in close distant so usually if i beat Cage, it's because i play "stay away" by spamming Liu Kang's fire projectile..but that's a boring way to win and it doesn't show much skills...so how do you guys deal with Johnny Cage when you're Liu kang?

Liu Kang has always been one of my top 5 characters in Mortal Kombat. I was kinda bummed when they killed him off in Deadly Alliance. His moves are easy to pull off, you can show somebody how to play Mortal Kombat with Liu Kang, and they can do pretty well.

ok i have a problem lol..i main Cyrax, Mileena, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage and Sub-Zero..i thought i know Johnny Cage enough but every time i pick Liu Kang and someone pick Johnny Cage, i usually have a hard time..because in close combat, Cage's combo have priority or just faster than Liu kang...i just don't know how to deal with Cage when in close distant so usually if i beat Cage, it's because i play "stay away" by spamming Liu Kang's fire projectile..but that's a boring way to win and it doesn't show much skills...so how do you guys deal with Johnny Cage when you're Liu kang?

I'm surprize you can even win like that. I go up against DCP and Mike Riazy, best JCs btw. I try to zone them but it doesn't work. Johnny's orb thingy would hit me. Don't try to jump towards JC either. He'll do his kick.

Smart thing to do is dash block dash block till you'll feel safe. Then, do one of his juggle combos. Hopefully, that'll working.

Liu Kang is my favorite character in the MK series! When I was really young though, my bro & I watched MK: Defenders of the Realm, & at that time Sonya was my favorite. But now, I look at all of the Mortal Kombat series & I see that Liu Kang is a hardcore badass!

He beats the crap out of that gay guy Shang Tsung in the Academy, he win the heart of Kitana, he turns into a dragon, he kills Shao Kahn & he's Asian! I don't care what haters actually say about him, I want him in MK10 - ready to kick ass & maybe kiss Kitana! :fight: --> :knuddel:

LIU KANG FTW!!!

Sup Guys :D So I was surfing the web the other day and bumped into this video It gets in to detail on how to use Liu Kang. Check it out

Sup Guys :D So I was surfing the web the other day and bumped into this video It gets in to detail on how to use Liu Kang. Check it out

Wow man, thanks for this. I was looking for a proper and illustrative guide on Liu Kang, especially since Ill be maining him in an oncoming local tournament. I can't believe it was made by Warlock though lol. But yea, major props to him, this is so far the best guide (video or otherwise) I have seen so far. Really awesome!