Sub-Zero's Corner Game

3mag5num7

Ok, so I was online today and had a mix of wins and losses, but the last two matches of the day stood out to me. The first one, I got the guy into the corner with 75-80% of his health left and killed him in that corner. The two combo variations I use in the corner are the only two I really know, lol. First: 2,1,4, Ice Ball, 2,1,4, Slide (31-36% I can't remember right now for some reason). Second: 2,1,4, Ice Ball, 2,1,4 X-Ray (50%). When I got this guy into the corner I kept hitting him with the first half of that combo. Chip damage, chip damage, ~30% combo, chip damage, 50% combo, death. He could not for the life of him get away from my pressure.

The next game, different opponent, similar results. I got him in the corner in the second round and wailed on him.

Now, my question is this: how good is Sub-Zero's corner game perceived to be? I was never under the impression that it was bad, but it's not on-par with guys like Liu Kang and Raiden. I know some of what happened is probably that my opponents were inexperienced or caught off-guard, or whatever, but that made me wonder. Has anyone else had experience with Sub-Zero's corner game that let them lock guys down like that or was it more of a fluke?

Sub Zero's corner game is one of the best if not the best corner game overall.

Not only can he dish out high damage but he can also keep you there the entire match.

Not only can he dish out high damage but he can also keep you there the entire match.

That's badass lol. I've never focused on learning good corner combos since I've been trying to learn the other fundamentals first, but once I did I realized I was having pretty good success with it lol. Being able to throw down a good Ice Clone out of Sub's 2,2,4 and B+1,2 strings is really nice too. Makes it's hard for non-teleporters to get away. I'll have to keep at it lol.

If they try to teleport behind you, punish on reaction with 2,2,iceball,214 EX slide.

Remember to enhance your slide to put them back in the corner.

Yea if you have some one in the corner with Sub his ice clones can just keep u stuck in that corner if they teleport block and throw and they are back in the corner

If they try to teleport behind you, punish on reaction with 2,2,iceball,214 EX slide.

Remember to enhance your slide to put them back in the corner.

Definitely, thanks for that one. I'd figured the EX Slide would be a good way to put them back in the corner, but a naked EX Slide wouldn't be nearly as solid. =)