Tekken Thread: All things Tekken related

Re: Tekken 6

From merely what ive seen its about more mind games and a tiny bit more technical. But ivge never played so no ideaXD

Well there are a few characters that are noob friendly. That being Eddy Gordo, Christie, and Lili.

Characters that are my favorites and that I just love using are Lei Wulong, Zafina, Xiaoyou, Lili, Asuka, Alisa, Raven, and Kazuya.

Tekken 6 is of course way more technical than MK9. Even more technical than the Street Fighter games. Takes a lot of time just to get good at. Plus if you plan on using the mishimas like Kazuya, and Heihachi you better practice mastering that EWGF.

I would use Jin Kazama, or Yoshimitsu. I love how like Yoshimitsu has crazy mix-ups. And Jin has many good kcombos that he retained from Tekken 5.

tekken is much more technical and harder than. so many factora are in tekken, bound combos, wall combos, stage fall combos, okizeme. a lot man. tekken is NOT for noobs and u can't spam in this game. everything mk has, tekken has but more technical. throw teching in mk is easy, jus press a button on time. but in tekken, its easier becuz the tech window is huge but u harder becuz u have to kno which button to press. mk has breakers, tekken doesn't, and tekken combos are way more dangerous the mk combos as they lead to walls and stage falls, which lead into more combos. tekken has high, low parries. mk comeback factor is the xray but tekkens comeback factor is rage, and its dangerous becuz while in rage your 1.5x stronger and can ko someone in one combo regardless of health. I kno this seems like a lot, but this is only half of it. I'm insanely good in tekken and I can say the competition level is much higher than mk. anybody can win in mk...not so much in tekken

Eddy and Christie are really noob friendly. Jin and Kazuya are also fairly easy too. I enjoy using Zafina and Hwoarong though because I love their fighting style.

let's just say that tekken is easier to get into than mk but harder to master.

tekken is much more technical and harder than. so many factora are in tekken, bound combos, wall combos, stage fall combos, okizeme. a lot man. tekken is NOT for noobs and u can't spam in this game. everything mk has, tekken has but more technical. throw teching in mk is easy, jus press a button on time. but in tekken, its easier becuz the tech window is huge but u harder becuz u have to kno which button to press. mk has breakers, tekken doesn't, and tekken combos are way more dangerous the mk combos as they lead to walls and stage falls, which lead into more combos. tekken has high, low parries. mk comeback factor is the xray but tekkens comeback factor is rage, and its dangerous becuz while in rage your 1.5x stronger and can ko someone in one combo regardless of health. I kno this seems like a lot, but this is only half of it. I'm insanely good in tekken and I can say the competition level is much higher than mk. anybody can win in mk...not so much in tekken
This is precisely why I want to get it. While MK is fun to master its still not as technical as tekken. Now that Mk has gotten me into the fighter scene I think I can be more patient with fighters:p Im probably going to do story first anyways, then ill test out a lot of people.

As a huge fan of Tekken, I have introduced many people to the game and have observed a few characters that are great to pick up if you're just starting out, so I'll list 5 for you and why

1. Lili: She's got very flashy combos that are easy to pull off, no stances to worry about, and she has a fantastic side step attack. Many pros use her, but it doesn't mean she's hard to learn. She's really fast so it's easy to get out of tight spots

2. Leo: He/She was designed with newer players in mind. Leo's attacks have an awesome natural flow (Leo uses Bai Ji Quan, so lots of step punches), and has both speed and strength

3: Paul Phoenix: While he does have a few stance based attacks, Paul is an absolute powerhouse. Lots of heavy damage single hits and his strings are straight forward. He's also got a few command throws which would be good for practice before moving on to more complex characters.

4: Bryan Fury: He's not the easiest character to learn, but some of his bigger hits and combos are easy inputs. If you end up liking the character he's got a deep movelist worth diving into. Not to mention he's just a total badass. If you want to see what he's capable of just check out Knee, he's probably one of the best Tekken players period, and easily the best Bryan user.

5: Jack: Like Paul, he's got a simple moveset and tons of single hits that deal out big damage. He's got at least 3 unblockables, but he is a pretty big target so you have to be careful. He's also got some solid punches that are great for pushing his opponent away that are safe on block too!

Hopefully this list helped, and of coarse you're more than welcome to play any character you please. These are just the 5 I think will help you learn the mechanics of the game easiest with and you can figure out their moves pretty easily. I'm a King user myself, but I don't recommend jumping in with him. He took me a few years to finally get the hang of, and even so he's still a hard character to set up his devastating combos with.

And despite all I told you here, I used none of these characters to learn the game. I've been playing since Tekken 3, and started off with Hwoarang (he uses Tae Kwon Do, which I used to practise in real life, so I thought it was perfect haha), but he is NOT made for new players. So needless to say, you're welcome to disregard this list, but expect to get your ass kicked a few times if you start with a more challenging character.

Hope this helped!

And despite all I told you here, I used none of these characters to learn the game. I've been playing since Tekken 3, and started off with Hwoarang (he uses Tae Kwon Do, which I used to practise in real life, so I thought it was perfect haha), but he is NOT made for new players. So needless to say, you're welcome to disregard this list, but expect to get your ass kicked a few times if you start with a more challenging character.

Hwoarang was my favorite in Tekken 3 too. I played him up until Tekken six. I'd say I have about 3% of him mastered

Well there are a few characters that are noob friendly. That being Eddy Gordo, Christie, and Lili.
I agree with this, I really hate fighting Lili's & Alisa's

You can't go wrong with paul phoenix in my experience.
Paul can really spank. Michelle Chang is the best one in the roster though well IMHO
What I would recommend doing after setting up your controller the way you like but before anything else is to pick one character and spend a day or two in practice mode just going down the command list make sure you do every single one several times just pick a move and do it like 25 times in a row until it becomes second nature, then fight the cpu and try and figure out the best applications of these moves on different opponents. If you want to get serious about it you can look up frame data as well but it's not necessary for casual play.
When you go online you will lose a lot! like sometimes you'll blink for a split second and lose but don't get discouraged and don't worry about that w/l ratio its meaningless.

Tekken 6 was probably one of the most disappointing fighting games I've ever played.

I mean the gameplay is great, no debating that on this end.

Its everything else that was sad.
Weak endings, crap story, terrible campaign mode, mostly the same costumes, neutering offline players (Only gain ranks from online) and lack of modes.

It really should have been called Tekken 5 and a 1/2.

Customization was better though :p

Diehard Tekken fan btw :)

Tekken 6 was probably one of the most disappointing fighting games I've ever played.

I mean the gameplay is great, no debating that on this end.

Its everything else that was sad.
Weak endings, crap story, terrible campaign mode, mostly the same costumes, neutering offline players (Only gain ranks from online) and lack of modes.

It really should have been called Tekken 5 and a 1/2.

Customization was better though :p

Diehard Tekken fan btw :)
From what I gather the whole juggle system was revamped adding a whole new dimension of tactics some people love it some hate it. To me it seems like Tekken 2's Tekken3 Tekken5 is tekken2 and tekken6 is tekken3 that's how different they are, to me anyways. make sense right? thought so.

I agree with this, I really hate fighting Lili's & Alisa's

Paul can really spank. Michelle Chang is the best one in the roster though well IMHO
What I would recommend doing after setting up your controller the way you like but before anything else is to pick one character and spend a day or two in practice mode just going down the command list make sure you do every single one several times just pick a move and do it like 25 times in a row until it becomes second nature, then fight the cpu and try and figure out the best applications of these moves on different opponents. If you want to get serious about it you can look up frame data as well but it's not necessary for casual play.
When you go online you will lose a lot! like sometimes you'll blink for a split second and lose but don't get discouraged and don't worry about that w/l ratio its meaningless.
That is exactly what I did. Of course I have been doing this since SC2 so Most of the commands are pretty easy for me. I actually won my first online match but the rest I lost. I enjoyed every second of it though, and i at least can win a round or 2 on everyone.

my copy broke but I want to buy it again before ttt2 comes out the inputs are ALWAYS the same for the characters but it's hard to find here in mexico, I totaly agree on christy/eddy being noob freindly
awesome matchmaking btw

This a troll thread lol?no offence..but exciting ? are you kidding me ? T6 was the most painful boring ass game to watch at Evo with i think the least views, even damn BBlue was more exciting, bob vs law and bob vs bob was the entire top 8, more technical than MK? MORE TECHNICAL THAN SF ?! hahah, what in the hell are you people smoking.

This a troll thread lol?no offence..but exciting ? are you kidding me ? T6 was the most painful boring ass game to watch at Evo with i think the least views, even damn BBlue was more exciting, bob vs law and bob vs bob was the entire top 8, more technical than MK? MORE TECHNICAL THAN SF ?! hahah, what in the hell are you people smoking.
Chill dude, Try respecting people's opinions rather than instigating a flame war. You obviously don't know how the game mechanics work and how the game is played. I suggest you do more research rather than base yourself on a single tournament. :laugh: