Raiden Thread - 'Thunder Take You!'

I hate you with a passion now Flagg...

Jk :love:

But Seriously though, It's so hard to ball on reaction after a teleport.. You have to do the input in the Direct that he teleports in, or if the Raiden player is to slow to make a move after the teleport you can grab him.

One of my least favorite match ups to deal with, 1st comes Cage :|

It's his teleport that is really good in this match up, plus 33 punishes blocked rolls and delayed telekicks into sais. Also, if you anticipate a telekick, everyone can dash forward to avoid it, and as a consequence a telekick will also whiff if he is does his B32. She has to get a good life lead on him and then try and lame it out.

Im just sticking with 3 characters now, Raiden, CSZ and Ermac, all are good against Mileena.

Mileena along with Cage used to be problem characters for me, but no longer. It's just that green shit Reptile problem that I need to solve now.

The key to Cage is laming the guy out. If im CSZ, im quite confident in this match up. I just make mine fields and force him to move or react.

Mileena blows up Reptile so I'm all good, but Cage is my problem.. She has no Armor on ANY of her EX specials so I'm forced to guess right or take the chip, I could resort to laming it out and controlling space with Sais and iafs but I'm not comfortable doing that, Reading my opponent and keeping the pressure on them is where I shine.

What about the Raiden v Sub match up, What are your thoughts on it? I've never put my Sub up against a good Raiden yet.

Mileena blows up Reptile so I'm all good, but Cage is my problem.. She has no Armor on ANY of her EX specials so I'm forced to guess right or take the chip, I could resort to laming it out and controlling space with Sais and iafs but I'm not comfortable doing that, Reading my opponent and keeping the pressure on them is where I shine.

What about the Raiden v Sub match up, What are your thoughts on it? I've never put my Sub up against a good Raiden yet.

I'd say it's in Raiden's favor since he can zone Sub fullscreen with his projectile and can punish an ice clone by teleporting on a good read.

I'd say it's in Raiden's favor since he can zone Sub fullscreen with his projectile and can punish an ice clone by teleporting on a good read.

Both points are true, but you still have to factor in trading with projectile zoning. I have a feeling Raiden can escape Sub's corner game a lot easier since he can Teleport on wake up and it's fast.

I think he beats SZ. Csz on the other hand is the Raiden destroyer! I think Kitana and Sonya are tough matches for him.

Sorry for being late to the party. Here's little video that I made while using Raiden from my few hours gameplay session.

P.S. Online is still terrible and laggy as fck.