Raiden Thread - 'Thunder Take You!'

Jade

Raiden

Thunder Take You!

Raiden_mk9-.png

Raiden is the eternal God of Thunder and former protector of Earthrealm.

Info

Spoiler:
Bio

Spoiler:

Species: God
Resides: Earthrealm
Origin: Heavens
Alignment: Good/Neutral

After the second defeat of Shinnok, he ascended to the status of Elder God. Being a god, he possesses many supernatural abilities, such as the ability to teleport, control lightning and fly. As a god, he is used to thinking in terms of eternity rather than normal human lifespans, and as such he has a radically different outlook on life.

MK9 Story

Spoiler:
Raiden is the God of Thunder and Protector of Earthrealm. Ageless and wise beyond measure, he leads Earthrealm's mortals in the endless battle against the forces of darkness. When Shao Kahn, Emperor of Outworld, threatened to merge his realm with Earthrealm, an overwhelmed Raiden implored the Elder Gods to give Earthrealm a fighting chance. Thus the Mortal Kombat tournament was created. For millennia Shao Kahn has been kept at bay, but nine consecutive losses to Goro have eroded hope that Earthrealm can be saved. Determined to prevent Armageddon, Raiden tirelessly quests to find a champion worthy of Mortal Kombat.

MK9 Ending

Spoiler:

Input Keys
Spoiler:
F - Forward
D - Down
B - Back
U - Up
1 - FP (Front Punch)
2 - BP (Back Punch)
3 - FK (Front Kick)
4 - BK (Back Kick)

Basic Moves
Spoiler:
Uppercut: Crouch + BP
Static Touch: B + BP
Gut Strike: F + BP
Side Kick: B + FK
Spinning Kick: F + FK
Heel Smash: F + BK
Sweep: B + BK
Throw (Away): Throw
Throw (Towards): F + Throw

Special Moves

Spoiler:
Lightning Bolt: D, B, FP
Shocker: D, F, BP
Teleport: D, U
Vicinity Blast: D, B, BP
Torpedo: B, F, FK

Enhanced Moves

Spoiler:
Bolt: Crouch, B, FP + Block
Shocker: Crouch, F, BP, Back Punch + Block
Thunder Fly: B, F, FK + Block (Can be done in the air)
Untamed Fury: F, B, FK + Block
Sparkport: Crouch, Jump + Block
Vicinity Burst: Crouch, B, BP + Block

Tags

Spoiler:
Tag Specials

Spoiler:
Tag Attack: Crouch, F + Tag
Tag Assist: Crouch, B + Tag

Fast Tags

Spoiler:
Distant Thunder: FK, FK, BK, Tag
Elder Fury: B + FK, FK, BP, Tag
God Fist: F + BP, BK, Tag

Tag Combos

Spoiler:
Godlike: BP, BP, Tag
Supernatural: B + BP, F + FP, Tag
Divine Power: F + BP, FK, Tag

X-Ray

Spoiler:
Shock Therapy: Flip Stance + Block

Fatalities/Babality

Spoiler:
Just A Scratch: D, F, D, F, FP (jump distance)
Transplant: B, F, F, D, BK (close distance)
Stage Fatality: D, D, D, BP (distance varies, depends on the stage)
Babality: D, B, D, BK

Combos

Spoiler:
Heavenly Hand FP, BP, FP, BP
Sudden Energy: BP, BP, F + FP
White Lightning: BP, BP, B + BK
Violent Thunder: B + BP, F + FP, FP + BP
Quick Burn: F + BP, BK
Flash Storm: F + BP, FK, FP + BP
Spark Kicks: FK, FK, BK
Thunder God: B + FK, FP, BP

39%, Midscreen, No X-Ray

42%, Corner Combo, X-Ray

48%, Midscreen, X-Ray

53%, No X-Ray

*reserved*

Going to fix it up and add more to it, gotta go to bed because I should have been in bed hours ago but was working on this so I guess it's another 5 hour sleep night <.<

If I messed up on anything, let me know, it's late and I am tired =)

awesome, i was just looking for a raiden thread half an hour ago lol. i think its better if u write out the combos but the videos are a nice touch for more advanced players that already know his combos.

any good BnB combos that DONT need precise timing like the 3,3,4, teleport, shock? because after the teleport u need like perfect timing to do the shock and its not practical in an online match... so far my most practical one is 3,3,4, teleport, superman

Last edited:
Can you put the Xbox Puton layout there plzz i don't know what 1 2 3 4 means is it 1-x 2-y 3-b 4-a If is not it be nices to have a xbox 360 Puton layout Thanx

I'm new here, but I had to chime in about my man, Raiden.

As online lag slows down the game, Raiden becomes somewhat limited as to routinely dishing out meaty kombos. The best BnB kombo I can regularly perform is a corner: 3,3,4, buffered high spark, (strictly timed) shock, buffered torpedo. It is possible to replace torpedo with 1, high spark for more damage, but a little trickier to pull off.

As far as mid-screen, I have the most success with b3,1,2,torpedo, but it does only 18% damage. Sometimes b3,1,2 b3,1,2 works out for more damage, but again, it's not as consistent as finishing with a torpedo.

Agree with Fox on the quote part. And I did this corner combos. You should add it to the custom combos section:

(Corner) B+3, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, Electrocute, F+2, 3, 1+2 - 10 Hits 35%
(Corner) B+3, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, Electrocute, F+2, 3, X-Ray - 13 Hits 43%

Last edited:
Mid screen: B+3 1 2, 3, Shocker, 3 3 4, Super Man (Does about 35% damage)

Also adding a jump in punch with combos like B+3 1 2, 3 3 4, Superman or 3 3 4, Teleport Shocker, B+3 1~ Superman gives an extra 3% to those combos.

I'll have to recheck these in game since I'm going by memory with these percentages.

Strategies:

With Raiden it's good to throw some lightning bolts at your enemy from a distance and then teleport behind them to do a throw or sweep.

Also after a teleport you can do a cross up and do one of his BnB combos on an opponent, it works pretty well.

[These are things I'm trying to do more often with raiden online, but offline I do them all the time]

Last edited:
just saw this thread and clicked on it like an excited japanese schoolgirl:)

anyways a corner combo that i use and am able to pull of 90% off the time online (without lag) and offline is j+1, ex bolts, 334, 334, 1212, shocker, 33 superman. as far as i can remember it does 43% and you can do an x ray after the 33 to do 50+ damage. againts some opponents online though it's tough to do the j+1 and ex bolts at the start of the combo so i just start the combo at the corner with 334 which does about 38% damage.

to get my opponent into the corner i use F+2, 4, superman or B+3, 1,2, 334, electric fly which is very easy to pull off. i would reccommend if someone has trouble with teleporting and continuing combo after it, to keep practicing the 334, tele, shocker 334, superman midscreen combo and eventually you'll get used to it. it is near impossible to pull it off online when it's lagging so i wouldn't recommend it in those situations. 334 combos always end up doing slighty more damage than B+3,1,2, so i would recommend it to the latter.

raiden also only has one combo which hits low as for as i know. this is especially useful if your other combo starters become to predictable as they hit high or mid which the opponent can block standing. it's his 2,2, B+4 which unfortunately is not a combo or juggle starter. i apologise if i've gotten some of my mk linguo incorrect as i bben away from mk for a few weeks now.

Wow this thread is dead, BnB video for y'all

0:00 Kombo 1: Hitconfirm 33%
BPxxBPxxElectrocute, F+BPxxVicinity Blast, fd, FKxxFKxxBKxxElectric Fly

0:08 Kombo 2: Hitconfirm 35%
B+FKxxFPxxBP, B+FKxxFPxxBPxxElectrocute, B+FKxxFPxxElectric Fly

0:17 Kombo 3: Hitconfirm 38%
FKxxFKxxBKxxTeleport, Electrocute, F+BPxxVicinity Blast, fd, FKxxFKxxElectric Fly

0:25 Kombo 4: Overhead 31%
F+BK, fd, B+FKxxFPxxBPxxElectrocute, B+FKxxFPxxElectric Fly

0:34 Kombo 5: Electrocute 30%
Electrocute, F+BPxxVicinity Blast, fd, FKxxFKxxBKxxElectric Fly

0:42 Kombo 6: Neutral-jump 31%
nj.BP, fd, B+FKxxFPxxBPxxElectrocute, B+FKxxFPxxElectric Fly

0:52 Kombo 7: Jump-in 41%
fj.BP, FKxxFKxxBKxxTeleport, Electrocute, F+BPxxVicinity Blast, fd, FKxxFKxxElectric Fly

1:00 Kombo 8: X-Ray 49%
fj.BP, FKxxFKxxBKxxTeleport, Electrocute, F+BPxxVicinity Blast, fd, FKxxFKxxShock Therapy(X-Ray)

1:19 Kombo 9: Float punish 30%
Vicinity Blast, fd, B+FKxxFPxxBPxxElectrocute, B+FKxxFPxxElectric Fly

Imagine my surprise when I went back to mess around with Raiden and found that his combo damage was untouched. His Enhanced specials are basically useless in combos so save that meter to fly through projectiles or for breakers.

If you're having trouble timing the Teleport to Electrocute, you can F+BKxxElectrocute instead to give yourself a larger margin for success. Of course this makes the timing to link Vicinity Blast to FKxxFKxxElectric Fly harder so find what works for you.

Wow this thread is dead, BnB video for y'all

0:00 Kombo 1: Hitconfirm 33%
BPxxBPxxElectrocute, F+BPxxVicinity Blast, fd, FKxxFKxxBKxxElectric Fly

0:08 Kombo 2: Hitconfirm 35%
B+FKxxFPxxBP, B+FKxxFPxxBPxxElectrocute, B+FKxxFPxxElectric Fly

0:17 Kombo 3: Hitconfirm 38%
FKxxFKxxBKxxTeleport, Electrocute, F+BPxxVicinity Blast, fd, FKxxFKxxElectric Fly

0:25 Kombo 4: Overhead 31%
F+BK, fd, B+FKxxFPxxBPxxElectrocute, B+FKxxFPxxElectric Fly

0:34 Kombo 5: Electrocute 30%
Electrocute, F+BPxxVicinity Blast, fd, FKxxFKxxBKxxElectric Fly

0:42 Kombo 6: Neutral-jump 31%
nj.BP, fd, B+FKxxFPxxBPxxElectrocute, B+FKxxFPxxElectric Fly

0:52 Kombo 7: Jump-in 41%
fj.BP, FKxxFKxxBKxxTeleport, Electrocute, F+BPxxVicinity Blast, fd, FKxxFKxxElectric Fly

1:00 Kombo 8: X-Ray 49%
fj.BP, FKxxFKxxBKxxTeleport, Electrocute, F+BPxxVicinity Blast, fd, FKxxFKxxShock Therapy(X-Ray)

1:19 Kombo 9: Float punish 30%
Vicinity Blast, fd, B+FKxxFPxxBPxxElectrocute, B+FKxxFPxxElectric Fly

Imagine my surprise when I went back to mess around with Raiden and found that his combo damage was untouched. His Enhanced specials are basically useless in combos so save that meter to fly through projectiles or for breakers.

If you're having trouble timing the Teleport to Electrocute, you can F+BKxxElectrocute instead to give yourself a larger margin for success. Of course this makes the timing to link Vicinity Blast to FKxxFKxxElectric Fly harder so find what works for you.

Hey can someone tell me how to do the Thorpedo move for Raiden PS3 ??