Online Problems Thread ~ Stats not updating, etc.

Patriot_Infinity

Despite me playing MK9 online in chat lobby rooms, losing, winning, or disconnecting, my damn stats refuse to update. Everything stays at 0/0 and thus any trophies I try to get will not work. My brother who is literally in the next room and on the same connection does not have this or any other problems. I've figured out that the problem is with my PSN ID.

When online, I am also unable to join KotH rooms, yet my brother can. After a match, when I select YES to a rematch, I will get booted to the main menu. At first I thought it was my PS3, but I played on an alternate ID and everything updates and works normally. I signed in on my main ID (the one that wont update) on my brother's PS3 and the same problem arises, so the problem cannot be my connection nor the PS3 itself. Also, my PSN ID is Patriot_Infinity and despite the first two letters of each word being capitalized, online it shows it all lower case. Not a big deal, but still weird.

I bought MK9 and used the Kombat Kode that came with the game on my main ID, so everything is legit. Does anyone know any possible solutions to this? I'd love to be able to build up my stats, join KotH rooms, and get online trophies.

Kombat Pass problem

My friend was trying to get on the other day, and when he tried to go online it said his Kombat Pass wasn't activated, but he redeemed it when he bought the game. Is there any way to fix this problem? Has anyone else encountered this?

Re: Kombat Pass problem

He should try to take the code back to where he bought it and ask for another one if it doesnt work. If that doesnt work than call NetherRealm Studios.

Re: Kombat Pass problem

Yeah everytime he tries it says "you need a kombat pass to access online features" Is there a number for NRS? i tried looking for one, but couldn't find it. He said he emailed WB Games and sent a message to Ed Boon on twitter, but who knows if he'll respond to him

Stats have been reset

Sorry if this was asked before. anyone would know why my stats have been reset? I had 66 wins and 102 losses last nite and today it started from 0?

I play on the xbox btw.

Thanks!

Re: Stats have been reset

Sorry if this was asked before. anyone would know why my stats have been reset? I had 66 wins and 102 losses last nite and today it started from 0?

I play on the xbox btw.

Thanks!

To force you to replay again, and this time, to help you to try to have 102 wins and 66 losses instead !

XD :D

Re: My Stats Will -NOT- Update

Sorry I don't think any one will be able to help you here maybe contact PSN Technical support.

I contacted both PSN technical support as well as WB games. Both of them tell me it's the others fault.

Oh well, you're screwed.

Seriously though, I don't really know. Call back or send them a detailed e-mail.

hmm..

BE HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!
i would be happy i got ur problem ^

Had the same problem one day. Then when I got back on a few days kater it working. So it'll fix itself.

Finally, someone else with the exact same issue as me, right down to the PSN ID being displayed as lowercase. It's good to know I'm not alone in this issue, and I've just sent messages to WB Games and Sony in the hopes I can manage to get some form of a resolution.

Yeah, I only have the stats update issue. It's got an upside. When my stats stopped updating the first week I had the gam, my ratio was horrible (15W/25L). So now everytime I go on I have these losers trying to get high ratios fighting me, and it gives great practice (plus its humiliating to them).

MK9 online region lock problem

I have an asian version of the game and the problem is that i can't play with people from my region. Can this be fixed somehow
(maybe by buying an kombat pass from my region's psn store) or i have to buy a version of my region anyways?

Last edited:
Re: MK9 online region lock problem

Nope ..the only chance to play with friends from another region is buying another MK9 Copy (from the desired region).

I hope they don't build that into MK10 ..but since its in any PS3 MK.., it just sucks ...

Re: MK9 online region lock problem

You mean that is even in mk2 and it will be in MKAK?

yep ..mk2 is also regionlocked ..I HOPE MK-AK isn't going to be ..but my hopes are fading away ..as an EU citizen its bad ..because most people here arent that much into mk like they are in the us ..Mk2 on PSN was almost dead the time I bought it ..today ..u have to arrange fights if u want to fight online. I can see that happen for mk9 ..so I hope they UNLOCK it finally :(

Un-scored online?

Does anyone else wish their was an option to play online with your wins/losses not being scored.
Because alot of times I might have a friend over (who isn't that good) and wants to play MK Online, but I have to tell him, "sorry dude, I don't want to ruin my score"