Shang Tsung Thread - "Your soul Is Mine!!"

Shang has the WORST uppercut in the game!

Why does everyone have different speeds? Sonya, NW and Cage have aweso$e uppercuts.
Ikr? usually, I have to do my uppercut a few seconds right after I do the Ex Ground Skull. However, I hate that everytime I pick Shang Tsung, my oppponent picks Noob Saibot

just been playing with shangs 14 fireball combo... so not worth the metre but man does it look cool!

Today I've spent like 20 mins in the Lab with Shang, Loving this guy (no homo) I got his frame traps down any other tips for a begginerzzz? :)

Last edited:
Today I've spent like 20 mins in the Lab with Shang, Loving this guy (no homo) I got his frame traps down any other tips for a begginerzzz? :)

Occasionally use his 2,2,B+4 combo, it catches people off guard. Also, It is good to start a combo with a forward jump punch so you can start your combo easier.

- People LOVE to counter-pick. Pick a hidden cursor, move to your main (Mileena?) and unhide your cursor. They will think you will play as Mileena for sure, and try a mirror-match. That way when you pick Shang (hidden), you can morph into your main and maybe get a really good damaging combo on them. It doesn't always work, but it's worth a shot. I like playing character select mind games. haha

- Practice learning a bunch of skull variations with block pressure. You can gain some serious meter and decent damage even if they block every hit. Jump in punch 2 2 1 Ground Skull is a one I use a lot.

- Forward 3 4 Soul Steal is pretty much guaranteed because people rarely ever block the low kick.

- People usually think you won't do the same skull twice in a row. If they are full screen, do a mid skull twice. They will usually jump into the second one.

- Go through each character in the game and get at least one decent combo with them for when you morph. I can use every character in the game so Shang Tsung is a great character for me. I random select most of the time when I play and still manage a 5.0+ record against decent or good players.

- People LOVE to counter-pick. Pick a hidden cursor, move to your main (Mileena?) and unhide your cursor. They will think you will play as Mileena for sure, and try a mirror-match. That way when you pick Shang (hidden), you can morph into your main and maybe get a really good damaging combo on them. It doesn't always work, but it's worth a shot. I like playing character select mind games. haha

- Practice learning a bunch of skull variations with block pressure. You can gain some serious meter and decent damage even if they block every hit. Jump in punch 2 2 1 Ground Skull is a one I use a lot.

- Forward 3 4 Soul Steal is pretty much guaranteed because people rarely ever block the low kick.

- People usually think you won't do the same skull twice in a row. If they are full screen, do a mid skull twice. They will usually jump into the second one.

- Go through each character in the game and get at least one decent combo with them for when you morph. I can use every character in the game so Shang Tsung is a great character for me. I random select most of the time when I play and still manage a 5.0+ record against decent or good players.

Thanks Immortal and Kanye, Lol i hate Mileena mirror matches, and i already have a Morph combo with mileena :D

Idk why but at first I hated shang, but after seeing online gameplay and tourney gameplay I had to pick him up...

DetroitBallin And DAT SHANG Omg.. So sick

Would of been cool if they would of released the boss version tsung who could morph in to different people

Would of been cool if they would of released the boss version tsung who could morph in to different people

Yea, He would be the Ultimate trolling character. Just morph into your opponent after you win a Fatality them Lol

trollface.png

I think it would be awesome to be able to morph into anyone at any time. I also like how it is now. I think a lot of noobs would be using him if you could morph into anyone. Lots of people would pick him to morph into Kung Lao, Scorpion, Ermac, etc. If you could morph into anyone I think you should not get a damage boost, but you do for the EX version.

^ Yea, But then again he would be the best character in the game because of that one tool. He could out play everyone on the roster.

in MK2 there was possible mo morph in any character.if i remember correctly.
havent played it for a long time.

Anyone have good strategies for fighting against the Shang Tsung AI in ladder mode with Shang Tsung?

I can't use any of the morph combos because I can't morph into the 4 or 5 people that he morphs into, and he always seems to get the best of me when I use Shang Tsung.

Any suggestions?

Anyone have good strategies for fighting against the Shang Tsung AI in ladder mode with Shang Tsung?

I can't use any of the morph combos because I can't morph into the 4 or 5 people that he morphs into, and he always seems to get the best of me when I use Shang Tsung.

Any suggestions?
Don't worry about morphing do your soul steal to get the damage boost then bust a simple BnB on him this is how i got the double flawless to unlock the hidden jade fight since the fire skull juggle is unbreakable and learn to dash block while your at it :)

Just started to learn a bit more of Tsung. Very fun to play with, and the combo strings are far different than my two other mains (Raiden and Sub). Nice thread, great tips, and that F3, 4 combo is just wicked.

Man, he is a lot harder than I initially thought. I have trouble getting the timing on the B1 2 1 4, DF4, EX DF4... And then when I do get it I need to do DU2, DU4 to get the combo to continue?

Anyways, very fun to play, and that F3 4 combo is awesome. Reminds me of Nightwolfs B3 1 combo.