Music you CANNOT stand

Eh... I don't see what's so genius about Lady Gaga. She does say some extremely intelligent things sometimes, but always manages to say something very dumb to follow it up. And her being the "new face" of feminism... how was that allowed to happen? If a system is still patriarchic and pop music still objectifies women, having a "feminist" singer objectify herself and her followers and then speak of gender issues really muddies the water. Like she'll be talking about a very legitimate thing, such as beauty standards on the bodies of women and how women shouldn't be afraid to own their own bodies and not live up to these litmuses set by the male system, but in the mean time she'll be prancing around naked, dressing provocatively and that objectifies her and her followers and women in general as "sexy pieces of art" or "sex machines" whatever- look at Times Square there are billboards of naked looking women and what not, that's all sexualization and objectification of the woman. With Gaga, instead of having naked women dancing around for men to see and implanting society with more objectification, you have naked women dancing around for men to see and objectification only this time the naked women talk every now and then about gender issues. It doesn't work. It feeds into patriarchy with a misleading label that it's for women and it's good for them. Besides, Gaga's got a huge record label deal. Big label heads want to keep the sexism and status quo to make money, because status quo is the best way to make cash in capitalism. And as for her music? It's not really anything special.

Does it annoy anyone else when people call anything in the metal genre "Screamo"??
As previously mentioned, definitely yes. I don't get it, I think people see the word "scream" and think metal/core because they sometimes have screaming, dunno. Even though very little metal actually has what I call screaming. Growling/shrieking =/= screaming, TOTALLY different technique.

Last edited:
Electronic music and Hip Hop. Rap is ok I guess, I like Eminem but besides that, not much. I especially DESPISE House and very repetitive genres. Seriously, I can't listen to electro house music for more than 10 seconds without hitting someone!

I can stand everything else but I listen mostly to metal, punk, ska, classical and neo-classical. :)

Does it annoy anyone else when people call anything in the metal genre "Screamo"??

screamo is'nt metal metal is way different listen to matalica or black sabbath. for people that dont know. screamo is like big hair bands from the 80s a bunch of lady men for lack of a better term.

for people that dont know. screamo is like big hair bands from the 80s a bunch of lady men for lack of a better term.
I thought screamo was those dumb emo bands that cry and scream like a bunch of little girls.

Well I hate that too. Emo, anything mainstream, girl/boys band etc.

On another note, I hate American Idol. Seriously people, screw that show. The music industry is so far gone these days that I've lost all hope. This year, the two finalists are COUNTRY SINGERS. Talk about boring! I would rather shoot myself in the foot than listen to 2+ hours of "my wife left me, my dog got ran over, some vague train reference, I like alcohol." (basic components of a country "song")

Give me some underground stuff any day.

I thought screamo was those dumb emo bands that cry and scream like a bunch of little girls.

Well I hate that too. Emo, anything mainstream, girl/boys band etc.

yep thats why i mentioned big hair bands from the 80s when they all turned in ballot singers it was eather late 80s to early 90s. then they turned in to little whiny girls.

I also hate death metal bands that all sound alike. A few of them are good and worth listening to, but most of them (just like emo bands and such) sound pretty much the same. Not just the bands, but even the songs. Mainly because they all use the same fast-paced double bass with no rhythm whatsoever, and the vocals are impossible to understand. They have the occasional guitar riff that sets them apart, but that's about it.

I also can't stand Rise Against. Their songs are annoying, repetitve, and the lead singer has a horrible singing voice.

screamo, Modern Pop, Rap, Country, classical, Horrible Covers such as this

stuff i like
Rock, Metal, Spice Girls, Dead or Alive

rip Dio

i kno dumb asses ruin songs that dont need to be fixed.

just a question is that guy black i have bad eyes. if so he's no living color best all aferican american band ever.

Last edited:
I also hate death metal bands that all sound alike. A few of them are good and worth listening to, but most of them (just like emo bands and such) sound pretty much the same. Not just the bands, but even the songs. Mainly because they all use the same fast-paced double bass with no rhythm whatsoever, and the vocals are impossible to understand. They have the occasional guitar riff that sets them apart, but that's about it.

I also can't stand Rise Against. Their songs are annoying, repetitve, and the lead singer has a horrible singing voice.

Death Metal is the most diverse subgenre I know, with the freedom of creativity it allows it's almost hard to find bands that truly sound alike. Also emo? You sure you don't mean scenecore? I want an example of a band you think is death metal haha.
Also no rhythm? Death Metal is all about the rhythm dude, for example Decapitated's Spheres of Madness' intro riff, THAT is a rhythm exercise for the big boys.

Death Metal is the most diverse subgenre I know, with the freedom of creativity it allows it's almost hard to find bands that truly sound alike. Also emo? You sure you don't mean scenecore? I want an example of a band you think is death metal haha.
Also no rhythm? Death Metal is all about the rhythm dude, for example Decapitated's Spheres of Madness' intro riff, THAT is a rhythm exercise for the big boys.

Scenecore? Sorry sir, but I don't pay attention to sub-sub-genres that much. But whatever that is, I don't think I'd like it.

As for death metal being "all about rhythm", maybe you're right. But I haven't cared enough for the genre to listen to too many bands. Maybe I need to hear more of them, but from what I have heard, no band sticks out as unique and innovative.

It all boils down to opinions though. I won't debate over something I don't have much knowledge of, so we'll leave it at that.

Scenecore? Sorry sir, but I don't pay attention to sub-sub-genres that much. But whatever that is, I don't think I'd like it.

As for death metal being "all about rhythm", maybe you're right. But I haven't cared enough for the genre to listen to too many bands. Maybe I need to hear more of them, but from what I have heard, no band sticks out as unique and innovative.

It all boils down to opinions though. I won't debate over something I don't have much knowledge of, so we'll leave it at that.

Yeah I fully understand you probably have no interest in Death Metal whatsoever just you seem to have identified an entirely different genre, let alone subgenre as Death Metal haha. Scenecore isn't a genre, just a blanket term for some Metalcore/Deathcore bands that don't really do their respective genres much justice.

ALL Metal
Goth
Loud rock music that screams on top of their lungs(execpt System of the Down)
Mainstream rap(execpt Drake)
Rap songs that invole a dance
Country

Hell yes, Decapitated is the shit, RIP Vitek