Stryker thread - "Police Brutality Comin' Up!'

Stryker's Xray is one of the weakest in the game:

- The range is very very small, compared to most others.

- It takes a long time to activate after using it, meaning that there is a higher chance the opponent will block or move away. It actually takes so long to hit that they can hit you like 3 times before it kicks in. If they are in the middle of an attack sequence, they are often allowed to continue a few hits and do some damage to you before they get stunned.

- It has no special feature, unlike others that are either instant, full screen ground or a projectile, or unblockable, ect ect.

- It is one of the hardest X-rays to input in a combo. It is extremely rare that you see a player make a "safe hit" with Stryker's Xray.

Though the damage is "okay", but nothing Kano like, and nothing to write home about.

Sorry if this thread is only about praising Stryker, I also main him (honestly I do only play with him atm), but some things just needs to be described honestly, and Strykers Xray is not good, and mostly only useful when they jump towards you, and don't block if they land.

B+1, 2, 2, dash in, 1, 1, X Ray. It's not hard just requires a little timing

Stryker's Xray is one of the weakest in the game:

- The range is very very small, compared to most others.

- It takes a long time to activate after using it, meaning that there is a higher chance the opponent will block or move away. It actually takes so long to hit that they can hit you like 3 times before it kicks in. If they are in the middle of an attack sequence, they are often allowed to continue a few hits and do some damage to you before they get stunned.

- It has no special feature, unlike others that are either instant, full screen ground or a projectile, or unblockable, ect ect.

- It is one of the hardest X-rays to input in a combo. It is extremely rare that you see a player make a "safe hit" with Stryker's Xray.

Though the damage is "okay", but nothing Kano like, and nothing to write home about.

Sorry if this thread is only about praising Stryker, I also main him (honestly I do only play with him atm), but some things just needs to be described honestly, and Strykers Xray is not good, and mostly only useful when they jump towards you, and don't block if they land.

Stryker X-Ray can be used as an anti-air, does really good damage (38%, surpassed only by kano and jax) and is not so hard to use in a combo.
I like to do : fjp;b122;jp;1xxX-Ray = 47% if I remember correctly.

OP, I have to disagree with you about his Baton Trip. That move is very useful for throwing your opponent off his rhythm or even catching people off guard.

As far as the Roll Toss, that is one of the best anti-projectile moves in the game, as long as he can roll under said projectile. I get a lot of people with that.

All in all I think Stryker is a very good character in the right hands. Still working on some combos with him though.

Would like to see this thread holding a bit more useful info. Sorry OP but compared to most of the other character guides on here, this one is lacking quite a bit.

heres a couple of combos
jump in 2B122 njp dash 3 ex bang bang half dash 12 forward roll toss (1 meter 43%)
jump in 2B32 half dash 3 ex baton sweep (not a combo as such but does 33%)
jump in 1B2F2 12 bang bang 12 forward roll or bang bang (forward roll does more damage)

Stryker's biggest weakness is he has no gtfo move, so he has to rely on perfectly timed anti airs (standing roundhouse, whilst fast, just isn't reliable enough; uppercut is good but he can't follow it up with anything; nades are good, if timed right, but again can't follow up; gun is good but requires specific timing). And because blocking is heavily punished in this game (chip and meter), he simply cannot afford to let his opponents in on him. He just doesn't have reliable defence, which a lot of the cast DO have.

He cannot generate much of an offence either; his heavy damage combos are punishment based only (i.e opponent whiffs a move or you block it or you get a jump in), which is simply not viable against majority of the cast (who can out poke him or anti-air full combo).

He has a low to overhead mix up but it's slow and can be interrupted. So all in all he's got very little in the way of raw come back ability.

X-ray just isn't worth the meter. 47% for 3 bars is bull shit when he can get 35% off that same bnb variation without spending a single bar...

Enhanced baton trip should hit overhead but it doesn't, which makes it pointless wasting meter on. Enhanced roll is really unsafe on block/whiff and has too little armour at the minute (I heard it's getting buffed) so you can actually get hit out of it - this is stupid because it means he has no wake up options and simply cannot viably get out of pressure even with spending meter.

Yes he can zone very well (he has to to win), and he can wreck at least 10 of the characters with gun shot and nades alone. But put him against anyone with a low fireball (approx 60% of the roster) or Noob and it's pretty much lights out.

Basically, Stryker has to play a very dry and very technical game (repeated gun cancels, perfect positioning etc) to win. This wouldn't be a problem if the rest of the cast wasn't so brain-dead and got 35% off retarded combos (safe, high chip damage, overheads etc) AS WELL as controlling so much of the screen (reptile, KL, ermac etc).

NR needs to buff him. Not by a lot, but a few key buffs and then he's perfect. Buff enhanced roll armour, fix standing roundhouse hit box and maybe give baton trip overhead status. At least one of those and he will be fine w/out being OP.
/rant

Last edited:
Discovered a new Stryker midscreen xray combo. 10 hits, 49% largest post-patch I know of.

Its not practical, but its my first video and wanted to do something catchy. For many of the reasons other people have stated regarding Stryker, he is extremely limited compared to other toons move options and I like to work with the underdog.

Im planning to do videos with strings of new -usable- practical combos because lets face it, Stryker is about efficiency not excess.

Remember, the key to pulling this off is to whiff on the 1 of the 1,2 segment. land the 1,2 both and opponent will get pushed out of xray range. extremely.... limited... xray... range.....

Some of those combos you use too much meter. I wouldn't want to use 2 meter and get 34% for it. But nice video anyway.

I actually planned on besting Stryker among Kabal and Ermac, I played Stryker a lot during the PSN outage on the arcade ladder but once i started playing online I played with other characters. I played Stryker once before and lost:( but I played him again today and I got a flawless victory fatality. I really like the character and want to play as him way more. I also wasn't aware that you can use Stryker's X-ray as anti air, that's awesome.

That video is very awesome. I really like how he pulls out his gun a lot but is always ready to cancel out of it and do another move.

Yeah but there's a lot of dumb things I put in there I wouldn't really recommend doing in a serious fight. For example ending combos with D1 is dumb when you can end with standing 3 get more damage + negate the possibility of wake up move + continue pressure.

There was a time where I tried a lot of useless and risky shit. But now I always end my combos with 3, uppercut, baton sweep or roll toss. Depending on what I'm trying to achieve.

New vid: How to punish low projectiles without the need of EN roll toss.

Works from far range and closer (but not from full screen). You can use gun hold to bait low projectiles then dash cancel and jump over them into JK combos. You have to jump on anticipation not on reaction. If you jump on reaction they will likely be blocking but you can still get some pressure in.

Easiest punish: Late jump kick, dash xx 4 (15%)

Best most practical punish: Late jump kick, dash xx D1/D4 xx Roll Toss (19-20% meterless)

Most damaging punish: Late jump kick, dash xx 1 xx EN Gun Shot, dash xx 4/D2 (25-27% for 1 bar) - doesn't work on some crouching opponents.

You can also use these to punish stuff like Mileena's D4 btw.

Negative edge makes these punishes a bit hard to do so you need to practice them a lot to make sure you get the timing down. Definitely not easy but it's a must vs characters with projectiles that can't be rolled under. (Liu Kang, Sindel, Kabal, Cyrax, Noob etc)

Last edited:
Re: Stryker thread "Police Brutality Comin' Up!'

Stryker's been my favorite character since I picked up the game. I have been taking much joy in defeating ninjas, sorcerers, and demonic entities with a normal, everyday cop.[/
Amen man lol. He's the baddest mofo in the game honestly. All these other people have special powers and armor or some crap like that, and here comes Stryker to drum up some brutal justice.

Stryker combo list. Maybe you find something usefull.

3 hit combo, 13% damage: 1, 1, Low Grenade Toss
3 hit combo, 16% damage: B+3, Roll Toss
3 hit combo, 21% damage: B+3, 2, Dash, 4
3 hit combo, 23% damage: B+3, 2, Dash, Uppercut
3 hit combo, 19% damage: B+3, 2, Dash, 3,
now you can surprise your enemy with Roll Toss, Gun Shot, Baton Sweep, or Dash and Grab.....or maybe a X-Ray.
4 hit combo, 11% damage: B+2, Baton Sweep
4 hit combo, 11% damage: 1, 1, Gun Shot
4 hit combo, 15% damage: B+1, 2, 2, Baton Sweep
4 hit combo, 18% damage: 2, 3, Roll Toss
4 hit combo, 18% damage: B+1, 2, 2, Low Grenade Toss
4 hit combo, 20% damage: B+1, 2, 2, Uppercut
5 hit combo, 16% damage: B+2, Roll Toss
5 hit combo, combined 21% damage: B+1, 2, 2, Dash, 3, Baton Sweep
5 hit combo, 21% damage: B+3, 2, Dash, 1, Gun Shot
5 hit combo, 22% damage: B+2, F+2, Dash, Uppercut
5 hit combo, 23% damage: B+3, 2, Dash, 1, 1, Grenade Toss
6 hit combo, 23% damage: B+1, 2, 2, Dash, 2, 3, 2
6 hit combo, 23% damage: B+2, F+2, 4, Baton Sweep (27% damage with Roll Toss)
with the enhanced versions you get 26% or 30% damage.
6 hit combo, 24% damage: B+1, 2, 2, Dash, 1, 2, Low Grenade Toss
6 hit combo, 25% damage: B+1, 2, 2, U+2 (juggle Punch), Dash, 4, Baton Sweep (29% damage with Roll Toss)
with the enhanced versions you get 29% or 31% damage.
6 hit combo, 26% damage: B+1, 2, 2, short delay, 4, Roll Toss
7 hit combo, 24% damage: B+2, F+2, Dash, 2, 3, 2 exact timing.
7 hit combo, 26% damage: B+2, F+2, Dash, 1, 2, Low Grenade Toss
7 hit combo, combined 29% damage: B+2, F+2, Dash, 3, Roll Toss
7 hit combo, 31% damage: B+1, 2, 2, U+2 (juggle Punch), Dash 4, Enhanced Roll Toss
7 hit combo, 39% damage: B+2, X-Ray
8 hit combo, 28% damage: B+1, 2, 2, Enhanced Gun Shot, Dash, Uppercut
8 hit combo, 42% damage: B+1, 2, 2, Dash, 1, X-Ray
9 hit combo, 27% damage: B+2, F+2, Enhanced Gun Shot, Dash, 4
9 hit combo, 29% damage: B+2, F+2, Dash, 1, 1, Gun Shot, Dash, Uppercut
9 hit combo, 32% damage: B+3, 2, Dash, 1, 1, Enhanced Gun Shot, Dash, Uppercut
10hit combo,32% damage: B+1, 2, 2, Dash, 1, 2, Enhanced Gun Shot, Dash, Uppercut
10hit combo,35% damage: B+1, 2, 2, U+2 (juggle Punch), 3, Enhanced Gun Shot, Dash Uppercut

Stryker combo list. Maybe you find something usefull.

3 hit combo, 19% damage: B+3, 2, Dash, 3
4 hit combo, 11% damage: 1, 1, Gun Shot
Out of all those, these are the only good ones I recommend ever using. A few that are missing:

midscreen BnB 39% meterless: B1,2,2, NJ2, dash xx 2 xx gun shot, dash xx 1,2 xx Roll Toss
B2, F2, dash xx 1 xx gunshot, dash xx 3, mixup
B1,2,2, NJ2, dash xx 3 xx gun hold, mixup
B1,2,2, NJ2, dash, 2 xx baton sweep

That's pretty much all I use anyway.

I admit I never used these two but I want to incorporate them in my game as I can see their usage.

Last edited: