Stryker thread - "Police Brutality Comin' Up!'

Zoidberg747

Stryker

1728795-stryker__2011__super.png

"One of New York City's Finest, Stryker is a one-man SWAT team. He was once decorated for single-handedly thwarting the terrorists in the famous Greenberg Tower Incident, and again for rescuing passengers of a speeding crosstown bus rigged to explode. He was unprepared, however, for the magical portal that spewed forth creatures from another realm--a realm he didn't even know existed. So far his kombat training has gotten him through the first wave of creatures. It'll take more than rocket-launching Tarkatans to stop this die-hard cop."​

Notations
Spoiler:
360: X=1, Y=2, A=3, B=4.
PS3: Square=1, Triangle=2, X=3, Circle=4.
-EX: Enhanced Special
-B=Back, F=Forward, U=Up, D= Down, J=Jump, +=press together.
-Wall = Combo performed on the far side of either side of the level.
-Dash = Press forward twice.

Styles and Specials
Spoiler:
Style moves:
Spoiler:
Kop out-1,2: Nice quick 2 hit combo to get a little damage done

Dispatched-1,1,4: 11% damage combo

Beatdown-B+1,2,2: only does 10% damage but launches your opponent into the air

Pain patrol-2,3,2: 15% damage combo

The Heat-B+2,1: 165 damage combo that cant be used to start a combo

Aggravated Assault-B+2,F+2- like The Heat except it throws your opponent in the air(more effective)

Spread em-B+2,F+4: Like The Heat but it puts your opponent on the ground

Come With Me-F+3,2: short combo that leaves your opponent in the air for barely a second(can still get a combo in)

Specials
Spoiler:
Baton Sweep: Trips your opponent using your baton, pretty useless

High and Low Grenade Toss: Throws a grenade at your opponent, the low one is more effective against spammers and blockers

Gun Shot: Can take opponents out of the air real fast

Roll Toss: A roll followed by a throw which does 12 damage, good against spammers/blockers

X-ray: All you need to know is that the opponent must be on the ground for you to use it

KOMBOS
Spoiler:
Kombo list:

-16 Hits 39%: Forward Jump+1, B+1 2 2, Dash, 1 2, EX Gun Shot, Dash, 1 2, EX Gun Shot.
-15 Hits 37%: Forward Jump+1, B+1 2 2, EX Gun Shot, Dash, 1 1, EX Gun Shot, Dash, 3.
-13 Hits 41%: Forward Jump+1, B+1 2 2, Gun Shot, Dash, 1 2, EX Gun Shot, Dash, Uppercut.
-10 Hits 31%: B+1 2 2, EX Gun Shot, 1 1, EX Roll Toss.
-4 Hits 27%: Forward Jump+1, B+3, 2, Dash, Uppercut.
-8 Hits 28%: Forward Jump+2, B+2, F+2, Dash, 2 3 2.
-7 Hits 27%: B+2 F+2, 1 2, 4.

Tactics
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Vs. Spammers: Use low grenade toss and/or roll toss to duck under your opponents projectiles while using your own

Vs. Zoners: Get in close with roll toss and keep attacking so your opponent doesnt have time to react

Vs. Rushers: Use carefully placed gunshots and grenades to keep the opponent away from you, or wait until they get close and unleash a combo on them

Vs. Teleport Spammers: Block and when they're in the air use a combo, this goes for almost every character in this game

Last edited:
Re: Stryker thread "Police Brutality Comin' Up!'

I feel like Stryker really milked the hell out of the Police Brutality thing. You know how Challenge Tower has alternate win poses, like Scorpion takes out his ninjato and slashes the screen? Well Stryker not only says "Police Brutality coming up!" in his intro, but in his CT win pose he folds his arms and say "Pol-iiiiiice Brutality!". Its beating a dead horse. Perhaps he should have said something else that's police-like, for instance "alright tough guy, you're comin' with me."... or "you have the right to remain silent"

Good to see a Stryker thread. I noticed that you can hold Gun Shot special for a short period of time (same goes for EX Gun Shot).

Stryker's been my favorite character since I picked up the game. I have been taking much joy in defeating ninjas, sorcerers, and demonic entities with a normal, everyday cop.

Yeah Stryker is pretty good if u know what ur doing. I usually use the gun shot, then throw a grenade, then the roll throw thing. =P

One bad thing is tha Stryker's roll can be trumped by everyone else's charge attack. You can be mid roll and characters like Reptile or Nightwolf can use their slide/elbow dash or shoulder charge. Raiden's electic fly will still grab you mid roll even though I think you should roll right under Raiden.

Right when round 1 is starting I like using Stryker's EX baton sweep especially if your opponent loves trying to get off the first hit quick. In most cases the quick second of armor Stryker has using the EX baton sweep will block your opponents first hit and you will take out their legs and smash their head.

Grenades work great on those who love to jump. Toss a low grenade at Kung lao or Cyber sub when they are about to do their dive kicks, or a high grenade at Kitana when she is doing her air move.

One bad thing is tha Stryker's roll can be trumped by everyone else's charge attack. You can be mid roll and characters like Reptile or Nightwolf can use their slide/elbow dash or shoulder charge. Raiden's electic fly will still grab you mid roll even though I think you should roll right under Raiden.
Wait are you saying that Stryker's roll gets canceled by Nightwolf's charge? Because it doesn't. Stryker's rolls are best against Raiden's thunder projectiles.

And you can also add on a neutral jump punch to any of his B+1 2 2 combos.

I think stryker's baton sweep serves as a better wake up then his roll i would only use the roll if you know there gonna throw out a progectile

Stryker's very between close and long distance fights. Just alternate between the gun, grenades and the batons.

And I have to agree on the part that he needs another line for his other win poses. That line is getting abused.

You need to add the fact that you can hold the Gun Shot and EX Gun Shot. All you have to do is hold 1 or 1/BK. He'll fire once you release it.

Love it when I get to beat some Noob or Smoke teleport spammer with a normal beat cop!!! Stryker's just awesome...

It makes me very happy when I see my opponents upper jaw splattering all over the stage...

Thanks for this thread! Some good info.

+REP

Hate to brag, but I made a guide about Stryker a while ago over at TYM and it's a lot more complete than this rushed down thread. No offense to OP, but this thread lacks very basic information and doesn't even cover all of Stryker's tools and their usefulness.

For those who care, here's my guide: http://testyourmight.com/forum/show...er-Guide-to-Riot-Control-amp-Police-Brutality

Note that I wrote that guide pre-patch. So a lot of info like damage % isn't entirely accurate. But other than slight damage nerf and x-ray fix, I don't think Stryker is changing much.

On a related note, Dookieagain made a 7 part video guide too so for those who hate reading it's worth checking out: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL2C5A8470E40FB624

Stryker is not my main, therefore the thread is not as complete as yours is. I would only be offended if someone said my Sindel thread was incomplete lol.

Hate to brag, but I made a guide about Stryker a while ago over at TYM and it's a lot more complete than this rushed down thread. No offense to OP, but this thread lacks very basic information and doesn't even cover all of Stryker's tools and their usefulness.

For those who care, here's my guide: http://testyourmight.com/forum/show...er-Guide-to-Riot-Control-amp-Police-Brutality

Note that I wrote that guide pre-patch. So a lot of info like damage % isn't entirely accurate. But other than slight damage nerf and x-ray fix, I don't think Stryker is changing much.

On a related note, Dookieagain made a 7 part video guide too so for those who hate reading it's worth checking out: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL2C5A8470E40FB624

Omg Thank you so much. I've been looking for different ways to mess with people.

Strykers X-Ray is basically a counter; I've been hit four times while I activated it, all four times were blocked by Armor and I hit him with the X-ray. It was Kung Lao, and his little four Fan Chop combo thingy.

Stryker's Xray is one of the weakest in the game:

- The range is very very small, compared to most others.

- It takes a long time to activate after using it, meaning that there is a higher chance the opponent will block or move away. It actually takes so long to hit that they can hit you like 3 times before it kicks in. If they are in the middle of an attack sequence, they are often allowed to continue a few hits and do some damage to you before they get stunned.

- It has no special feature, unlike others that are either instant, full screen ground or a projectile, or unblockable, ect ect.

- It is one of the hardest X-rays to input in a combo. It is extremely rare that you see a player make a "safe hit" with Stryker's Xray.

Though the damage is "okay", but nothing Kano like, and nothing to write home about.

Sorry if this thread is only about praising Stryker, I also main him (honestly I do only play with him atm), but some things just needs to be described honestly, and Strykers Xray is not good, and mostly only useful when they jump towards you, and don't block if they land.