Superman spam help

LurkDog

I keep getting owned by dudes who do raidens superman all day. I need some tips on ways to beat them. Do I just need better reactions? I block dash the whole game which helps a little but that's no fun to have to seriously be blocking all game bc the second I don't they will hit me with a superman

Edit: I'm not complaining for a nerf btw, just need some tips

Last edited:
Who do you main?

Sektor's flamethrower makes short work of torpedo (Superman) spammers.

Oh yeah forgot to include that

Mainly cyber sub zero and also some nightwolf

Eh, those guys aren't in my profession.
I'd say just block, and when he teleports and grabs you, mash 1 to break free and counter.

If he indeed is a spammer, he will probably rage quit.

Lol okay cool thanks for the tip.
Although I do have a question. Dont I only have a 50/50 chance of breaking out from his grab? I guess that's better than nothing though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Raiden's superman is easy to block, then once blocked, one can follow up with a combo or an uppercut. However, I know what you mean, a lot of Raiden spammers start a combo and then superman you while you are in the air. It sucks. I'd step your overall blocking game up and if you play as a teleporter, make good use of that. Remember, Raiden teleports fast, he's a beast up close, and he's got some range with his superman move. This means you should always play him at range and make sure you keep him away or move out. He can't start a combo far away, so he'd either have to teleport to you, superman you, or shoot his limp-phallused electricity ball. This gives you much to work with.

By the way, if ANYONE can make a sig with Raiden supermanning someone, with the words "SUPAMAN DAT HOE" you'd be greatly loved.

Raiden is my main..but the best way to not get spammed is block and time the teleport superman strategy..and block when raiden is knocked down because the superman is also a wake-up attack..also watch out for getting grabbed after a teleport because of being afraid of getting supermanned..also be careful to not be to predictable with your projectiles becuase if you are then raiden can teleport while your shooting your projectile and superman you

I constantly sit across the screen, launching fireball after fireball until he realizes that he should either teleport or use an EX Torpedo. If he teleports, chances are he is going to torpedo off the bat. But, do not crouch block. When I use Raiden, people do this alot to me, so I hit them with a 334 with goes through the crouch block, and then torpedo.

With this 'strategy' in mind, use Nightwolf instead of CSZ, OR use CSZ to bait him into a torpedo and counter with a Parry. If you parry enough, he should stop using torpedo as much as previously was, allowing you some breathing room.

If he teleports, chances are he is going to torpedo off the bat.

why would anyone superman after a teleport? thats one of the worst things you could do. Unless the Raiden player is stupid , don't expect him to superman after teleport, expect him to combo, grab, sweep, jumpover combo, or combo teleport cancel, pretty much he can do anything you just gotta guess. And as for the superman, block when he's down

With this 'strategy' in mind, use Nightwolf instead of CSZ, OR use CSZ to bait him into a torpedo and counter with a Parry. If you parry enough, he should stop using torpedo as much as previously was, allowing you some breathing room.
I don't think CSZ's parry can block specials can it?

What I usually do is just block. Then they usually teleport. Right when they teleport I jump straight up in the air and land with a pop up punch. If I remember correctly, Tom Brady said you can get a guaranteed uppercut right after the teleport if you time it correctly.

no one here has mentioned one of raidens most vital moves, his ex projectile. this is what i do most of the time from a distance since i never use xray i have most the majority of the time. i could also do ex fly if my opponent is trying to zone me, but thats too risky and they see it coming from a distance and block. with the ex projectile, my oppenent does not have time to react to the second projectile coming behind him and so i just do a fly right after i do my ex projectile to catch them of guard and get them into the corner. it works 99% of the time because people just panic in that situation as they start jumping around trying to avoid the second projectile behind them. im not sure whether the second projectile can be blocked easily or not. for the time that i don't have enough meter for an ex projectile, i'll either dash, block, dash, block and throw in a teleport somewhere there to confuse the opponent and them after teleport i've got a range of options. it would be near impossible for the oppenent to punish me with an uppercut unless they somehow manage to guess that im about to do a teleport and react before i do it. right after my teleport the opponent usually blocks high so i either grab or sweep. if they block low then i can grab or do raidens 334 combo starter to gon into a higher combo. one of the reasons raiden is the best in the game is becouse he is the most unpredictable and confusing character to fight against in the hands of a good player. this is what you have to remember whatever fighter you're using.

I keep getting owned by dudes who do raidens superman all day. I need some tips on ways to beat them. Do I just need better reactions? I block dash the whole game which helps a little but that's no fun to have to seriously be blocking all game bc the second I don't they will hit me with a superman

Edit: I'm not complaining for a nerf btw, just need some tips

Usually a spammer's gameplay (using Raiden's torpedo, smokes tp or Kung Lao's spin) is very basic and very very, very predictable. watch out for patterns, when does he do his torpedo move? Once you figure out the spammer's pattern, you have 1001 ways to punish him with Nightwolf.