I dont know if I'm happy with the direction they are going with DLC, I'll show u why

creed200569

Boon mentioned on twitter tht they probably wont have modes for DLC this time, which is f-ing retarded. Then I find tweets like these that irritate me

noobde noobde
RT @KornKombat @noobde Without Friendships this game feels like something is missing! Noobde: We can't include every feature in every game.
7 hours ago

noobde noobde
RT @armsakimbo @noobde Anything else you're sad was cut due to time constraints? Noobde: Single player endurance & survival modes.
7 hounoobde noobde

RT @danRX4 @noobde How about Brutalities?? Noobde: Our designers had a pretty cool Brutality system working, but there was no time 2 finish.
7 hours ago rs ago

noobde noobde
RT @shingen @noobde Any chance for Friendships to be added as future DLC? Noobde: Unlikely. Would you rather have Friendships than fighters?
7 hours ago

I think they are making a HUGE mistake if they decide to wait until next game to add some of these key features and the biggest reason why iscuz most of our favorite fighters died in this game and wont be in the next game. I dont want to have all these features in a game where most of my favorites wont be in it and we're stuck with nothing but a few MK9 kharacters and the rest are post MK4 and new kharacters.

MK9 is the game to add all these great features to cuz we have our favorite fighters to play as.
Also, I dont feel that giving us a boatload of kharacters first is the way to go. I still truly believe the best thing that they can do for this game is to add more features first to give it more replay value so people wil want to keep playing it more and then start dishing out more kharacters,arenas,fatalities,etc..

So what they didnt get a chance to finish Survivor and Endurance modes. Finish them up now and release them as DLC. I GUARANTEE they will be big sellers. If those Brutalities are that good, then finish them up and add those too cuz people got excited when they thought they were gonna be in the game through those audio leaks. As for Friendships, at this point, yes I would rather have Friendships than more fighters cuz I feel we have a good size roster and plenty of depth with single and tag team to keep us busy for awhile.

Friendships were awesome back then and if you look at alot of the polls ppl made, Friendships were #1 as the most requested finishing move ppl wanted to see for DLC. Boon says DLC depends on what ppl want the most, well Boon u need to look at all these boards again cuz Survivor,Vs CPU,Friendships and Brutalities are something that ppl really want in this game.

yeah, some great ideas that did not made it in final version .... let's hope they appear as DLC, sooner or later.

I agree with everything except that most of our favourites won't be in the next game. They'll find a way to bring them back. If they don't bring at least some of them back, then I'm going to have a serious... discussion... with nether-realm in a dark alley in the back streets of some run down city.

FORGET CHARACTERS!! THEY HAVE ALL THE ONES THEY NEED (additions that would be acceptions: rain, chameleon, khameleon, motaro, and Skarlett) I WANT THE OTHER STUFF!! FRIENDSHIPS, BRUTALITIES!! COOOOOOMMMEEE OOONNNNNN

I think MK 9 is perfect this way, we don't need any additional features for now. We have great fatalities, many stage fatalities and a lovely new babality concept. If MK 9 had also brutalities, frienships and every other -ality why would you buy MK10? For new characters? I certainly don't care about new characters, every character I love is in MK 9 except Rain (who will be available pretty soon btw). So if they have to innovate somewhere that would be in the -alities domain. Remember when MK II was released with all those extra features that were not available in MK1, we were awed. I want to relive those moments with a new gen MK.

I would definitely prefer more features, such as new modes and finishers, over more new characters (post-MK3 or otherwise). I don't feel MK9 is the right game to expand the roster with characters outside of its story. From a completist's point of view, Brutalities and Friendships should take precedence. While I can do without, if features are to be added then NR should choose them logically. Many fans simply want whatever was left out of this retelling of MK1-3. That's also why Rain is the one character that's been demanded relentlessly; not to have just another slot on the select screen, but to have the missing slot. As for new modes, they do wonders for replay value, and open up the game in a way that no other features do.

If MK 9 had also brutalities, frienships and every other -ality why would you buy MK10? For new characters?

MK10 would be pointless if all it had to offer was new finishers. I expect different/revamped characters, I expect an expansion on the gameplay, and an expansion on the story. Innovation on the -alities, while important in its own way, should pale in comparison to the innovation on the rest of the game. Regarding the MKII example, people were not just awed because of its new features, but because of how much Mortal Kombat had progressed. I hope MK10 will do the same, and be just as inspired as MK9.

I don't understand why almost everyone want brutalities as dlc. When MKvsDC released (and even now) everyone was saying how bad is this game whithout fatalities and how bad is to have brutalities etc so now that they add bloody fatalities in the game everyone want brutalities back. I still like MKvsDC and i don't have a problem with brutalities but in MK9 i prefer to see new DLC fatalities instead of brutalities. As for the direction they are going i agree, i am also little disappointment too because they say that they have a lot of stuff to release (skins,characters,finishers...) but it looks like imo they are negative to almost everything and there is no new info at all about dlc, hope they just hide the news as usual.

I
MK10 would be pointless if all it had to offer was new finishers. I expect different/revamped characters, I expect an expansion on the gameplay, and an expansion on the story. Innovation on the -alities, while important in its own way, should pale in comparison to the innovation on the rest of the game. Regarding the MKII example, people were not just awed because of its new features, but because of how much Mortal Kombat had progressed. I hope MK10 will do the same, and be just as inspired as MK9.

You took my comment to the extreme end Jarvis. I also would like it to include revamped skins and an expansion of the story, just like between MK 1 & MK II, or MK II & MK 3 (I want to buy MK 10, not Ultimate MK 9). They shouldn't add many characters though, because we already have the adequate variety of fighters and we'll end up repeating the same errors of old 3D MKs. We do not need Armaggedon like 40 characters rosters, at least I don't. I am not against adding up to 2-3 new extra characters, but they should be really different moves wise. Or else we'll end up with characters like Shujinko, copying everyone because we are out of ideas.
Also, finishers should never pale in comparison to anything and are almost as important as the gameplay. it's MK and they have always been one of the most important features of the series. At least that's how I perceive it as an old school MK player.
18 to 15 years ago in the arcades, people who didn't know how to play would sit around the cabinet and wait for the fatalities to be performed by experienced players.
To sum up, I am into quality more than quantity, MK9 is good as it is and sometimes people should be happy with what they have and stop asking for more. The progression that have been made is already huge and has opened many possibilities for the futur. Yes, it's not as complete as UMK3 for example in terms of finishers and characters, but that leaves them the opportunity to ameliorate the next MK. The gameplay is beast though and easily surpassing any previous MK game. Let's hope as you mentioned that they'll be inspired, and we get a even better MK...

@Etryus Well, we almost completely agree actually. I'm happy with the game as it is (minus any balancing issues), my point was that if I had to choose what is to be added, then it may as well be features from classic MK. The remaining finishers, even if unnecessary, would be nostalgic for many old school fans. Instead of characters that never belonged there, and would just be thrown in for the sake of it. Extra modes would be great additions though, such as the Survival mode that was intended to be part of the game.

What we disagree on -
finishers should never pale in comparison to anything and are almost as important as the gameplay. it's MK and they have always been one of the most important features of the series. At least that's how I perceive it as an old school MK player.

When I said they should pale in comparison to the rest of the game, I didn't mean that they shouldn't be impressive themselves. Maybe I worded it too strongly. What I meant to say is that the rest of the game should be impressive and innovative enough to not rely on the - let's face it - gimmick that finishers have always been. As an old school player myself, I value their inclusion, but recognize them for what they are. And the finishers are always the first aspect in an MK game to eventually lose their impact or appeal. Put it this way - when I switch on classic MK, it's for the gameplay, not the fatalities. And that will remain the same for every MK game that ever comes out. They can't be equal priority, because the finishers aren't meant to survive beyond drawing attention. The gameplay is.

I bet Rain woildn't have even DLC had it not been for fans. Ed had this same thinking with Rain that he has with friendships. Although I don't usually condone this kind of stuff... I gotta make a special exception for friendships. Prove Eddy wrong. Do with friendships what the fans did with Rain: bombard, for lack of a better word, his twitter with requests for friendships. Set up polls for wanting friendships as DLC on here and other MK fan sites if you can, and link them to Eddy. Maybe, just maybe, will he how wrong he was when he said we prefer fighters over friendships.

@Jarvis

From this point of view, I agree with you. It's true that fatalities are part of a global package that is meant to hook up players initially, but later on, the gameplay takes the upper hand in terms of game replayability.
That's why in my earlier statement that you quoted I said "almost as important as the gameplay" ;)

Last edited:
Isn't Survivor and Endurance modes basically the same thing? Would have been nice to have had an Endurance and Time Trial mode with Character leader boards. Different ladders would have been nice as well. Should be one one match before a boss played against a tag team ala mk3 ladder. I'm holding out a little hope it will still happen.

Hopefully! Mortal Kombat without all the classic fighters wouldn't be Mortal Kombat...

I would find it interesting to see them move forward and develop other characters in the next game. They could satisfy the fan base by incorporating the classic characters that did not survive MK9 into flashback sequences in the story mode and as unlockables in VS.

It would be nice to see more faces in the MK world, but fully imagined ones...not just "filler" characters. I'm looking at you MoCap.

Last edited:
We don't need friendships or brutalities. Those were always completely unnecessary, anyway.

What we need is a patch to fix the poor online play. There's no excuse as to why we still haven't received this patch, especially when you consider how swift other developers are in fixing gaming flaws (i.e. Treyarch, Capcom). Patch, followed by characters, please. Leave the silly crap out of MK.

I dont caree friendships or endurance/survival. Though brutalities could be cool if every character has one different and maybe including x.rays but the only thing i want is new characters and new fatalities and the return of Rain and Chameleon, but I really dont care the other features. But i may add that a vs CPU mode would be really cool.

And you are wrong if you think NRS will not feature the dead characters in the next game, they wont make the same mistake they did before, featuring new lame and stupid characters, thats one of the reasons they made a reboot, to fix their pasts mistakes.
They cannot make a game without Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Kitana, Noob, Smoke, Nightwolf, Kung Lao and the other deads, without 1 or 2 of them maybe but not without all of them, will appear, some way or another, the most probably way s that they are Quan Chi servants, remember that he resurrected them to fight Raiden, and they will be fully resurrected in the next game (looking normal not like zombies), or maybe Ermac can turn into a good gut like in the preivous timeline perhaps with Kenshi's help like before or perhaps making his ending semi-cannon and then resurrect the dead heroes.

In the MK Universe everything can happen, except permanent death.