Kratos Thread - "You will not see the end of this day!"

AMES32

God of War Fanboy
230_stream.jpg

Bio
Ancient Greece knew no more bloodthirsty a warrior than Kratos, who for a time was the God of War. Mortal once more, Kratos withdrew from the ages-old clash between men and gods. But his solitude was broken when he was ripped through space and time. As the madness subsided, Kratos found himself in present-day Outworld, kneeling before Shao Kahn.

COMBOS
Spoiler:

Valor of Hercules:
1,1, 2

Hades Edge:
B + 1,2

Hades Pain:
B + 1, B + 4

Aphrodite's Will:
F + 1, 4

Wrath Of Ares:
F + 2,1

Anguish Of Zeus:
F + 2, 2

Pandora's Soul:
F + 4, BP

Athena's Fury:

Olympic Ascension:
(Hold B) 2,1

Olympic Burst:
(Hold B) 2,2

Olympic Blast:
(Hold B) 2,3

Olympic Toss:
(Hold B) 2,4

Achilles Strike:
F + 2, 2,1

FAST TAG COMBOS

Athena's Rage:
2,1,2,TAG

Olympic Chain:
B + 2,TAG

Pandora's Box:
F + 2,4,TAG

Tag Combos

Hercules Rush:
1,1,TAG

Athena's Pain:
2,1,TAG

move list
Spoiler:

button inputs:
1,square
2,triangle
3,X
4,Circle

Hermes Dash:
Back, Forward, 4

Golden Fleece:
Down, Back,1

Zeus Rage:
Down, Forward,3

Head of Helios:
Down, Back,2

Finishing Moves:
Blade of Olympus:
D, D, B, F,2 (Touching)
Fatality 2:
D, B, D, F,1(Jump)
Babality:
D, F, B,2(Jump)
Stage Fatality:
D, D, D,3(Varies)

basic combos:
Spoiler:

5 hit's 16%
2,1,2,Apollo's bow

5 hit's 16%
2,1,df3

4 hit's 19%
f2,zeus's rage

5 hit's 23%
f,2, EX zeus's rage

5 hit's 26%
pandoras soul ,1, Apollo's bow

advanced combos
Spoiler:

6 hit's 28%
2,1, helios head, b(hold)2,1

6 hit's 31%
2,1, helios head, b(hold) 2,4

8 hit's 23%
2,1, helios head,2,1,df3

8 hit's 32%
2,1,2, Apollo's bow, x-ray

8 hit's 39%
1,1+Helios, >> F4,2 >> F4,2 (Hold)+4

combo list and tips:
Spoiler:

“Hellraiser”Forward + Triangle, Helios Head, Pandora’s Soul (Forward + Circle, Back + hold Triangle), Olympic Toss (Circle in mid-air)6 hits, 39% Damage

Note: Many of Kratos’s basic blade combos can linked into the Helios Head and even more follow-up attacks. Experiment!

“Zeus Pounce”Jump kick, Enhanced Zeus Wrath (Down, Forward, X + R2)5 hits, 23% Damage

Note: Kick just before you hit ground to get the best positioning.

“This is Sparta!”Circle, Helios Head, Enhanced Hermes Dash (Back, Forward, Circle + R2)3 hits, 23% Damage

Note: Kratos’ Circle kick leaves a perfect opening for several follow-up special attacks, including his Cestus X-ray attack.

“Sun and Moon”Jump punch, Athena’s Fury (Triangle, Square, Triangle), Apollo’s Bow6 hits, 20% Damage

Note: Enter the command for Apollo’s Bow quickly, before Kratos lands the last hit of Athena’s Fury.

Best Matchup

Spoiler:
Kratos’ best matchup is probably against Cyber Sub-Zero. Neither character poses an overwhelming threat to each other, but Kratos’ better projectile game and better X-Ray attack give him the nod over Cyber Sub. Kratos can do a good job of zoning Cyber Sub by using Apollo’s Bow and Apollo’s Inferno. If you apply enough projectile pressure, it will become easier to read when Cyber Sub attempts a far Divekick and you can counter it with the Golden Fleece. Dash canceling out of the Hermes Dash will also make Cyber Sub hesitant about throwing any Ice Bombs due to the possibility of being hit while throwing the bomb. This matchup is not without tact on either end, but Kratoscomes out on top.

Spoiler:
Kratos’ worst matchup is probably Johnny Cage. Kratos has the second slowest set of moves next to Sheeva, and quick characters who are good in close quarters can really pour it on the slower members of the cast. Cage is relentless when he is in close,

General Strategies

Spoiler:
The God of War is no slouch when it comes to brute strength, which trumps his lack of speed. His Away + 2 Pop-Up attack can lead to standard juggle attacks such as 1, 1, 2,or he can use his follow-up attack (holding 2 after the initial Away + 2 hit) and do a considerable amount of damage. Low Kick cancels into a Head of Helios which can stun and stagger an opponent if they are not ducking, and you can use hisAway + 2pop-up afterward for even sillier damage.

The Apollo’s Bow is a fast, damaging projectile that hits twice, has very fast recovery, and allows Kratos to do well in projectile battles. The enhanced version allows for three projectiles to be on screen at once, but all of them can be blocked high. If this isn’t enough, good luck jumping at Kratos; his uppercut is one of the best in the game.

tips:

Kratos is a tactician, not a brawler.Kratos’ style combos aren’t particularly fast or powerful, so wading into combat while mashing buttons won’t get you results worthy of the God of War. An effective Kratos player must demonstrate equal parts finesse and animal cunning.

It helps to rise to the occasion.The key to unlocking Kratos’ highest damage potential is the Olympic Ascension (Back + hold Triangle), a powerful juggle that launches both fighters into the air. Follow up with the Olympic Toss (Circle) for a crushing finale and upwards of 30% damage.

Kratos eats fireballs for breakfast.Just like in the games, the Golden Fleece will even reflect incoming fireballs back at your attacker. Take that, Shang Tsung!​

for all the info: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/20/mortal-kombat-how-to-dominate-with-kratos/

Last edited:
sorry if it's all over the place i had problems with the text and as for the other one i f'ed it up.

biggest combo anyway JP, f42, 1~df2, 1~db2, JP, 2~df2, (112~df2) = 51%

a wall xray combo . . . JP, 21~db2, f42, 4~df2, 4~xray = 58%

Don't you think that Kratos's golden fleece should be nerfed/fixed?
It deflects almost EVERYTHING...it can deflect Sub-Zero's ice clone (wtf?), Baraka's sweep (again...WTF???) and almost every other attack in the game that is not D4,D1,D3,B4.
Obviously, there are exceptions like Ermac's force lift - push, Smoke's smoke bomb, Jax df2 (I don't know why this is not deflected).
I am not able to understand what are the criterions followed by this move.

Last edited:
Don't you think that Kratos's golden fleece should be nerfed/fixed?
It deflects almost EVERYTHING...it can deflect Sub-Zero's ice clone (wtf?), Baraka's sweep (again...WTF???) and almost every other attack in the game that is not D4,D1,D3,B4.
Obviously, there are exceptions like Ermac's force lift - push, Smoke's smoke bomb, Jax df2 (I don't know why this is not deflected).
I am not able to understand what are the criterions followed by this move.

Golden fleece is really easy to avoid, when he reflects a move, just jump, if you are too near maybe u will be hit anyway but if you are at mid range, you can easly jump the reflected move.

Golden fleece is really easy to avoid, when he reflects a move, just jump, if you are too near maybe u will be hit anyway but if you are at mid range, you can easly jump the reflected move.

He can reflect your hits even when you are close to him, and instead of shooting you, it can just stun and make him start a 40+% combo...it works against Smoke's sweep too (for unknown reasons) and is easily spammable.

Last edited:

not when u follow up wth the bow of apollo then close the distance 212,zeus' rage small but effective combo

i don't think so lol

found by major logan

13 Hits; 58% Damage
EX Head of Helios, Jump Punch, F+4, 2, dash, 2, EX Apollo's Bow, dash, 2 EX Zeus' Rage.

Last edited by a moderator:
here's what i've got from the new patch. i'll keep up dating as i find out.

-speed boost
-damage boost (certain moves)
-arrow damage nerf/speed reduction
-ex arrow damage down from 20% to 14%
-his qte stayed the same nothing new.