Kung Lao Thread - "For the Shaolin!"

Kung Lao Is Bug BUG !!! He spins & jade hit him with stick !!! & jade hurts HA HA HA !!! maybe stick glued to jade hands or kung lao spins so fast that ... oh stupid !!!
jade or kratos with blades must kick kung lao ass !!!

If you main him, you will understand all the fun we have online, you can almost smell the fear before the match begins, and thus giving you the victory before the match even begins lol
LOVE IT!!!! KL FTW YEAH!!!!

Also to the OP, you ever planing on updating the threads? most if not all of those combos dont damage like that any more. :)

heres 1 with an alt ending for it, and is current too ;)

Teleport+3, 2, 1, Spin, NJP, Dash, 1, Dash, 1, 1, 2, 1, EX-Hat, Dash, Uppercut.........40%
Teleport+3, 2, 1, Spin, NJP, Dash, 1, Dash, 1, 1, 2, 1, EX-Hat, EX-Dive Kick..........40%
Teleport+3, 2, 1, Spin, NJP, Dash, 1, Dash, 1, 1, 2, 1, EX-Hat, Dash, 2, 4, Grab, 3..........42%

also an xray one
Teleport+3, 2, 1, Spin, NJP, Dash, 2, Dash, 2, 4, X-ray, Dash, 2, 4, Grab, 3..........53%

Corner X-Ray
JP, 2, 4, Spin, JK+DiveK, (Jump Backwards)JK+DiveK, 2, 4, X-Ray, Dash, 2, 4, Grab, 3..........57% could be 55% not sure ATM

Instead of:
Teleport+3, 2, 1, Spin,

you can use:
Teleport+3, 1, 1, 2, Spin,
but the damage wont be as high, still good if you are used to it, bit not as high, just a matter of preference :)

Last edited:
If you main him, you will understand all the fun we have online, you can almost smell the fear before the match begins, and thus giving you the victory before the match even begins lol
LOVE IT!!!! KL FTW YEAH!!!!

Also to the OP, you ever planing on updating the threads? most if not all of those combos dont damage like that any more. :)

heres 1 with an alt ending for it, and is current too ;)

Teleport+3, 2, 1, Spin, NJP, Dash, 1, Dash, 1, 1, 2, 1, EX-Hat, Dash, Uppercut.........40%
Teleport+3, 2, 1, Spin, NJP, Dash, 1, Dash, 1, 1, 2, 1, EX-Hat, EX-Dive Kick..........40%
Teleport+3, 2, 1, Spin, NJP, Dash, 1, Dash, 1, 1, 2, 1, EX-Hat, Dash, 2, 4, Grab, 3..........42%

also an xray one
Teleport+3, 2, 1, Spin, NJP, Dash, 2, Dash, 2, 4, X-ray, Dash, 2, 4, Grab, 3..........53%

Corner X-Ray
JP, 2, 4, Spin, JK+DiveK, (Jump Backwards)JK+DiveK, 2, 4, X-Ray, Dash, 2, 4, Grab, 3..........57% could be 55% not sure ATM

Instead of:
Teleport+3, 2, 1, Spin,

you can use:
Teleport+3, 1, 1, 2, Spin,
but the damage wont be as high, still good if you are used to it, bit not as high, just a matter of preference :)

He has no meterless bnb's ?

Amazingly OP, and anyone can use him so don't think that you're good.
One thing I find ironic in this game, is the fact that Kung Lao is so easy to use. I never played MK3, but wasn't he pretty hard to use in that game? Yet Kabal is pretty hard to use in MK9, but I've heard that he was pretty easy to use in MK3. Coincidence or not, it's pretty weird considering that most of the characters in MK9 are based on their MK3 counterparts.

One thing I find ironic in this game, is the fact that Kung Lao is so easy to use. I never played MK3, but wasn't he pretty hard to use in that game? Yet Kabal is pretty hard to use in MK9, but I've heard that he was pretty easy to use in MK3. Coincidence or not, it's pretty weird considering that most of the characters in MK9 are based on their MK3 counterparts.

Kung Lao used to be an underdog and anyone who played as them was considered to be a good player, completely opposite with MK9. Kabal in MK3 was easier to use, but still required skill to play as and still takes skill to play as.

Kabal was undoubetly the top-tier in MK3. I rocked as him. He's not hard at all to use and pretty easy to juggle because he has so many useful tools. In MK9, he's much more a zoner than he used to be in MK3 and honestly - and I consider myself a pretty damn good Kabal player in MK3 - it takes more skill to use Kabal in MK9.

Kung Lao however was one of the weakest in MK3. His hat projectile was extremely easy to avoid and punish, his spin was quite limited, his teleport was MUCH WEAKER and his dive kick didn't have the same space of action it has now. Yeah, there's no need to comparing MK3 Kung Lao and MK9 Kung Lao, they have similar moves but they really over-powered him in this game.

kung lao

im having trouble with the plum flower combo that kung lao were its like Y,B,XA,Y and i do it 4o percent of the time and other times i put it in i do it perfect it dont work can someone give me some advice is there timing or something like that involved

Re: kung lao

im having trouble with the plum flower combo that kung lao were its like Y,B,XA,Y and i do it 4o percent of the time and other times i put it in i do it perfect it dont work can someone give me some advice is there timing or something like that involved

keep mashing that Y as soon as you do the Y,B, A+X thats what I do and it works most of the time. Timing it is really really really really really really strict

When I first played as Kung Lao I did not notice to much difference only in the basic combos because they do change them in every game. to me he was the same as he was in the third mk and I still work my but off to be good with him. one more thing people say that he only has 4 ex moves but they are wrong he has five ex moves the fifth is ex teleport called the double teleport and I wanted people to know that.

another thing with the ex teleport it also has armor when you use it the armor stops working when kung lao's feet touch the ground. it is a nice move.

Jump Punch - Dive Kick - Spin - Spin - X-Ray - Dash - 1 - Spin

10 hits and 51% damage. To make it easier you also can let 1 away since it only does 1% damage.