Demi Kuei

Burning_Eye

Imagine if you will that poor lass we know as Frost left for dead in her tomb of ice. Now picture a familiar figure stumbling upon the ruins in which Sub-Zero left her remains. This figure is none other than the defeated member of Lin Kuei, Sektor.
He discovers Frost in her icy prison and hatches a plan. First he will thaw her(remember his flamethrower from MK3?), thereby gaining her trust and allegiance. Sektor knows it will not be hard to persuade Frost to his cause. She has already turned on her former master and embraces the thought of revenge(best served cold, is it not?). With this pact, Sektor and Frost form a branch of the Lin Kuei they call "Demi Kuei." Already a force of great potential, Frost dons ancestral armor akin to Sub-Zero's and the duo become a nigh unstoppable force. Factor in another as yet unnamed recruit and we have yet another faction with serious power.

DeathcoreRyknow, you make a hollow point. Was Johnny Cage not dead until they(Elder Gods,MK writers) revived him to join his friends in UMK3 and 4? What I am saying is that to argue a person is dead in Mortal Kombat is fruitless. Like all good forms of media, a good character does not stay dead(Superman died,Green Arrow too).Sometimes not so great characters come back to life as well...ahem Liu Kang. Anyway, lets not forget Mortal Kombat is not about death but life.
Technically, Frost was not dead before she was iced over. It was her inability to wield the Dragon Medaliion that turned her own ice powers against her effectively rendering her immobile, dead(no one stays dead) and quite cold.
As far as the yet unnamed member, I've been thinking Rain would make a fine addition to this clique. His powers over weather already make him a great fit, plus I think hes got the right mentality for the group.

That is true about Frost. She never died before getting iced over, should hae remembered that. Rain, boy would I like to play him in the next MK fighting game. I have MK Trilogy and he's in it, but it's glitchy and sucks. They should remake it and fix the game.

i love this Sektor/Frost thing. i would like to see Rain being good though. i dont know why, i just would. Demi Kuei is a wicked idea! i like the whole idea of all these little factions coming up against each other in the MK universe. GANG WARS BABY. the outworld investigation agency needs more focus in my opinion

-illusion-, I'm going off the back story for MK:DA that states Sektor challenged Sub for control of the Lin Kuei. I know he was defeated, not sure if he was killed. Does it matter if he was? Read my above blurb about characters not staying dead.
johnnyuppercut, I appreciate your feedback and am in agreement that the Outworld Investigation Agency should definitely be involved. Mortal Kombat:Resurgence, a chance for any kombatant to step from their place and rise again.

Shit, as if Sub-Zero doesn't have enough enemies already...

Well, I do think it's pretty redundant to have two ice-wielding characters in the same game...I don't like the idea of Frost coming back, and this faction’s only driving power is to kick Subzero’s ass…meaning that Subzero would have to be in the game. Rain…I don’t think he would have any reason to join them, either. Sure, the three would make a deadly team, but Rain really doesn’t fit in in terms of storyline/character.

“Demi Kuei” isn’t completely a bad idea, the idea of a renegade “Anti Lin-Kuei” faction feuding with the Lin Kuei, akin to the Black Dragon-Red Dragon feud, actually sounds pretty good. Sub-Zero vs. Sektor, not bad. The only way I can see this happening, though, is if both sides get new recruits, as in “not returning characters”. Or maybe the Demi Kuei could form an allegiance with the Red Dragon…hmm…

I like your ideas, HuitZ. I like Rain in Demi Kuei however. He's not the definite third member, just one I think is a good fit. Rain has little story to work with right now but it's relatively easy to write up a reason for him to join Sektor and Frost. If you insist, I will come up with a motive for him.
As for the only driving reason being to beat Sub-Zero, not exactly. Sure, that is their(Demi Kuei) first course of action. From there, I see them becoming a threat to everyone opposed to their mission to attain absolution over all(a reasonable resolution to those who are mad with power).
Another thing, I'd like original members of Lin Kuei to emerge and perhaps join Demi Kuei or unite and form a fortified Lin Kuei in an attempt to thwart the renegade subsidiary, with Sub accepting leadership positon of course. This way, Sub would actually have a chance of resisting his myriad enemies.

Why does it matter? All we're referring to is when Sub was leader, and that was in MK:DA.
Also, before MK:DA, i don't believe it was known who led the Lin Kuei. However, whoever it was in MK3 tried to automate all its members clearly succeeding with Sektor,Cyrax and Smoke. Sub being the only known member escaping this fate. Now that you mention it though, it brings up interesting possibilites. Hmmm. Curious, indeed.

You're right. I like the idea of having Sektor automate Frost instead of leaving her in human form to kind of form a cybernetic Anti- Lin Kuei since Sektor was the most loyal to the original clan.

These are all really cool ideas except instead of Rain being a part of the demi-kuei what about Smoke? I mean he used to be Sub's best friend until he was cybernated and even then didnt have the balls to kill him but since he joined up with Noob he probably would kill Sub and a reason for joining the Demi-Kuei would be because if he found out that Noob was the original Sub-zero he wouldnt want to be a part of him and join Sektor and Frost in an attempt to murder both members of the Sub-zero family.

Burning_Eye said:
Rain has little story to work with right now but it's relatively easy to write up a reason for him to join Sektor and Frost. If you insist, I will come up with a motive for him.
That is true. And it's not like Midway doesn't do that, I mean, look at Ermac and Nightwolf in MKD. :|
Burning_Eye said:
As for the only driving reason being to beat Sub-Zero, not exactly. Sure, that is their(Demi Kuei) first course of action. From there, I see them becoming a threat to everyone opposed to their mission to attain absolution over all(a reasonable resolution to those who are mad with power).
Woo, another power-hungry bad-guy clique? Sektor never struck me as the take-over-the-world type, but you could get out of that by saying he's malfunctioning, seeing as how he's a cyborg. That would actually be pretty cool. We haven't had one of those before, have we?

A malfunctioning, power-hungry cyborg? Wait, let me check...nope, we don't have one of those yet. Does sound pretty cool.
I was more referring to Frost about the insatiable desire for more power though. Hey, the proof is in the ice prison. Her greed led to her demise.
That would be cool if there was kind of a joint leadership between Sektor and Frost. One thing I don't want for this group is betrayal. Hopefully, they realize, together they are far more powerful.

I know betrayal is an all-too-common theme in Mortal Kombat, especially with the bad guy types. Frost doesn't strike me as someone who would be very loyal to anyone, though.

But then again, maybe she would, seeing as how she really doesn't have anything to gain by killing Sektor.

As for Sektor, we (or at least I) do not know enough about him to say how he'd treat it - as an alliance, or a partnership.

I was just wondering, after the Lin Kuei, who would be the next target/victim to their ambitions? I was thinking about this, and I'm not too sure, but probably either the Black or Red dragon, in order to win a temporary allegiance with the non-targeted Dragon. They probably wouldn't care tuppence about those Orderrealm blokes, and I don't think they'd be as worried about Special Forces, or whatever Jax/Sonya/Cyrax/Kenshi are called now. Gotta take care of the competition first.

what is this crap i keep reading about MK:resurgance? is this a confirmed name for the next mk fighting game?!! or is this just another lame ass fan-boy creation that they hope would come true???

anyway as far as the whole demi kuei idea, that name just doesn't roll off the tongue like lin kuei does...besides let ed boon figure out what he's gonna do with the characters and the story. but then again, who knows? maybe he'll use your idea like he did with some of the fan fatality ideas i saw online which actually made it into the game (kobra's new version of the heart rip and kenshi's stab then slice). if he does much props to you man and if i were i would demand my name in the credits!! :wink:

Dunno if Resurgence is official or not (though I really doubt that it would be), but what's so bad about it?

Resurgence: A continuing after interruption; a renewal.

After the Dragon King gets owned, isn't the order and overall state of things supposed to be renewed?

Besides, it sounds pretty cool.

I agree with you that Demi Kuei doesn't sound very good, but that's what I'm referring to it as for the sake of the thread.