Demi Kuei

HuitZ said:
Dunno if Resurgence is official or not (though I really doubt that it would be), but what's so bad about it?

Resurgence: A continuing after interruption; a renewal.

After the Dragon King gets owned, isn't the order and overall state of things supposed to be renewed?

Besides, it sounds pretty cool.

I agree with you that Demi Kuei doesn't sound very good, but that's what I'm referring to it as for the sake of the thread.

so basicly it is just a name most fans are using?

Kangisischamp, it's actually quite easy to tell its just the ideas of a fan(me) by reading just the first word of this thread: "Imagine".
Do I consider myself a "lame-ass fanboy"? No. "Another creation I hope would come true."? Not even close. I'm just writing ideas and thoughts. This forum is dedicated to future or as yet unreleased games, is it not?
On to something else, I stand by the Resurgence subtitle I came up with. HuitZ, I appreciate your feedback on this.
About Demi Kuei, the name is obviously something I threw together based on the existing Lin Kuei(rolls off the tongue?). Demi is supposed to designate that this is a sub branch of the original Kuei. How's this for a remedy: Dem Kuei? Of course it sounds like slang for "Them Kuei" but we're getting somewhere. I am trying to keep part of the name intact so as to allude to the fact its members are remnants of Lin Kuei. Maybe something beginning with Lin would work better. One thing is certain, instead of making this a critical analysis of my work, let's just brainstorm and improve on what's good. If nothing is good in your opinion, start from scratch.
HuitZ, you're right. Frost would have no reason to betray Sektor. Besides she's practically the leader of the fold. Frost and Sektor both were given the cold shoulder(haha) by Zero. So they kind of have this pact to not turn on eachother. Sub-Zero is the common enemy that formed the group but he is not the sole reason for said groups existence. Everyone's a target for them: Special Forces(access to portals), Black and Red Dragon( Dem Kuei shoud just side with one like you mentioned). Not to mention the loftiest goal of all: to conquer the competition and take out the emperor. Once this is done, they're pretty much unstoppable.

Burning_Eye said:
Kangisischamp, it's actually quite easy to tell its just the ideas of a fan(me) by reading just the first word of this thread: "Imagine".
Do I consider myself a "lame-ass fanboy"? No. "Another creation I hope would come true."? Not even close. I'm just writing ideas and thoughts. This forum is dedicated to future or as yet unreleased games, is it not?
On to something else, I stand by the Resurgence subtitle I came up with. HuitZ, I appreciate your feedback on this.
About Demi Kuei, the name is obviously something I threw together based on the existing Lin Kuei(rolls off the tongue?). Demi is supposed to designate that this is a sub branch of the original Kuei. How's this for a remedy: Dem Kuei? Of course it sounds like slang for "Them Kuei" but we're getting somewhere. I am trying to keep part of the name intact so as to allude to the fact its members are remnants of Lin Kuei. Maybe something beginning with Lin would work better. One thing is certain, instead of making this a critical analysis of my work, let's just brainstorm and improve on what's good. If nothing is good in your opinion, start from scratch.
HuitZ, you're right. Frost would have no reason to betray Sektor. Besides she's practically the leader of the fold. Frost and Sektor both were given the cold shoulder(haha) by Zero. So they kind of have this pact to not turn on eachother. Sub-Zero is the common enemy that formed the group but he is not the sole reason for said groups existence. Everyone's a target for them: Special Forces(access to portals), Black and Red Dragon( Dem Kuei shoud just side with one like you mentioned). Not to mention the loftiest goal of all: to conquer the competition and take out the emperor. Once this is done, they're pretty much unstoppable.
the way you changed what you said earlier would make it just like Deadly Alliance as for the names why not just call them the Kuei Slayers or something like that

Burning_Eye said:

cool man, i didn't mean any offense by what i wrote earlier, i just get irritated when i read titles like that and tell my friends "the new mk is gonna be called mk: resurgence" and when it comes out it has another name and they're like "you liar..."

anyway dem kuei does sound alot better though

To make it sound more fitting try Dim, not Dem. Has more of an oriental feel and it rolls off the tongue easier as well. IMO at least.

dim sum...?
dim witted...?
maybe they become heretics and call themselves the original, genuine article or something. and like call themselves 'true kuei' or something.
believing that their cause is some kind of righteous journey.

if you want to bring dead warriors to action why not a second mk trilogy?
about Rain..I think that he would be a friend of Kitana or Sindel!
the third guy could be an unknwon cyborg ninja discouvered by Sektor in Lin Kuei's original headquarter..

scorpion'sting said:
if you want to bring dead warriors to action why not a second mk trilogy?
about Rain..I think that he would be a friend of Kitana or Sindel!
the third guy could be an unknwon cyborg ninja discouvered by Sektor in Lin Kuei's original headquarter..
How about "no". If cyrax, sektor and smoke still exist, we don't need any more cyborg ninja.

I did not steal the idea from anyone! I'm not saying that I was the first who had te idea of a second MKT! i've got this idea when I bought MK4, but if you want to be known as the "second MKT creator".. I've got nothing to do with it!

So Rain is from Edenia? It doesn't make him a good guy. Besides, I don't care if he was good, for Dem Kuei or Dim Kuei or whatever it is now he is bad. Remember in Konquest when Rain was devising some devious plot or something against Jade in Edenia? Well, Jade is good therefore Rain is bad. See, its actually pretty simple logic I'm using here. Anyway, Rain is a member of Dem Kuei, end of story.

well Burning the reason you madeit sound like DA was because of the new Kuei wanting to become the biggest fish in the pond and killing the emporer of outworld wich was Shang Tsung and Quan Chi's doing

What about this...
insted of sektor finding frost.. noob saboit... then later he recruit sektor and he loose smoke. Sub zero gains smoke back as a friend and gaines like rain since he was orginaly good but is just a pussy that didnt want to get killed

well i dont really like rain or kno much bout him but sub zero needs more allies everyone hates him , sektor, noob, smoke, scorpion, etc

I like the idea of bringing back some old characters, and Frost becoming Sub-Zeros enemy. Wasn't it led to believe that Frost was Sub-Zeros long lost sister? I remember reading that on the history of MK on this site.

Anyway here's how I think you could get the old Lin Kuei characters back. In MK:DA in Mavados ending the Red Dragon are told of a new threat to them, the Lin Kuei. So the Lin Kuei and the Red Dragon are now enemies. That could make a possible alliance between the Black Dragon and the Lin Kuei, or a former member of the Lin Kuei (Sektor) and the Black Dragon. So Sektor gains the trust of the Black Dragon clan, and takes Onagas heart from where they keep it. Hence giving him the power to resurrect the dead. He could resurrect Frost, and any other Ex Lin Kuei members, but if the cyborgs were resurrected, would they come back in their human form or cyborg form?

Yes thats what i've always thought that Sub-zero should team up with Reptile because they would just make a perfect team and Sub-zero might even be able to make Reptile a ninja again, btw i know this is off topic but if anyone noticed that Sub-zero's alt is pretty weird and i'm pretty sure thats not our Sub because where is his scar?