*please read* official formatting for character threads

Thirteenthorder

I'm sorry I had to do this, it's getting a little ridiculous now.

I've seen numerous character threads popping up now in response to Jade's magnificent work (such as mine and Reptile0009's). However, many of these threads have little to no content and are just plain out barebones. These threads don't need a sticky. If you have a kombo, post it in the Combo Thread. Otherwise, please follow this Character Thread Format to keep things orderly from now on.

Thread Title: [Character Name] - [Character Quote]

[Paragraph/Short Summary on character background and/or how to play as that character very generally]

[Next section needs to detail all special moves, including each X-Ray. Input motion is optional, however a short description of what the move does and when to use it needs to be available]

[Continue into a new Spoiler box with Notations. Do not use console specific buttons or LK/HP type buttons. Instead please use 1, 2, 3, and 4 to create a more unified system of notations and to avoid new user confusion should they come looking for character-specific information]

[Your next Spoiler box needs to contain tactical information detailing how your character can deal with the following characters:

-VS Spam, Zoners, and Keepaways

-VS Teleport Spammers

-Anti Air Tactics

-Mixup Game

Any additional strategy is optional. If you need help with adding content to these sections in your thread, ask your fellow players]

[Moving on, this next Spoiler box in your thread should contain combos and/or blockstrings for your character. Again, please use the correct notations as detailed above. It would be useful to divide your kombos in the below sections:

-X-Ray Kombos

-Kombos that use meters

-Kombos that do not use meter]

[The final section of your thread is totally optional. Should you/other players make a video of your character or if you find matches with notable players featuring your character, this is the place they should go]

[Finally, make two or three empty posts with the words "Reserved for later use". Incase you should choose to add any more optional content]

Thank you to all of the users here. Please understand that I'm not bashing any other threads out there, however I would appreciate more effort into Character Threads around here as would the community. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I had to do this, it's getting a little ridiculous now.

I've seen numerous character threads popping up now in response to Jade's magnificent work (such as mine and Reptile0009's). However, many of these threads have little to no content and are just plain out barebones. These threads don't need a sticky. If you have a kombo, post it in the Combo Thread. Otherwise, please follow this Character Thread Format to keep things orderly from now on.

Thread Title: [Character Name] - [Character Quote]

[Paragraph/Short Summary on character background and/or how to play as that character very generally]

[Next section needs to detail all special moves, including each X-Ray. Input motion is optional, however a short description of what the move does and when to use it needs to be available]

[Continue into a new Spoiler box with Notations. Do not use console specific buttons or LK/HP type buttons. Instead please use 1, 2, 3, and 4 to create a more unified system of notations and to avoid new user confusion should they come looking for character-specific information]

[Your next Spoiler box needs to contain tactical information detailing how your character can deal with the following characters:

-VS Spam, Zoners, and Keepaways

-VS Teleport Spammers

-Anti Air Tactics

-Mixup Game

Any additional strategy is optional. If you need help with adding content to these sections in your thread, ask your fellow players]

[Moving on, this next Spoiler box in your thread should contain combos and/or blockstrings for your character. Again, please use the correct notations as detailed above. It would be useful to divide your kombos in the below sections:

-X-Ray Kombos

-Kombos that use meters

-Kombos that do not use meter]

[The final section of your thread is totally optional. Should you/other players make a video of your character or if you find matches with notable players featuring your character, this is the place they should go]

[Finally, make two or three empty posts with the words "Reserved for later use". Incase you should choose to add any more optional content]

Thank you to all of the users here. Please understand that I'm not bashing any other threads out there, however I would appreciate more effort into Character Threads around here as would the community. Thanks.

Too right buddy. +rep

Thanks for this, I'm working on a Kung Lao thread (hope to post it this night), and I didn't know how to put it, since the threads have different layouts.

Absolutely. I'm going to be requesting a Sticky on this. It needs to be the standard for posts. Credit to Zephna for the format.

You can use my format too, i think is a bit more neat. My character guide threads links are in my signature, if you like my layout you can use it too.

So you're saying I should seperate EX combos from regular combos?
Example of how I do things:
Jump Kick, Teleport Drop or EX Teleport Drop, Air Sai Blast or EX Air Sai Blast: 18% damage or 22% with EX Teleport Drop and EX Sai Blast. The timing is a little tricky, you'll have to pull the Teleport off as soon as you land the Jump Kick. Works on enemies on the ground.

So you're saying I should seperate EX combos from regular combos?
Example of how I do things:
Jump Kick, Teleport Drop or EX Teleport Drop, Air Sai Blast or EX Air Sai Blast: 18% damage or 22% with EX Teleport Drop and EX Sai Blast. The timing is a little tricky, you'll have to pull the Teleport off as soon as you land the Jump Kick. Works on enemies on the ground.

Yes, EX Kombos and Meterless Kombos are totally separate

Very nice, this layout should provide plenty of information and makes it easy to find what you need to know. +rep.

@Macros - Thanks so much! I want everything to be neat and organized for veteran users alike. Consider me the Hotaru of the MK 2011 boards, enforcing order haha.

@Zoidberg - Good job bro! I'm glad this could be of help! ^_^

Guess I need to work on the format containing strategies against certain type of characters. Not easy since I use my usually general strategy against anyone using whatever character they are using. At least I added description for the basic combos I made.

Guess I need to work on the format containing strategies against certain type of characters. Not easy since I use my usually general strategy against anyone using whatever character they are using. At least I added description for the basic combos I made.

I'll check out your thread to see what changes can make it better

Well, just to be safe, I'll do a tactics section for Scorpion, but can't do it for Sheeva since she doesn't have any clear advantages against most characters.

Question: Why doesn't anyone but me have a matchups section for their character? It seems I'm the only one whose doing it.