Baraka Thread - *Ching Ching* "RAAAAAR!"

Zoid, im debating whether to give up on Baraka.

I was so stubborn in the start to believe that he was good, very good but I just feel he is lacking. Yes, he is great in the corner, and his footsies are very good, but I just feel CSZ, QC and Kano are just better characters after all.

Baraka is the "oldest" main I still use regularly, having stopped using Jade, Sheeva and NW. I still use Sindel occasionally, but just as a pocket back up.

I think one of Baraka's strongest perks is his obscurity.
Nobody knows how to fight a Raka or what he will do.

But I still think he is a great character.
His corners are one thing, but when you add in his resets & mix-ups he becomes a seemingly unstoppable weapon.

I think one of Baraka's strongest perks is his obscurity.
Nobody knows how to fight a Raka or what he will do.

But I still think he is a great character.
His corners are one thing, but when you add in his resets & mix-ups he becomes a seemingly unstoppable weapon.

The game has been out for almost a year now. Good players know how to fight almost every character, including Baraka.
Im sticking with him though, he will forever be my main.

I'm talking about everyone, not just "good players".
Majority of online players don't even know who he is.

....While that is true, when you play mostly good players you have to realize that "surprise" factor goes completely out of the window.

I'll probably keep Baraka as I've invested a lot of time into him. I think at this point, CSZ is the character I enjoy using the most. Kano and QC are still works in progress.

I did learn at offlines how good Barakas d4 into grab is!! O.O

I love he some Raka.
Tired of only seeing 3 people posting in this thread.

Guess I'll throw in some of my tactics:

~First time I play someone I always start off with an EX blade charge on round 1.
Some times even round 2, then next time I run up for a grab.

~After his f4 reset I go for the b3 1 b3 1 back into reset. Then I go for a f2 into charge when I expect the low block after my reset. I'm trying to use f2 chop chop, but its a bit demanding. I will sometimes block after f4 when I fear a character with fast specials.

~I am not afraid to zone with Raka. I won't spam my sparks, but time them so you jump into them. And when you try to zone back I go in for the EX blade.

~I find that blade spin is best pony/wake-up

~Always for b2 for finisher. ***** slaps ftw

Baraka, one of the few (heavy characters in my opinion) Its almost impossible, if you just keep advancing, not allowing for your enemy to be able to use projectiles, or teleport attacks on you, (Also you got to know some combos) you should win almost every time. Against Noob, Ermac, Stryker Noobs, he is perfect for, also for Agile players like Smoke, Johnny Cage, Scorpion and Sonya he should also be able to beat against with relevant ease. Also you can fit his xray into many of his combos, and chop blades (the 7 hit special move combo) and almost all of his special moves can be fit into his fighting style. So in my opionion BARAKA is a ****en tank. Ive played about 50 games online with him, and I lost about 4-6 games with him, and I'm not a extremely skilled player with him.

Baraka, one of the few (heavy characters in my opinion) Its almost impossible, if you just keep advancing, not allowing for your enemy to be able to use projectiles, or teleport attacks on you, (Also you got to know some combos) you should win almost every time.

If you play a rushdown Baraka, you will get killed by good players. He is NOT a rushdown character, he relies heavily on footsies. Combos are really not even necessary unless in the corner, even then it is better to end with a reset.

Against Noob, Ermac, Stryker Noobs, he is perfect for, also for Agile players like Smoke, Johnny Cage, Scorpion and Sonya he should also be able to beat against with relevant ease.

The only character Baraka has an advtantage against is Sheeva and Jade. Although he only has a slight disadvantage against Stryker and Noob because he beats them up close. Ermac the matchup is practically even, but you cannot just rush in. You have to make him throw out a TKP and punish it with blade charge. Sonya and JC are bad matchups, he only wins by being very patient and very lucky. Scorpion is only a slight disadvantage, and without resets he is even with Smoke.

On TYM we have done a community tier list, and here is what me and the other Raka rep came up with(we discussed thoroughly with other reps as well). In case you guys are curious:
Scorpion: 4.5-5.5
Liu Kang: 4-6
Kung Lao: 4-6
Sub Zero: 4.5-5.5
Sindel: 4.5-5.5
Ermac: 5-5
Reptile: 4-6
Kitana: 4-6
JC: 4-6
Jade: 6-4
Mileena: 5-5
Nightwolf: 4.5-5.5
Cyrax: 4-6
Noob: 4.5-5.5
Smoke: 5-5
Sektor: 4.5-5.5
Sonya: 4-6
Jax: 4-6
Kano: 5-5
Stryker: 4.5-5.5
Shang: 4.5-5.5
Kabal: 3-7
Raiden: 4-6
Sheeva: 6-4
Quan Chi: 5-5
Cyber sub: 5-5
Kenshi: 3.5-6.5
Rain: 4.5-5.5
Freddy: 4-6
Skarlett: 4-6

Reducing the recovery on Raka's Ex Spark would move him up I'd think.
Give him access to some smaller, yet present reset combos.