another corner 41% no meter 12 hits

b31 b31 b31 b31 b31 b32

and yet another! 44% no meter! 13 hits

b31 b31 b31 b31 b31 b32bladecharge :)

Last edited:
I got these after-tweak corner combos for Baraka:

(corner) 2, 1, 1+2, 1, 2, 1, Enhanced Blade Slices - 11 Hits 33%
(corner) 2, 2, 1+2, B+3, 1, 1, 2, X-Ray - 12 Hits 44%

Updates coming later, I been in the lab all night. Found a corner x ray combo for a whopping 56% :D, obviously all variations of the same stuff, so I'll put the ones I find most effective and have ease of execution along w/ noting the option to extend if you care to, but some of that extra shit is pretty unreliable. Thanks for all the combos, I'll add em (obviously not ALL variations of the same shit) when I get up sometime haha...

EDIT: Baraka is a F'ing GOD now... and just to note, I really don't think he'll need a nerf, because his damage is now just on par w/ the rest of the high rushdown characfters.

Another thing to note, he got kinda a silent patch. He seems to move MUCH faster, his b+1, 1 is extremely quick, his uppercut is faster (recovery the same) and his sparks seem to have much faster recovery. I've been playing him for the past week and a half so I KNOW this to be true, regardless whether they said so in patch notes.

Thread has been updated w/ mass combo info and a few tweaks to special move strategy. Will start updating the rest very soon, thanks for the combo contributions, and though I posted MY most reliable versions, I also made sure people know they can extend them if they're comfortable with it :). Enjoy the new Baraka

Holy easy damage baraka 11 hit 43% chop chop,xray timing is strict as heck but doable basically just fir off the xray as soon as he's done Chopin 47% corner uf 1or2, b3,1 (6x) blade charge

Last edited:
I havn't been successful in incorperating it to wall, the one I posted is mcuh more effective and damaging. As far as the chop chop to x ray go, you should dash, d+4 to confirm so you don't waste your meter... just my opinion

soooo I have this extensive strategy and not enough room to even put half of it... I guess I'll have to make it a .txt and post the link. I'll see if I can summarize it when I'm done so you can get a basic idea what'll be in it before having to dl it and crap

Just gonna throw this out there; did anyone else notice that his enhanced blade fury (<--, <--, fp + R2/rt) is completely useless? If you do the unenhanced version, you can do a blade charge right after it, creating more damage (and a nice way to help get them into a corner).

Just gonna throw this out there; did anyone else notice that his enhanced blade fury (<--, <--, fp + R2/rt) is completely useless? If you do the unenhanced version, you can do a blade charge right after it, creating more damage (and a nice way to help get them into a corner).

Far from useless, it does 17% alone, end a corner combo w it, you'll see haha

Baraka is a character I've wanted to get into since the game came out. He's always been one of my favorites, but couldn't get used to him. This buff however has got me EXTREMELY happy. Thanks for all the updates guys!!

im glad to see baraka players happy about the patch and the buffs

one of my fav characters even though i dont play him

Toyed around with Barack before the buff a bit, but since the buff I'm been very happy with his damage output. And why not? He's got ****ing blades on his arms, it only makes sense that he does a high amount of damage with his blade-y moves. people seem to have a hard time with him online; they often underestimate the punishing power of blade charge and it's charged version, though it's important to not get predictable. **** I need to look up basic arcade notation for MK9 but his forward-back kick (done twice; the 360 version is --> B, B. It's a great finisher for combos, (I think I mean the 2,2, 2+1?) and does decent damage for what it's worth.