Rain Discussion ~ All Rain Related Topics Go Here

Re: Rain - Why we want him as DLC

He says Rain has not a big fanbase (what is false, its a ver big one) and he says that Havik needs to be in the game, lol Havik doesnt even have 1/10 of the fans Rain has.

well I couldn't care less about Havik, I don't like him at all.. but that's not the point really, so many people go like 'no more ninjas rawwwwwwr', like wtf.. it's not MKT anymore, everyone is unique now. it's what you said before, ninjas marked this game, even the most ignorant person ever about mk KNOWS scorpion and subzero, KNOWS kitana and mileena.. so what , if they give tanya a mask she doesn't deserve a spot cause she'll look like a ninja too? I don't get it. it's not like during gameplay scorpion, ermac etc scream 'I'm a ninja yo' or something. I too want to see Motaro or cyborg Smoke or Reiko or Frost or whoever, but I wouldn't say I don't wanna see the XYZ character because he's a ninja or a barbarian or a cyborg or whatever. this game is so awesome, everyone has identity now. each player, even STRYKER :p, has something to offer now

well I couldn't care less about Havik, I don't like him at all.. but that's not the point really, so many people go like 'no more ninjas rawwwwwwr', like wtf.. it's not MKT anymore, everyone is unique now. it's what you said before, ninjas marked this game, even the most ignorant person ever about mk KNOWS scorpion and subzero, KNOWS kitana and mileena.. so what , if they give tanya a mask she doesn't deserve a spot cause she'll look like a ninja too? I don't get it. it's not like during gameplay scorpion, ermac etc scream 'I'm a ninja yo' or something. I too want to see Motaro or cyborg Smoke or Reiko or Frost or whoever, but I wouldn't say I don't wanna see the XYZ character because he's a ninja or a barbarian or a cyborg or whatever. this game is so awesome, everyone has identity now. each player, even STRYKER :p, has something to offer now

You do have a valid point lol

i was very disappointed when i found out that Rain wasn't gonna be part of the roster because he was my favorite in MKTrilogy...i wasn't going to buy this game but i found out that Liu Kang was part of the roster..after i bought the game, i was still disappointed that Liu Kang's moves aren't forward forward anymore, most of it are backforward...hopefully they add Rain soon..this game kinda suck for me without my favorite character lol

I think Rain is guaranteed DLC. Too many people are asking for him for NRS not to listen

I laugh at the dumbasses who say "yay Rain, no Tremor."

Can't believe that loser got in over him :(

We need a new Black Dragon so we can lose Kobra, Kira, and Jarek!

I liked playing as rain in the old days. but as far as storytelling and such. I don't really care. To me he's kind of like Sheeva... just there to get beat up by everyone LOL. I guess the bad guys could use another henchmen.

If they can manage to give sheeva/rain ect a much more interesting character, and make me CARE about them. Then I will change my mind. But thus far... They don't intrigue me much.

Quick question about Rain

I was wondering why it's taking Rain so long to show up as DLC. I may be wrong, but wasn't the MK9 cast supposed to based on what the fans wanted? I think that there's a good chance he shows up later, but I can't help but wonder why he wasn't the first DLC character to be released :/

It's like everytime I see something about MK9, there's always someone saying they want Rain. So why wasn't he announced first?

This has probably been posted many times, and I'm sorry if it has, I just want to know.

Re: Quick question about Rain

They're focusing on Skarlet and Kenshi right now, and they're waiting to see how the DLC sells before making more, so while you can bet your ass along with mine that Rain will be DLC eventually, he won't be officially confirmed for a little while (maybe in late June or early July is when they'll announce him). Hope this helps. :smile:

There are various posts about Rain, but I can't recollect any that would answer your question at the moment. Anyways, by now you've noticed that NRS keeps its fan base on a need to know basis, and my gut feeling is that Rain will eventually be in, however we'll prob don't hear about it until a couple of months from now. The fact that he was not in the initial lineup nor in the first batch of DLC tells me that NRS was not intending on including him in the game whatsoever. The magnitude of the outcry from the fans may have changed that. Skarlet and Kenshi it seems they've been working on for a while since some were actually able to hack the game and obtain Skarlet's skin.

They're focusing on Skarlet and Kenshi right now, and they're waiting to see how the DLC sells before making more, so while you can bet your ass along with mine that Rain will be DLC eventually, he won't be officially confirmed for a little while (maybe in late June or early July is when they'll announce him). Hope this helps. :smile:

And why it was so hard to make Rain first? Rain should be the first DLC, is obvious he will sell a lot more than Skarlet, even better, he would be the most sold character of all, If they want to see how much they can sell realese Rain first and not an unknown girl, she seems good but not as much as Rain.

And why it was so hard to make Rain first? Rain should be the first DLC, is obvious he will sell a lot more than Skarlet, even better, he would be the most sold character of all, If they want to see how much they can sell realese Rain first and not an unknown girl, she seems good but not as much as Rain.

Skarlet is a tribute to us long time MK fans, making a rumor into a character worked great for Ermac so it might work for her. However I am pissed that they would develop Kenshi before giving thought to putting in Rain.

But that's the problem: they couldn't judge how future DLC will sell if Rain were the first because we all know that Rain would have sold really well; he would sell well regardless of whether he was the first, second, third, or even last DLC character. He's not a good comparison considering he has a large built-in fanbase and large demand; Skarlet has none of these advantages as she is a new character. It's like with the box office; you can't judge what Super 8, an original movie with no install base, will gross based on Transformers 2's box office because that has a large install base and demand. They want to see how the characters without all the aforementioned factors will sell, so that they can get an idea of how well largely requested characters like Rain will sell when they become DLC. Why do you think Skarlet is first and Kenshi is second? Kenshi is an established character, unlike Skarlet with larger demand. Just be patient, he'll be DLC eventually.

Skarlet is a tribute to us long time MK fans, making a rumor into a character worked great for Ermac so it might work for her. However I am pissed that they would develop Kenshi before giving thought to putting in Rain.

I get all the rumor into character thing, but before bringing new characters, NRS should make as the tribute of completing the roster with an existing and missing character that a lot of people is claiming.

It's all marketing. They are likely saving him for one of two reasons:

1. To coincide with a competitor's game/DLC release to keep attention on MK. This would be similar to June 7's Klassic costumes being available the same day as SSF4:AE.

2. Waiting until hype for the game dies down a little and then releasing a very recognizable/liked character to get people playing again.

I get all the rumor into character thing, but before bringing new characters, NRS should make as the tribute of completing the roster with an existing and missing character that a lot of people is claiming.
Dude read what the guy above you posted, it makes a lot of sense. Besides whining and crying over Rain isn't gonna bring him any sooner.

Dude read what the guy above you posted, it makes a lot of sense. Besides whining and crying over Rain isn't gonna bring him any sooner.

lol i dont whine for anything i just give my opinion, is just a game... I only say what i think, dont care what they rest think of it though.

And yeah he has a very valid point. He posted it while i was writing.

lol i dont whine for anything i just give my opinion, is just a game... I only say what i think, dont care what they rest think of it though.

And yeah he has a very valid point. He posted it while i was writing.
My apologies you can not hear peoples tone through text, I just assumed that a user who appears on every Rain thread complaining would be a little whiney, again No offense.

It's all marketing. They are likely saving him for one of two reasons:

1. To coincide with a competitor's game/DLC release to keep attention on MK. This would be similar to June 7's Klassic costumes being available the same day as SSF4:AE.

2. Waiting until hype for the game dies down a little and then releasing a very recognizable/liked character to get people playing again.

This.

It's nothing personal against Rain fans, it's just business. Kenshi/Skarlet are testing the waters with reasonably hyped or popular characters and they'll bring out the big guns when people start losing interest. Hopefully the first two DLC sell well

This.

It's nothing personal against Rain fans, it's just business. Kenshi/Skarlet are testing the waters with reasonably hyped or popular characters and they'll bring out the big guns when people start losing interest. Hopefully the first two DLC sell well

I think they will, people is very hyped about Skarlet, and Kenshi will be great, so i think both will sell very well, maybe Skarlet will sell a bit more than Kenshi but still.

My apologies you can not hear peoples tone through text, I just assumed that a user who appears on every Rain thread complaining would be a little whiney, again No offense.

lol no problem, I have 18 years old, go to college and a lot of stuff around my head, my life still continue with or without Rain in the game it wont affect my sleep, i go in every Rain thread because is one of my favourite characters and i want him to be realesed nothing more, though i like to read people opinions.

Last edited: