Rain Discussion ~ All Rain Related Topics Go Here

Re: Start the hype train: Rain "practically" confirmed.

I want rain to have his lightning move back. This is how i want to see it differ from nightwolfs. Nightwolfs animation is 2 handed and almost a full body movement from nearly the ground up. His lightning move is very hard to avoid but is quite slow to use. I want rains lightning animation to be his stance from the 2d games, were he stands in a very straight stand up position and raises 1 hand bringing down a lightning bolt. I want it to be a very fast straight down lightnight bolt that is possible to put on the end of a combo. I dont want it to have a cloud, so it looks and performs differntly to nightwolfs. I would like his pro verison to be 3 lightning bolts, that pop the charcter up into the other lightnight bolt, moving forward on the screen like shang tsungs skulls in reverse. Also i think this should be a move you cannot combo off of, so its very useful at the end of a combo but not a cheap way to start one.

Sigh, long post i know but its basically a differnt move with the same name. Had to try and describe it properly.

Any chance for Rain in the future? Noobde: Yes, there is a chance.

--

During the Tom Brady stream tonight

Tom Brady "Rain DLC? I cant comment on that right now"

Cant Comment = Confirmed

My opinion... ugh.. waste of time but hey cant like every character

First off, since the question originally made no direct mention of DLC, and just asked if there was a chance of Rain, it was left wide open for the weather joke. Seriously, people need to word things VERY carefully when it comes to asking Boon anything. :p That said, I do believe there's a chance of rain this weekend! :p

Second, they couldn't comment on 360 exclusives either, so "Can't comment" != confirmed. At least not all the time. That said, it'll happen. During the launch party thing that was streamed online, they kept saying if people want Rain, they got to start saying something. Clearly they knew how much people wanted Rain, and were/are just teasing.

Re: Rain - Why we want him as DLC

Im not the hugest Rain fan but i hope he becomes dlc. He just belongs in this game and is one of the only characters from UMK3 not in the game.

First off, since the question originally made no direct mention of DLC, and just asked if there was a chance of Rain, it was left wide open for the weather joke. Seriously, people need to word things VERY carefully when it comes to asking Boon anything. :p That said, I do believe there's a chance of rain this weekend! :p

Second, they couldn't comment on 360 exclusives either, so "Can't comment" != confirmed. At least not all the time. That said, it'll happen. During the launch party thing that was streamed online, they kept saying if people want Rain, they got to start saying something. Clearly they knew how much people wanted Rain, and were/are just teasing.
I agree about the tweet, but as for the second part... they never said that they couldn't comment on a 360 exclusive character. Also, they actually did have plans to have an exclusive character for 360, but for unknown reasons as Boon put it, couldn't.

I have always thought that Rain would be DLC, and Tom Brady not being able to comment on it to me confirms him being DLC eventually. This guy had a lot of other DLC info too (that info being a full patch coming in two weeks, Skarlet being available around the same time as the patch, Kenshi not being available the same time as Skarlet, Kenshi being much more of a swordsman this time with no telekinetic powers ala Ermac, Bo Rai Cho and Motaro won't be DLC, and he also said that Skarlet will be an A Tier character).

I don't like how he simply says 'there is a chance' :( he's the only one missing :((((((( I hope they announce a lot related to DLC at E3

He's not "missing" because he was never part of the MK1-UMK3 canon and he wasn't playable in the arcades which is what they based most of the roster on. While I would have actually preferred Rain, Quan Chi was given a starting roster spot because he's part of the story in MK9.

I'm pretty sure Rain was confirmed when Eddy asked who we wanted for DLC first and he was on the list.

You know what? Whatever, fine, let them not include Rain. They're the ones who decide that, but don't say this was a game for fans in terms of roster-choices. The fact they released Quan Chi over others from MK1-UMK3 was NOT for fans, the fact they're were lazy enough not to even work on Motaro was NOT for fans, the fact they turned Sub-Zero to that horrible cyborg version, who even copied Cyrax's animations, was NOT for fans, so I'm not really expecting much for Rain, since Boon already stated he doesn't even consider him important so...

Who are you to decide what changes were for fans???

Last edited:

He's not "missing" because he was never part of the MK1-UMK3 canon and he wasn't playable in the arcades which is what they based most of the roster on. While I would have actually preferred Rain, Quan Chi was given a starting roster spot because he's part of the story in MK9.

I'm pretty sure Rain was confirmed when Eddy asked who we wanted for DLC first and he was on the list.

He first appeared in UMK3 like Ermac, both are awesome characters that have the same right to be in the game, saldy only Ermac could reach the game.

He first appeared in UMK3 like Ermac, both are awesome characters that have the same right to be in the game, sadly only Ermac could reach the game.

He first appeared in UMK3 like Ermac, both are awesome characters that have the same right to be in the game, saldy only Ermac could reach the game.

Someone from NRS actually said that this game was based on the arcade versions of MK1-UMK3, not on the dumbed down console versions and Rain appearing in the attract sequence doesn't mean he should be given the same consideration as a fully playable character like Ermac. It also doesn't mean he should be given preference over Quan Chi when he's crucial to the story.

I agree about the tweet, but as for the second part... they never said that they couldn't comment on a 360 exclusive character. Also, they actually did have plans to have an exclusive character for 360, but for unknown reasons as Boon put it, couldn't.

I have always thought that Rain would be DLC, and Tom Brady not being able to comment on it to me confirms him being DLC eventually. This guy had a lot of other DLC info too (that info being a full patch coming in two weeks, Skarlet being available around the same time as the patch, Kenshi not being available the same time as Skarlet, Kenshi being much more of a swordsman this time with no telekinetic powers ala Ermac, Bo Rai Cho and Motaro won't be DLC, and he also said that Skarlet will be an A Tier character).

Actually, I do recall a couple times it was said they couldn't comment on the 360 exclusives. And yes, I'm fully aware we were supposed to get something (although in hindsight, I'm glad it fell thru). Of course, that also goes back to the fact that they couldn't comment, as when asked, that's what they occasionally would say in response.

Maybe by some chance, Rain would be the next DLC character officially announced after Skarlet and Kenshi. We can hope.

Yeah seriously why do people always say there's too many ninjas??? WHAT no there isn't there's like.....5 or 6 i think i may be a little off but who cares MK really needs more ninjas, especially Rain!

We don't need Rain. We have enough ninjas. The only points I ever hear from Rain fans are "there are never enough ninjas." FALSE. And, "storm powers are cool". So?

The only VALID point I ever hear is "he is the only male Edenian." But that's not nearly enough to warrant a roster spot for him.

I would MUCH rather have Motaro because he would actually add something to the game. Or Skarlet. Or Kenshi. Or Havik. Etc.

And, no, Rain does not have a "big fanbase." He is a character with mixed reviews that began as a JOKE character. I'd be lying if I said I hate him, but we have ENOUGH NINJAS, and that's a valid point.

We don't need Rain. We have enough ninjas. The only points I ever hear from Rain fans are "there are never enough ninjas." FALSE. And, "storm powers are cool". So?

I would MUCH rather have Motaro because he would actually add something to the game. Or Skarlet. Or Kenshi. Or Havik. Etc.

Sorry, I don't get it. You don't want more ninjas, but you support Skarlet? Anyway, despite his ninja-like dress sense, Rain is a unique character in regards to special moves. That's the important thing. Also, we don't yet know if Kenshi will add anything new - in terms of special moves, he could still be an Ermac clone.

The only VALID point I ever hear is "he is the only male Edenian." But that's not nearly enough to warrant a roster spot for him.

And, no, Rain does not have a "big fanbase." He is a character with mixed reviews that began as a JOKE character. I'd be lying if I said I hate him, but we have ENOUGH NINJAS, and that's a valid point.

The are never enough ninjas.

Like you said "Ill give you a valid point", MK wouldnt even have the half of the fans it has without the ninjas (males and females). Ninjas marked a difference in the game, they are one of the icons of the franchise.

And Rain does have a big fanbase a lot bigger one than Havik I can tell you for sure

And you tell me please what can provide Havik, Skarlet or Kenshi that Rain cant? You have no point, at least Rain was in the 2D games. Kenshi can be an ermac copy and skarlet we dont know anything about her he can be another kitana/mileena copy.

And you are saying that Rain is just a joke character, Ermac it is too and so Skarlet, remeber that, they are jokes refering the not proven glitches of the 2D games, Ermac is an amazing character no matter that.

Rain controls water, thats unique, Kenshi has telekinesis same as Ermac, and Skarlet is another armed "ninja" girl, didnt you say we have enough ninjas? lol and Havik is not popular a character, very far from that. Are you sure they can provide more than Rain? Rain can provide the same or more.

You have no VALID point.

More ninjas better! And we need Rain, my game is incomplete without him.

Last edited:

wrong, he does. especially now. and wrong again, we are not in MKT for you or anyone else to claim the ninjas are enough. in case you people haven't noticed, there is no such thing as a palette swap anymore unless you wanna mention the classic Reptile, Smoke and Noob Saibot as hidden fights. the fact Rain is a ninja doesn't automatically make him unworthy of a spot, mk has always had the ninja type in females as well. he'll be unique just like all the others, claiming someone else needs to be DLC before him because he's a ninja is at least a piece of nonsense. we are not in MK Trilogy anymore.

wrong, he does. especially now. and wrong again, we are not in MKT for you or anyone else to claim the ninjas are enough. in case you people haven't noticed, there is no such thing as a palette swap anymore unless you wanna mention the classic Reptile, Smoke and Noob Saibot as hidden fights. the fact Rain is a ninja doesn't automatically make him unworthy of a spot, mk has always had the ninja type in females as well. he'll be unique just like all the others, claiming someone else needs to be DLC before him because he's a ninja is at least a piece of nonsense. we are not in MK Trilogy anymore.

He says Rain has not a big fanbase (what is false, its a ver big one) and he says that Havik needs to be in the game, lol Havik doesnt even have 1/10 of the fans Rain has.