Rain Discussion ~ All Rain Related Topics Go Here

the most loyal rain fan on the web, but most likley denies any relation with the sexy man himself because some people would find it goofy.
haha, thats what I've noticed about rain fans, they never like to mention the Prince.

Actually better idea, Prince...... just prince for 4th DLC

personally, I don't mind the origin of the character. not a fan of Prince, but still. what bugs me is the storywise part, the whole prince thing connects Rain directly to daegon and taven and those characters just SUCK. Boon said there's a new timeline in their plans after this mk so hopefully, lots of characters we all love to hate won't be returning. amen to new characters in the likes of Skarlet.

Why are people so concerned about Rain's sexual orientation? It isn't specified, so use your imagination and stick with that. If anything, Rain at least had a storyline where he was engaged to Kitana, regardless if they never used it. Sub-Zero and Smoke on the other hand...

i hope Rain falls in love with Kitana in MK10, then he & Liu Kang can be rivals :) then when Kitana chooses Liu over Rain, he can develop a hatred for Kitana, giving him a good reason to betray Edenia. well that is what Alisa & i came up with ^_^

Hell NO.

He must look like a ninja and hell no to unmasked ninjas, why does people want to unmask them? If they unmask a ninja then give a mask to Johnny Cage, make Sonya brunette and make Jax white with long hair like Slash, and make Kenshi not blind, is the same lame thing.

Every character has a basic concept that must be respected, Rain's basic concept is "Purple ninja with water powers", Sub-Zero's is "Blue ninja with ice powers" and Johnny Cage is "Arrogant actor with green energy", the few times they tried to modify characters basic concepts they failed, some examples are Zombie Liu Kang, MK3 and DA unmasked Sub-Zero and DA crocodilian Reptile, some people likes this costumes, why? is beyond me, but they need to respect the concept behind the character.
I think you missed the "dark-skinned with Jheri curls" part. :laugh: :wink:

Its kool that they're bringin back the old school ninja look, But I really wanna see some new style. The dudes a prince, Some face time wouldn't hurt. His alt should be this:

l34077dbb0000_2_25535.jpg

"Grapes?...B****es"

I think its pretty funny how boon created rain, he was bored one day and was thinking of last minute crap to put in and was probably listing to prince and he's all like "LUL I got an idea guys, a ninja based on prince, the kiddies will never know and it will be so funne!!!!1"

and then rain became popular and boon still didnt give a crap about rain because I doubt he ever did (obviously why he's not in the starting roster) But I'm glad rain is popular, he may have started out as a joke, but he's turned into a badass

i hope Rain falls in love with Kitana in MK10, then he & Liu Kang can be rivals :) then when Kitana chooses Liu over Rain, he can develop a hatred for Kitana, giving him a good reason to betray Edenia. well that is what Alisa & i came up with ^_^

Both are dead though, so unless Rain is into necrophilia, it can't happen until MK11.

the most loyal rain fan on the web, but most likley denies any relation with the sexy man himself because some people would find it goofy.
haha, thats what I've noticed about rain fans, they never like to mention the Prince.

Actually better idea, Prince...... just prince for 4th DLC

Lol I like that song, I dont have any problem with the Prince origin of Rain, what bothers me is when some people says he is a "Joke" character just for that.

personally, I don't mind the origin of the character. not a fan of Prince, but still. what bugs me is the storywise part, the whole prince thing connects Rain directly to daegon and taven and those characters just SUCK. Boon said there's a new timeline in their plans after this mk so hopefully, lots of characters we all love to hate won't be returning. amen to new characters in the likes of Skarlet.

This... we are the same sinthony my friend.

Youre not conprehending, he put "Noob" in parenthesis because that's what people compare it to. To spell it out: Yes Noobs teleport slam IS a special. While Rains move that looks similar is a GRAB that has to be done next to an opponent, NOT a special move.

Anyone who thinks a fighting game w/special moves and a roster size of 20+ let alone 30 characters can have all unique specials and combos is not in touch with reality.

I'm in touch with reality. What you need to realize is that developers can be lazy. Stop being an apologist.

wallpaper-1.jpg

Oh my, I love Rain's new Bio! Rain is getting better and better. The only thing that would totally screw this, will be that Rain is the son of Argus and half-brother of Taven and Daegon!

He has a spot at the MK website now:
http://www.themortalkombat.com/rain/

Longer Bio:
A refugee orphaned by Shao Kahn's conquest, Rain grew up under the protection of the Edenian Resistance. An exceptional fighter, he soon rose through their ranks. As his reputation grew, so did his arrogance. When Rain demanded leadership of the Resistance forces, he was refused. Infuriated, he turned against his rebel comrades and betrayed them to their sworn enemy. In payment for this treason, Rain was promised his own army by the emperor Shao Kahn. Power would be his - no matter the cost.

Wallpaper in full-size
(click to enlarge)
250qccw.jpg

In the MK site says "Prince of Edenia" that means he knows about his royal status in this game.

Rain is sooo going to be overplayed online. I doubt NRS is gonna exclude him from the next MK. In the official ranking I wouldn't be surprised if Rain left the bottom 5 at the end of the month, at this point, Sheeva, Sindel, Mileena, Kenshi and Skarlet are the least popular characters online even though the last 2 are DLC.