Rain Discussion ~ All Rain Related Topics Go Here

Re: Rain - Why we want him as DLC

I like his Armageddon look. The cape could stand a redesign, but everything else was just fine. If/when he's done as DLC, he should either keep the same basic look, or amplify the Arabian Nights theme even further.

Rain is my favourite character, but I wasn't surprised he was cut. My gutts told me they were not going to include him. I sincerely hope when Rain gets DLC, he surpasses many characters in the official ranking as most-picked up.

If they release him DLC, they MUST give him his control bubble (as an enhanced move from the water blast) and his roundhouse kick - those two moves are a HAVE TO INCLUDE. He was one of the most unique characters in Trilogy in terms of gameplay, they have to return that same old Rain. The only move I'm not sure of is the lightining, Nightwolf already stole it and that's really not much they can do to make it different for Rain. I'm fine with a new adaptation, but please, do not give him the exact same move.

As for design, his Armageddon design is fine minus the cape. I don't want Rain to be a ninja, I want him to be an arabian knight, it's different and for ninja-looking characters we already have Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Skarlet. And to honest, he will not look nearly as horrible as Smoke does in the game anyway...

I'd love to see him if they really give him a redesigned look. The tiara he had in MKA was pretty dumb looking, in my opinion lol. The hair style, Arabian Nights mask and cape could all use some work too. I think a good blend of princely ornateness and ninja pragmatism would be best. Make him a ninja, but give him his own uniqueness. None of the current ninjas feel like palette-swaps anymore, they are all their own characters.

His backstory could definitely do with some flushing out (DLC Story Mode chapters is something I've been in favor of). A good story to go along with him would do wonders to differentiate him from the rest of the ninjas as well. If he's just a purple ninja, I'll be disappointed. They could really do some cool things with him here.

His move list has some good potential. Mix and match some of his better moves from MK3 and MKA (Control Ball, Water Blast, Roundhouse Kick, etc) and then give him some new tweaks to make him worthy of an appearance in this new game.

This game is a fan service, make the DLC characters fan services to their fans as well.

I honestly think a lot of people want him as DLC because he was so broken in MKTrilogy and they could win easily with him, therefore they think it'll be the same in the new game...lol

The only thing I liked about Rain at all was in Trilogy where he had the lightning pop-up move. That's it. Not worth it as a DLC character unless they totally revamp him.

I honestly think a lot of people want him as DLC because he was so broken in MKTrilogy and they could win easily with him, therefore they think it'll be the same in the new game...lol

The only thing I liked about Rain at all was in Trilogy where he had the lightning pop-up move. That's it. Not worth it as a DLC character unless they totally revamp him.

Well the control ball is a nonsence but besides lightning even that whirlwing kick was fun. It can be done to kick the opponent into teleport to the other side. Useful.

I agree with the previous posts of having his old moves. my hopes are high because seeing how human Smoke is finally full of what he should have had for years now, which is smoke attacks, I'm hopeful they can do great things with water related moves. I want his lightning back ab-so-lu-te-ly but obviously different than nightwolf's. his lightning fatality is amazing, I wanna see it again and besides it fits for Rain to have it, rain and lightning and thunders are bound together. as for the looks.. the cape is a no no, the tiara is a no no, if they wanna give him hair I loved his armageddon one , it fits him. like most people I too want to see him as a ninja with his own look and all that, though Voncroy's idea of Edenian Knight is great too. no matter what happens though, he MUST have a mask imo. I don't wanna see him unmasked at all. he's my favorite character and damn it hurt to keep him out lol. the only good thing about it is that he got so much more popularity now due to this. even people indifferent towards him want him as DLC just to complete the trilogy roster. I hope E3 gives us DLC info related to him :D

i like rain but they need to change his look,story,specials moves to me after mkt he just seemed like a lazy sub zero.

His lightning can be different from nightwolf gettinf rid of the cloud, just a lightning, but i prefer the lightning not returning, why? because i want Rain to be a water exclusive character no electricity.

Because it wont feel complete without him and I he was my best character in UMK3 when it came to tournament play

I've never been a huge fan of Rain (mostly because I'm completely opposed to purple as a clothing option) but I would still like him as DLC. It does feel incomplete to have one ninja left out of the game. He probably won't get just a straight ninja look though. Edenians seem to be very regal and that would have to be reflected in his look. Maybe an old-school style ninja look could be his alternate.

I made a Team Rain group because he is the only ninja without one, so you can join it, it only has a couple of images i just created it because it was sad that Rain didnt have a group. lol

Team Rain

Well, Rain is an old school character, so, there is no reason for him being out, so, fingers crossed wishing him to be in the next 2nd DLC pack, still this year.

they need to brain back the Rain from MKTrilogy...that's the only Rain that i like and he's my main in Trilogy..one of the best...

they need to brain back the Rain from MKTrilogy...that's the only Rain that i like and he's my main in Trilogy..one of the best...

Rain from MKA was a lot better he had all the water moves, in MKT he only had 2 moves...