Sheeva Thread - "For the Shokan!"

It's just that a lot of players will find that characters like Mileena and Sheeva have terrible matchups against the rest of the cast. I personally like Mileena as a character, my favorite MK female. But the tools given in this game simply leave her at a terrible disadvantage, which is why I don't play her.

Don't want to derail this thread but you should have seen the final match in the Birmingham finals. Scorp vs. Mileena and it was crazy, Mileena is not at a disadvantage, especially when you consider these two were more or less of equal skill.

UPdate: Made slight changes on combo damage in Basic Combos and Advanced Combos section after some tweaking from NRS. Her combo damage has been slightly increased in most of her combos. Plus added some combos as well.

I found a nice little combo
B+2, 1+2, Fireball - 28%
If the fireball is done fast enough it will cancel the taunt/delay that Sheeva does.

I have decided to use Sheeva as my second main.

After dominating with her last night against Kung Lao and an Ermac.

She is great :)

Very nice to see people are discovering how use Sheeva properly, maybe her good concept as character increase a bit after people here explore more possibilities of combos with her ....

shes not a combo person and isnt friendly with combos, then when she does nail a combo, she does a taunt that leaves her open.

However, I think the proper way to use sheeva is to use her unblockable specials and antigrabs.

1Q. Someone exchanging projectiles with you?
1A. Teleport stomp. It will put an end to any projectile spammers.

2Q. Someone standing or low blocking in the back of the arena but knows how to counter your tele drop?
2A. Floor stomp them. Mix it up with a EX floor stomp, the 2nd stomp might be guarenteed to land. Be careful is for stun projectiles and teleport opponents.

3Q. Someone keeps jumping toward you and trying for nasty combos? There is alot of jumper characters like subzero or kung lao for example.
3A: Anti air grab, it will put a stop to anyone jumping towards you.

4Q:Someone blocking low close to you but you aren't far enough to safely ground stomp them?
4A: Anti-low block grab them.

Sheeva does not have any too nasty combos besides the 55% combo using 2 enhanced bars. But she has 3 things that make her deadly when used by an expert putting pressure on the opponent.

1. Anti-block special moves.
2.Anti-air special moves.
3.Anti-ground Special moves.

then an x-ray attack that can hit from anywhere on the stage and requires the opponent to be in the air to avoid being hit by the xray attack.

I think she needs more intimidating combos though to pressure the opponent into jumping or low-blocking to which she can punish with her anti air and anti ground.

Problem is some of her combos whiff against characters with small hit boxes although I love the armor they added to her low grab

Alright, it has been set in stone, Sheeva is my second main.

After destroying a pretty good Sub-Zero player, I'm pretty confident in her now.

Plus she's hot as hell :laugh:

Alright, it has been set in stone, Sheeva is my second main.

After destroying a pretty good Sub-Zero player, I'm pretty confident in her now.

Plus she's hot as hell :laugh:

I just hope she didn't make you cry from the last time you were in bed with her. Just need to get a little better, plus have no lag.

So the back 2, 1+2 can be comboed into the grab and pound, timing is strict and there is some wierdness with stance.. 100% in the corner, but mid screen is tough. 34 or 38 % depending on ex. all of her vanilla combos can end w/ fireballs. Her 1, 2, back 1 can combo into the air grab...but it's easy to mess up because she has an overlapping combo that has a different second hit, 1 back 2, 1...need to confirm the second thing, just trying to remember what was working for me, but don't have the game on now. Also you can steer the teleport drop, push left or right after you do it...Useful for out smarting sub zero ice clone.

Last edited:
After using her for a good while, and watching others use her, I think I have come up with a pretty good strategy.

First of all, do not main Sheeva alone, Sheeva has absolutely nothing on spammers, and if she is your go-to character, prepare to lose.

Secondly, try not to go to your opponent, have them come to you. Sheeva's dash is WAY too slow to be trying to run all over the place.

Go for low blows, everyone and their mother expects Sheeva to go for a grab, so when you sweep the **** out of them, it catches them off guard.

After your sweep, either dash forward for a grapple, a low grab, or her f4.

Use your ground stomp often to keep them jumping around like fools, this will make your teleport much harder to punish, and it will make it easier to close distance on people who keep jumping back.

Sheeva's jab is very quick, use this to your advantage.

Sektor players should feel right at home with her because she has the same combo as Sektor, 1,2,b1. With the same pop-up property, only it knocks them a little farther from you.

Go for a air grab after the pop-up.

Ultimately, your main goal as a Sheeva player is to keep you opponent laying on the ground.

Another thing I cannot stress enough, do not worry about huge combos with Sheeva.
That isn't what she is about, she's all about powerful one hitters.

Her f4 has uber reach, can hit crouching opponents and the power of an uppercut.

I always either start the match with a f4 or an air-grab seeing how everyone likes to jump punch you in the beginning.

Also don't neglect her teleport stomp. Do it every time you land an f4.

Thanks for this (+REP), I recently started using her again (after MK3 I did not use her much).

Although her 2nd fatality is kinda stupid, I do like some of her moves, she's got some power.

Thanks for this (+REP), I recently started using her again (after MK3 I did not use her much).

Although her 2nd fatality is kinda stupid, I do like some of her moves, she's got some power.

Appreciate the rep and have a good time using her to fight and get your snoo snoo on with her, Major. :p

MOAR STRATEGIES!!!!

I've experienced a Sheeva overload.
I've been using her for hours upon hours, offline and on.

Sheeva BnB's:

1, 2, b1, 1 to juggle, Grab n Punch.

F3, Grab n Punch (only for opponents who love to block high)

*Read your opponents wake-up*

For the people who don't like to play defensively.

Characters who love to roll back are Sheeva's prey:

If they roll into a block, either Teleport stomp, or floor stomp if you fear the anti-air.

If they just roll, go for a F4. And laugh your ass off at their feeble attempts at recovering.

If they roll into a low block, rush to them (if they are close) and low grab.
They never see it coming :twisted:

If they go for a wake-up attack, deal according to the character.

Sheeva's soul mate:
Sektor & Sheeva go together like your lips and my ass.
Mainly because of how they play, they keep their distance.
Both of their combo enders send the opponent flying, allowing you to punish accordingly.

Best part of their relationship though, is their tag ins.
They fit PERFECTLY for them.

People playing against Sektor know they must stay blocking if they want to stay safe.
Call in Sheeva for the unblockable :)

People playing against Sheeva must stay on the move, call in Sektor for the almost unavoidable TU.

Sheeva's secret weapon:

I refuse to reveal to the public.
Diehard Sheeva mainers may PM me for it ;)

Last edited: