Sheeva Thread - "For the Shokan!"

This video is probably in this thread somewhere, but it covers most of what you need to know about Sheeva:

That video was clearly made in the first month after the release. Sheeva's damage is actually a lot higher now, so add at least 5%-10% to those combos ;)

That video was clearly made in the first month after the release. Sheeva's damage is actually a lot higher now, so add at least 5%-10% to those combos ;)

Yeah I forgot to add that she's had a damage buff since then. Crazy cause she was a heavy hitter back then! I'm kinda glad NRS thought "fvck it, she's supposed to be a Shokan, let's make hit as hard as Goro and Kintaro".

But most of those combos are legit. Her low grab, B2, 1+2, walk and grab does like, 48% and can be done anywhere (beastly for a non meter combo). HOWEVER, the regular walk and grab sometimes whiffs, but i've found the ex version usually connects, for a juicy 50% + combo.

I don't know if it's lag, or just bad timing, but in the training room I find you can pressure people with 2, 1, 2, F1 walk and grab. Even if they block, the grab is safe, then you can low poke and start again. Online I find this hard to do for some reason.

EDIT: Does her fireball/exfireball do slightly more damage now, like maybe, 1% more damage? Man, catching ducking people with her fireball is awesome now!

Yeah. Fireball is good. Im in the habit of using Enh Air grab now though. Useful to keep them where sheeva can fight them. Right up in their face.

My first main in this game was Jade, and I pretty much permanantly retired her. Next was Night Wolf, but one day I just found him boring. Next was SIndel, and I still use her. Then Sheeva, and I just started using her recently. Next was Baraka, who is still hands down my favourite character, then CSZ, a little bit of QC and Freddy and now Kano (who I love almost as much as Baraka). While I like Freddy and QC, they dont fit my playstyle, which is rush down brawler...which is why I might need to give Sheeva another run, so that I have Sheeva, Baraka and Kano as my rush downs, with Sindel and CSZ to mix things up.

I've been using Sheeva again lately.
I love this woman.

So much fun.

To use Sheeva properly, you really need to know how to hit confirm.
Especially since a lot of her strings start off the same way, but can be drastically changed by the touch of a direction.
And, for me at least, the negative edge makes those accidental strings come out if I'm not careful.

So sometimes when I'm trying to throw out her pretty fast pop up (1, 2, b1) I throw out one of the slowest moves in her arsenal (1, b2) and since I do not anticipate me doing that string, I do not finish it off with the overhead (f1). So I need to fix this for me Sheeva skills to advance.

Wow, did not know Mileena's blocked roll was still considered "ducking stance" when it bounces up. I have the hardest times with low grabs online, especially when someone is chipping with 3, 3, etc. Just wish it worked on Sub's ice slide since it looks pretty low to me.

I tend to save my meter for Enhanced Walk-n-Grab by itself without combo, just to say, "Sorry, coming through!" I figure three bars means three good chances to do 22% each. I usually get 2 out of 3 Enh Walk-n-Grabs which is 44% damage. My X-ray seems to miss half the time, and even it hits, that's three bars for ~ 31-33% damage (I can't remember exactly). Plus a couple Enh WnG's tend to really rattle people out of their momentum. The Enhanced Walk-n-Grabs are really my Ace card, and it's nice to have at least 2 to change the tide. Between that and F4, Sheeva feels like a steamroller to the unaware.

I like B2, 1+2, air grab but the B2 seems to get hit by high attacks which is frustrating for such a slow low attack.

Last edited:
45% 1 bar corner combo, no low grab

Jip, b1, 2, 1+2~Ex fireball ~ d1~Grab n Punch

I've also been playing around with Sheeva's ground stomp. Thought about using a wellspaced 4 into ground stomp. Condition the jump after the 4 for an anti air. Haven't had the opportunity to try it yet unfortunately

Last edited:
45% 1 bar corner combo, no low grab

Jip, b1, 2, 1+2~Ex fireball ~ d1~Grab n Punch

I've also been playing around with Sheeva's ground stomp. Thought about using a wellspaced 4 into ground stomp. Condition the jump after the 4 for an anti air. Haven't had the opportunity to try it yet unfortunately

lol I love how Sheeva is the only character that when you have a "tap once for chip moment" you can turn on tele-stomp mode, and gamble for dat win lol.

I'm talking about the move where she uses one foot to stomp on the ground

yeah I know, I'm only saying this cuz I just watched a game of Jeremiah, and he was like at 1% health. The other guy was a freddy at 50% and he almost won by spamming telestomp and guessing correctly.

The freddy won by doing EX sweet dreams though. Because it has armor.

my bad, I quoted you in a sense to talk directly to you lol.

I may have discovered new tech with Sheeva. Her low grab, it recovers so fast that it allows for new juggles in the corner, not monumental, but noteworthy.

No meter 42% corner

Jip, 1, 2, b1 - 2, 1, 2, f2~low grab - 2, 1, 2, f2~grab n punch

I have tremendous respect for anyone who attempts to play with Sheeva because I find her so very difficult to use. I main Ermac and even when I know I'm up against a player who is better than I am, it still feels like he is fighting an uphill battle with Sheeva. Her damage output seems low for the kind of character she is.