Sindel Thread-"You are Pathetic and Weak"

I'm pleased with the latest changes to Sindel, but wasn't thrilled with how she played before. I've always had an affinity for her (I love her storyline, moveset, and uniqueness for a female fighting character). I'm pretty good with Kitana, so I might now make it a family affair and learn Sindel more so than I did before.

As buffed as Sindel got, I swear, her match up with SZ, which was heavily in her favour before, almost seems like a complete switch now.

hi all. I am looking at giving Sindel some of my limited time on PS3.

I have been playing Rep and Kab till now, but fancy a change.

I will read here more, but I tried a 16 hit combo listed in the Prima guide and can't do it. Have patches made this impossible now??

JP, 2,1,yell,4,4,2,2,Dash in,2,2,2,Hair toss

Two things I can't do - 4,4,2,2, doesn't seem to work as there is a delay after 4,4, that stops the 2,2 from landing as part of the combo.

2,2,2, - can only do 2 hits - the 3rd does not land in time....

Have there been some changes and am I wasting my time trying to do thse moves? Thanks

hi all. I am looking at giving Sindel some of my limited time on PS3.

I have been playing Rep and Kab till now, but fancy a change.

I will read here more, but I tried a 16 hit combo listed in the Prima guide and can't do it. Have patches made this impossible now??

JP, 2,1,yell,4,4,2,2,Dash in,2,2,2,Hair toss

Two things I can't do - 4,4,2,2, doesn't seem to work as there is a delay after 4,4, that stops the 2,2 from landing as part of the combo.

2,2,2, - can only do 2 hits - the 3rd does not land in time....

Have there been some changes and am I wasting my time trying to do thse moves? Thanks

Welcome to the club!

That long combo does not work by the way. I will help you out with some, but word of warbing, they aren't easy.

I think you are confusing 222 with 111.

Sindle has a lot of things can put ppl into a juggle state, like B1 2 and 4 4 and b3 f2 and even b2.

Her more damaging combos center around putting ppl into a juggle state, and you also throw in her scream, mid combo, to extend the string.

Here are some nice bread and butters.

B3 f2, dash, b1, 2, jk air fireball.

B3 f2, dash, f1, f2, hair grab.

B3 f2, dash, b1, b2, f1, f2, hair grab

4,4, U3, air fireball

Those are some of her more basic combos that don't require a reset or meter for fairly decent damage.

She possesses combos that do 40% damage and above, but these require a scream and or one bar of meter.

Last edited:
thanks - that was exactly what it said in the guide...there are other mistakes in there though, so maybe that's another.

just messing around with her.

Can't beleive a combo as simple as this, with repeat moves does so much damage.

B3,F2,SCREAM,B3,F2,UPPERCUT - it's very easy and does over 30%.

Quite fun, but some of the combos seem to have less room for error than other characters.

As a Holiday gift I have decided to update the guide. Here are the updates:

Specials section
Zoning section(new)
Matchup section(Scorpion, Ermac, Noob, and Kabal)

If you have any matchup you want to know about, let me know and I will explain it as well.

Okay, so with all this talk of "Sindel tech" that will elevate her, quite literally, up the tier list I went into the lab to see how effective her levi cancel was, as I think the tech is based on this.

Okay, ive been trying to use levi cancel as a pressure tool for rushing but its hard. I can do three in a row. For instance, 21>>levi cancel, dash, F12 levi cancel, dash, F12 levi cancel. Of course this was on the training dummy but im not sure if this gives her frame advantage. Its hard. Dashing, inputting, hitting ddublock, dashing....try it, it's not easy.

I of course found a few interesting combos.

Jp, B3F2, Scream, Jp, B3F2, F1, Dash, 111, cartwheel 43% not bad for a midscreen no bar huh? This is not easy to do however.

Jp, B3F2, F12, dash, 111, ex scream, jp F12, hair 38%

I've also been playing around with what can be done after 33.

44, D4, scream, jp, F12 special 28% (31% if you start with a jp)

44, 1, dash, 1, dash, 111, hair 28% (31% if you start with a jp)

44, 1, dash 1, dash 111, fireball, 25%

Jp, 44, 1, dash, 1, dash, 111, ex scream, Jp F12, special 32-34%

Last edited:
welldone flagg, might have to check some of these out, and play with the levi cancell+pressure, i've been muckin' around with sonya military stance pressure, i posted some things in her thread, if you could give feedback that would be sweet, like if she have advantage..etc, i cant tell in practice lol.

by the way i noticed ppl go ,B3F4, straight to scream, instead of 3 to scream, its not much obviously but helps.

edit: i just got your 'elevate' joke... lol

One of my favorite Sindel combos to literally finish off an opponent is: JP, B3, F2, yell, JP, B3, F2, dash, tap 3, X-Ray. 12 hits and 52% damage. I've been trying to use Sindel more and as I do, I increasingly like her fight style. The only thing I have yet to figure out, at all, is her levitate move. Maybe I'm retarded but I see no value/use for it.

One of my favorite Sindel combos to literally finish off an opponent is: JP, B3, F2, yell, JP, B3, F2, dash, tap 3, X-Ray. 12 hits and 52% damage. I've been trying to use Sindel more and as I do, I increasingly like her fight style. The only thing I have yet to figure out, at all, is her levitate move. Maybe I'm retarded but I see no value/use for it.

I also can't find a use for the levitate. It makes her way too vulnerable. I find its best to mix high and low fireballs on the ground and air.

My strategy with Sindel is to keep as much distance from them as possible since her melee skills are weak compared to other characters. If they get close, pull off a combo or a move that gives you distance from them and continue poking. Any better strategies that might work better?