Help understanding damage for X-rays in combos

Nyght87

I was just practicing some combos with Kitana and the combo i was doing was (with the enemy jumping) Forward jump, FP, Fan Toss, and on landing X-ray. And this combo is doing 25% damage (6 hits) but the x-ray alone does 31% damage (4 hits)...

Now i know each of your attacks does less damage the higher your combo gets but for every other combo I've done in the game i would always see that: doing attack or combo 'X' and attack of combo 'Y' in the same combo would always do more damage than just 'X' or 'Y' by themselves.

I think i understand why they made it so that each of your attacks does less damage the higher your combo gets but i don't understand how doing an X-ray does more damage than doing a punch, a fan toss, and an X-ray. Is this something that is intentional by NRS or is it a glitch in the damage scaling?

I noticed that Kitana's X-Ray DRASTICALLY scales if it's done in a combo. It's pretty ridiculous, but that just means it's not a good idea to do in a combo. Since it's a projectile, it's pretty versatile, and since X-Ray's have super armor, it's not hard to land.

It varies according to characters. I noticed that Sub-Zero's X-Rays scales with special attacks, but not after regular attacks, while Cyber Sub-Zero's X-Ray works the other way.

Kitanas xRay does HUGE damage on its own but when its done in a combo its essentially worthless. To be honest im kinda happy its this way

If the X Ray is done after the fan lift I dont think it scales so thats a good way to get a free X Ray in