Scorpion Thread - "Vengeance will be MINE!"

Scorpion​

"Vengeance will be MINE!"​

Scorpion-MK9-1.png

About Scorpion:
Spoiler:

Bio:
Spoiler:

Origin: Earthrealm (now resides in the Netherrealm)
Race: Human (now reborn as a Spectre)
Alignment: Neutral

"Hanzo Hasashi was once a member of the Japanese Shirai Ryu ninja clan. Given the codename "Scorpion" for his blindingly fast and deadly fighting skill, his life was blessed glorious kombat in the name of his Grand Master. But when he, his family ans his clan were brutally exterminated by Sub-Zero and the Lin Kuei, Scorpion's existence became eternal torment. Resurrected by the malevolent necromancer Quan Chi, he entered the Mortal Kombat tournament to slay Sub-Zero and avenge the murders of his kin."

Gameplay Style:
Scorpion basically relies mainly on offensive attacks and pressuring his opponent, thanks to his overhead attacks, Demon Fire and Takedown. Although lacking a variety of high/low mixups, he makes it up with good juggles and knockdowns in his combos. Use the Demon Fire against turtlers who played defensively with projectiles, or waiting on the floor for an wakeup attack. It's also a great way to end the combo as an extra after knocking the opponent down to interrupt their wakeup gameplay. Teleport is a bit slow to startup, but has good range and can attack from one step from opponent's last location. And don't be afraid to use the Takedown. Some players will never expect the Takedown sometimes, since it hits low.

Basic Keys and Moves:
Spoiler:

F - Forward
D - Down
B - Back
U - Up

1 - FP (Front Punch)
2 - BP (Back Punch)
3 - FK (Front Kick)
4 - BK (Back Kick)

D+BP-Uppercut
B+BK-Sweep

TH-Throw
BL-Block
ST-Stance Switch

Special Moves and Enhanced Moves:
Spoiler:

Spear: B, B+FP- Launches a chained kunai at the opponent, and reels them in close to deliver the extra blows. Throw it to start the combo, but do not spam it.
*Flame Spear: B, B+FP+BL- Launches two flaming kunais at the opponent, and reels them in for a little more damage.
Demon Fire: D, B+BP (unblockable)- Summons a hellish flame below the opponent and burns them. Best friend against zoners/turtlers.
*Hell Fire: D, B+BP+BL (unblockable)- Same as regular version, but burns even more. Not recommended to use because of only 1% more damage, but it can be used as a combo ender as it can catch the opponent from any position, even in mid-air or while they're laying on the ground, at their positioning spot.
Teleport: D, B+FK (can be done in the air)- Disappears and reaapears behind the opponent and strikes them. Don't spam the move.
*Flameport: D, B+FK+BL (can be done in the air) - Same as regular version, but adds an uppercut for more damage and knocks them down.
Takedown: D, B+BK- Slides down and grabs the opponent with his legs before taking them down to the floor. Can greatly be used as combo ender, or to trick someone who is expecting a high attack.
*Takeout: D, B+BK+BL- Same as regular version, but goes a little farther and does more damage.
Air Throw: TH- Grabs the opponent and throws them to the ground. Best used after the Jump Kick or as an aerial combo ender.

Unique Moves:
Spoiler:

Blade Overhead: B+BP: Very useful move since the attack is overhead, which is perfect against crouching opponents. Plus, it can juggle them in the air after it connects.
Heel Kicks: F+FK: A good move which hits overhead against crouching opponents, but cannot be used to start or end in the combo.

Basic Combos:
Spoiler:

Torment: FP, FP, FP - 3 Hits 12%: His basic 1, 2, 3 combo. After the 1st two hits, he can cancel into either his specials (except for Demon Fire) or X-Ray.
Damnation: FP, FP, BK - 3 Hits 12%: Same as Torment, but ends it with a kick that knocks down the opponent. Can cancel into his specials after the 1st two hits.
Brimstone: BP, FP, BP - 3 Hits 15%: A great combo ender, whether the opponent is on the ground or juggled in the air. Can cancel into his specials after the 1st two hits.
Gravedigger: BP, FP+BP - 2 Hits 9%: Not the best combo to use, but it will help since it knocks back the opponent, giving you more room to rethink the strategies.
Doom Blade: F+BP, FP, BK - 3 Hits 15%: A very good ground ending combo, since it can knock down the opponent, but not safe if blocked, due to recover after the last hit. Can cancel into the specials after one of the 1st two hits.
Dead End: FK, FK, BK - 3 Hits 13%: A safe combo to use against standing opponents since the move knocks away the opponent on the 3rd hit. It can cancel into the specials after one of the 1st two hits, but almost impossible to cancel after the 1st hit.
Grievance: F+BK, FK - 2 Hits 9%: Use this combo against opponents who mostly expect his high or mid attacks a lot.

X-Ray and Fatalities:
Spoiler:

Scorpion Sting: ST+BL: The advantage of his X-Ray is that he teleports and strikes the opponent from behind them. It can comboed into, but not comboed from it.
Basic Damage: 30%

Split Decision: F, D, F+BP (close)
Nether-Gate: B, F, B+FK (close)
Toasty!: D, U, U+BP (jumping distance)-Must have redeemed the code from Gamestop in order for the fatality to work.
Stage Fatality: F, U, U+FP (close)
Babality: D, B, F, D+BP (jumping distance or further)

Advanced Combos:
Spoiler:

Combo Starters:
1, 1......
2, 1......
F+2, 1......
3, 3......
F+4......

Combo Enders:
......2, 1, 2
......B+2, 1, 4
......Takedown
......Enhanced Demon Fire (only counts as its own hit, unless comboed after U+1 or 2)
......X-Ray

Normal Combos:
1, 1, Takedown - 4 Hits 16%
F+4, Takedown 3 Hits 12%
1, 1, Spear, 1, 1, 4 - 6 Hits 20%
2, 1+2, Spear, F+2, 1, 4 - 6 Hits 23%
F+2, 1, Spear, F+2, 1, 4 - 6 Hits 24%
2, 1+2, Teleport, Dash, 1, 1, 1, Spear, F+2, 1, 4 - 10 Hits 31% (by ShevaSaibot)
2, 1, Spear, U+2, B+2, Jump Kick, Teleport, 3, 3, Takedown - 11 Hits 37% (by SillyRobot822)
2, 1, Spear, U+1 or 2, B+2, Jump Kick, Teleport, Jump Kick, Air Throw - 10 Hits 37% (by mrb1973)

Enhanced Combos: (requires meter)
2, 1, Enhanced Spear, U+1 or 2, B+2, Jump Kick, Teleport Punch, 2, 1+2 - 9 Hits 38%
2, 1, Enhanced Spear, U+1 or 2, B+2, Jump Kick, Teleport Punch, 2, 1, 2 - 10 Hits 41%
2, 1, Enhanced Spear, U+1 or 2, B+2, 1, 1, Teleport Punch, 1, 1, 4 - 11 Hits 38%
1, 1, Enhanced Spear, U+1 or 2, B+2 (make sure the opponent is juggled high enough in the air), Jump Kick, Teleport Punch, 2, 1, Enhanced Teleport Punch - 11 Hits 42%

X-Ray Combos:
2, 1+2, Spear, F+2, 1, X-Ray - 8 Hits 37%
F+2, 1, Spear, F+2, 1, X-Ray - 8 Hits 40%
2, 1 or 1, 1 or F+2, 1, Spear, U+1 or 2, B+2, 1, 1 or 2, 1 or F+2, 1, X-Ray - 10 Hits 42%
1, 1, Spear, U+1 or 2, B+2 (make sure the opponent is juggled high enough in the air), Jump Kick, Teleport Punch, 2, 1, X-Ray - 12 Hits 46%

Tactics:
Spoiler:

Zoners/Turtlers: Demon Fire is your friend in this situation. Although it does a measly 7% damage, it's unblockable, so try throwing it in to pressure your opponent from being too defensive. Teleport is a bit risky, but the air version will miss them, but helps close in on your opponents. For crouch blockers, mix attacks with his overheads.

Spammers: Teleport is very helpful to get behind the spammer and attack them. If it's against Kung Lao, wait until he makes the mistake before capitalizing on him with a uppercut, or combos. Demon Fire can help damage them and break their projectile rhytmn, although Scorpion will take damage from their attack. And mainly play defensively against Kung Lao and Raiden.

Mixups: Not much about to say, but try your best defeating them by using your own mixup strategies against the opponents.

Last edited:
Re: Scorpion Thread - Vengeance will be MINE!

Reserved for future use. Anyone can help me post some combos or gameplay vids of Scorpion, while I'm not here. I'll post on the first page, if it has more room.

Scorpion's Combo Vids:
Spoiler:

Thanks again.

Last edited:

I main Scorpion. My best combo is:
PS3 Input Guide
1=Square
2=X
3=O
4=Triangle(this isnt correct but its my input guide)

4-1-Spear(Back, Back,1)-Jump4-Back4-JumpToward2-Teleport(Down, Back,X)-2-2-Leg Grab(Down, Back,3)
This is my best combo and it works great. its about 11 hits done correctly and around 40% damage.

OK I mentioned this in the main combo thread but here's a little combo I like to use as well as the strategy behind it 11 hit 42% uf,1 or2,2,1,spear,u1 or 2,b2,uf3,teleport(air),uf3,air throw OK now comes the strategy you can follow this up with a ex Hellfire for an additional 8% damage that's unblockable bringing the total damage to 50% at the expense of just one meter bar as well as creating quite a bit of seperation between you and your opponent what's great about this is over the course of a match your basically looking at 150% damage assuming you land this 3times on average and its really easy to pull off with very little practice

Scorpions clams to be neutral but he is evil, he serves Quan Chi and the NetherRealm and at the end of the game we can see that he is working for evil people...

Ahh very nice Silly and Mrb. The only thing I'm not exactly gonna add Mrb, is the Jump Forward Punch, cuz is unsafe and that's just asking the opponent to please uppercut him. Still, I'm gonna add yours on there.

And Fox, he may serve evil people, but he's not doing it willingly. It's more of a force cuz of Quan Chi's role in resurrecting him back as a Spectre.

Sure the jump in punch is unsafe but that's where a little cross up or jump in teleport comes in handy scorpions great for playing mind games and the AI shao Khan in peticular is a sucker for cross over jump punches that combo I posted made challenge 300 a breeze thing I love about that combo is if you catch your opponent napping another teleport snuck in after is a great way to frustrate them

Sure the jump in punch is unsafe but that's where a little cross up or jump in teleport comes in handy scorpions great for playing mind games and the AI shao Khan in peticular is a sucker for cross over jump punches that combo I posted made challenge 300 a breeze

True, but just to be safe, I'm leaving it, cuz I know some new-bloods will be wanting to use him better. It should be an option when adding that Jump Forward Punch if you're good enough in the beginning. Right now, this should suffice for the beginners.

In that case its 38% without it plus the 8% ex Hellfire

All I need to figure out is how to get the picture up without showing the damn links and it will be complete. The gameplay and combos vids will be nice as well. I'll give credit to those who posted the vid.

Good thread ill take a look later to master him.

Also, when cornered an Ex-Teleport can go into spear and start a combo from there.
Looks very good so far. Scorpion seems to be very easy to play with, he's very noob friendly.
Not hating, since I main Scorpion.

You can add this to the OP under the quote "Vengeance will be mine!"
Scorpion-MK9-1.png

Well I did more research. It appears Scorpion received a blow by the nerf bat. Those same combos in the demo do 43% and 32% respectively. While Sub Zero's bread and butter Xray from a freeze 2,1,4,Xray does MORE damage than the demo !! WTF?? Demo did 43% and live does 48%.

Scorpion got screwed

Wonderful thread here! Just a few things you could touch up:

-Give a short description of each special move and how/when it is appropriate to use said move (Example: Use Spear as an unlikely Anti-Air when your opponent attempts to jump in)

-It should be Advanced combos not Advance Combos. (;

Update:
Added the Tactics section in the OP. Check it out. Any suggestions on tactics, I'm all ears.
Also added description in the Specials.

Last edited: