Shadow: "You don’t need powers to master the techniques of stealth"

_Unknown_

SHADOW
A veteran black skinned ninja that was part of the Lin Kuei before the Automation Initiative began.

Code Name/Nick name: Shadow
Quotes: "You don’t need powers to master the techniques of stealth"

Realm:
Earth-realm
Allignment: Good
Fighting Style/ Discipline: A master in the Lin Kuei fighting style, also using a large variety of stealth attacks.
Allies: The Lin Kuei Rebels

Enemy:
The Cyber Lin Kuei

Story:
There have been a lot of ninja clans. When the Lin Kuei moved to their current hideout in the frozen forests, they were quite a few villages around the forest.
A village was situated near the Lin Kuei hideout. At some point the clan was attacked during the night by some nomad group of barbarians. Their houses were burnt down, the men were killed and the few women that survived were taken as slaves. A black skinned woman tried to run away with her child but they saw her and chased her.

At the entrance of the village there was a big tree, casting its shadow over the road leading out of the village. The woman almost made it out of the village but she was hit in the leg with a rock thrown by her pursuer. As she fell down, she dropped her baby down in front of the tree, with the dark blanket she had on him falling and covering the baby.

When the man came to make the woman go back in the city, the sound of the burning houses and falling structures didn’t allow him to hear the baby that was hidden under the shadow of the village’s tree.
Meanwhile the Lin Kuei was alarmed by the noises around their hideout and they sent a couple of ninjas to check out what’s happening.
By the time they arrived they nomads were leaving away, leaving behind the ruins of the once peaceful village. The ninjas had a look at the city and as they were walking down the road they heard a baby cry. At first they didn’t realize where it came from, until the baby could be heard again. They went near the tree, and saw a baby crying with nothing else near him but his dark blanket.

The Lin Kuei took the child and named him “Shadow” inspired by the circumstances that allowed him to survive the attack. Shadow grew to master the fighting style of the Lin Kuei and was an important warrior for the Lin Kuei, despite the fact that he had no powers over ice or other lin kuei specific abilities.

To make up for the lack of the powers he crafted special smoke bombs to blind enemies.

Years passed and Shadow became older and older. He was no longer a young ninja, able to go on missions or compete in the tournaments representing the Lin Kuei. But he was a master of the arts of the Lin Kuei so he spent his time teaching young ninjas how to fight and most importantly how to hide and remain unseen. He is the one that taught Unknown how to make smoke bombs and use them and his stealth skills to be as deadly and effective as any other ninja that possessed special abilities.
The Cyber initiative wasn’t accepted by all the members of the clan so the ones against it were kept prisoners and transformed by force.
Before being taken as prisoner, Shadow felt that this will end wrong and started to search for allies that would rise up against the leaders and demand their freedom. Many plans have been made but they never had the chance to face the Lin Kuei leaders and they were kept as prisoners.
Now the only allies Shadow had was the older assassins and a few young members that refused the Grand Master’s demand.
When the most of the Lin Kuei were on the mission against Raiden’s warriors, lead his to an eventual victory against the guards and they escaped.
Unknown escaped with Shadow’s men as they took cover in the icy mountains.
Shadow started training them how he knew best for an eventual confrontation with the Lin Kuei.

After the fall of Shao Kahn, the Lin Quei returned and started their search to find the prisoners that escaped. Eventually Cyrax and Sektor tracked Shadow and the Lin Kuei attacked his group. Shadow was killed and the other survivors from his group were taken to be “automated”. Only survivor was Unknown who swore to avenge his mentor’s death by eliminating the ones responsible for this.

Look and Costume:
He is an old ninja that has dark skin and wears a black quilted ninja outfit, replacing the usual cloth the Lin Kuei use with a large sash.

He has various scars on his arms from all the missions he’s been on in his younger days.
He wears Link Kuei kick and arm pads and carries a belt with various smoke bombs and a ninja sword on his back.

Alternate:
His alternate would be a costume without a top, and black bottoms. Wearing his pads strapped to his bare hands. (this is the costume he used to train)

Ending:
While alive Shadow, in his younger days was one of the Lin Kuei warriros responsible to train the chosen ones to represent the clan in the Mortal Kombat tournament. Therefore he was present at the tournament, merely observing. When he was abducted to get ready for the automation process he fought his way through the first wave of Lin Kuei cyborgs, attracting the attention of the Sorcerer Quan Chi, who was also present at the tournament. Eventaully he got captured and further one he was killed when trying to escape after the invasion of Shao Kahn.

As the new Lin Kuei, under Sektors command joined forces with Shao Kahn, The souls of those killed by Sektor and his people got sent to the Netherealm, under the possesion of Quan Chi.
Quan Chi ressurected Shadow, as another "wraith" to serve him. The honorable warrior's soul was gone but he was made much more powerful than he was when he lived. Quan Chi creted one of his illusions, making Shadow think the responsible for his group of rebels' death, was his apprentice, Unknown, promosing him revenge in exchange for his loyality. Shadow's soul was tainted and full of rage so there was no sight of regret when he accepted to server Quan Chi. (this new shadow looked like a ninja in a black suit with a hood covering his head, without a face, just a plain black figure , wihtout a face, or a soul, just another of Ouan Chi's monsters, sharing the fate of Sub Zero and Scorpion.

---------------------------------
--------------------------------
This is a character i used in the origins of my Unknown character. Shadow is his mentor and I made up a history for him :D

Unknown Character:
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/20824-Unknown-quot-The-Gods-can-t-save-everybody-some-have-to-fight!-quot

Last edited:
Shadow:
Special Moves:

- Smoke Evade: Throws a smoke bomb in front of the opponent, allowing him to quickly sweep behind him and connecting with blow to the neck. The enhanced version of this attack would include an extra hit after the blow to the neck.

-
Ninja Stars throw: He’d throw sharp ninja stars at his opponent. The enhanced version would increase the number of stars thrown.

-
Sword stab: he’d grab sword and stab his opponent with it in chest.The enhanced version would have him pushing the sword deeper into his chest after the stab, causing extra damage.

-
Throw: He’d throw his opponent in the air, throwing ninja stars at him

X-RAY:
He’d hit the opponent with a powerful ”dragon fist” in his chest breaking his ribs, causing the opponent to be thrown backwards and as he gets back up on his feet Shadow would throw 3 ninja stars, one hitting him in the chest, getting stuck in the bone, the other piercing his beck and the other in his forehead.

Fatality 1: A shadow is cast down the two players and Shadow disappears from sight. Then a Shadow figure (darker than the background) suddenly appears behind the opponent slicing his head off and disappearing. As the shadow goes away, he’s on the left side of the screen holding his bloody sword, as the opponent is lying down headless.

Fatality 2: He backs away a bit and starts throwing a lot of ninja stars at his opponent, chopping bits of his skin and to end it he throws 3 stars at once that pierces through the side of his neck causing the cut half to fall down, having his head hang on a side... (like zombie liu kang with head broken hanging down).

Hara Kiri: Stab to the middle of his lower chest with the ninja sword.
---------------

(added the special moves here, since I can't add more characters to the 1st post :p)

Last edited:
umm excuse me?
This guy is not dead and has no super powers XD. Well he's dead becuase they killed him, but when he was alive he was just an old ninja.
(the shadow figure from his fatality is supposed to be him, sneaking behind)
There's nothing supernatural to his character. "Shadow" is just a name lol

I don't get it you said this guy is not dead then you say he's dead and if you imagine it
his fatality kinda sound like "Make a wish" minus him splitting the body in two
so this shadow character kinda remind me of Noob Saibot entity he carries within him

Last edited:
yh he's just a normal man lol. And i meant his dead beacuse Sektor killed him.

I might remove the moves, since he's merely a story character from my other story and he'd be like a NPC or something :p (I guess he'd resemple to noob due to the costume but yeah he'd look liek a classic ninja compared to noob's current attire that is more sophisticated)

The look and moves are not really important, I was aiming to tell his story and how he became a lin kuei.

Last edited:
yh he's just a normal man lol. And i meant his dead beacuse Sektor killed him.

I might remove the moves, since he's merely a story character from my other story and he'd be like a NPC or something :p (I guess he'd resemple to noob due to the costume but yeah he'd look liek a classic ninja compared to noob's current attire that is more sophisticated)

The look and moves are not really important, I was aiming to tell his story and how he became a lin kuei.

I think there nothing wrong he could be like another Noob almost as Quan Chi could have resurrected another who shares his ability but could (To quan chi lack the urge to do his own thing) that would be interesting using another wrath like Noob to destroy the creature he help from the hell he was placed in

I might give him a ressurected as a wraith some time XD
Anyway I'm working on a story of a new character I'll post soon(not a lin kuei this time :p)

I might give him a ressurected as a wraith some time XD
Anyway I'm working on a story of a new character I'll post soon(not a lin kuei this time :p)

can't wait to read I went back to looke at my story Father Kahn or Master Kahn giving it a few changes for the second piece to flow with the first

Added an ending. I decided to have Quan Chi ressurect him and lie to him about my other character to make him seek vengence. (I can write a possible encouter of the two further on :p)
So yeah he starts as a lame story character, trains my character and dies. Now he's a wraith trying to kill his apprentice due to Quan Chi's lies :p (the Noob refferences made me want to include this ending, hope you like it :p )

I moved the special moves in my 2nd post since I was at the limit of characters in the 1st XD

Last edited:
Added an ending. I decided to have Quan Chi ressurect him and lie to him about my other character to make him seek vengence. (I can write a possible encouter of the two further on :p)
So yeah he starts as a lame story character, trains my character and dies. Now he's a wraith trying to kill his apprentice due to Quan Chi's lies :p (the Noob refferences made me want to include this ending, hope you like it :p )

I moved the special moves in my 2nd post since I was at the limit of characters in the 1st XD

alrighty then

Kay lol, do you like it?
Might be lame but it wasn't really intended to be an important character so it's ok :p